On 6/19/2020 at 4:23 AM, Henni147 said:

I don't know what is the biggest clownery in this whole story:

1. The fact that Nathan beat Yuzu with +40 points in Torino.

2. The fact that JSF watched this travesty in silence without doing anything.

3. The fact that of all people it must be G***haguet who speaks up for Yuzu and questions JSF's sanity.

On 6/19/2020 at 8:23 AM, Fay said:

On 6/19/2020 at 2:22 PM, FlyingCamel said:

On 6/20/2020 at 3:28 AM, Fay said:

They put out some new bits in 2018 Niigata FaOI 

there you can see the famous tumble just out of shot... 

5 hours ago, Seorose said:

The sign in Ice Rink Sendai says, " This thermography camera is installed by a donation from Yuzuru Hanyu senshu."

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Oh, Yuzu ... always so considerate and generous! :heart:

On 6/21/2020 at 9:49 PM, CiONTUw4A said:

On 6/22/2020 at 5:15 AM, CiONTUw4A said:

On 6/22/2020 at 7:37 AM, sweetwater said:

Taiwanese version of Aoi Honoo. I guess this is a collectors edition? Looks cool!

https://www.kadokawa.com.tw/event_detail539.htm

On 6/22/2020 at 11:25 AM, jesenjin said:

On 6/22/2020 at 10:01 PM, FlyingCamel said:

On 6/23/2020 at 2:56 AM, CiONTUw4A said:

13 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

The mannequin was made according to Yuzu's proportions... THE WAIST :DancingAlien:... but I feel like the :peach: wasn't done justice. Are my eyes deceiving me? 

Google translated:

"The costume display ❣️ was impressive at the Yuzuru Hanyu exhibition
 A torso made to order according to Hanyu's special figure
 The secret story about making a torso is... very interesting, and the memories that I was excited about in the photo 💓 😍

#Yomiuri-san Yuzuru Hanyu Exhibition 2020 Thank you"

9 hours ago, Ririka said:

7 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

7 hours ago, Lunna said:

I think it's 1.8 million USD, but still amazing

On 6/25/2020 at 3:35 AM, FlyingCamel said:

5 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

2 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

10 off ice pictures of Yuzu from the previous season :)

17 hours ago, Fay said:

Do I get it right, that we all missed a chance of spending 360.000 yen to get a Citizen watch and an autograph on a poster? 

12 hours ago, Geo1 said:

The ISU Skating Awards are scheduled for July 11.

"Japanese figure skating star Yuzuru Hanyu received two nominations for the inaugural International Skating Union (ISU) Skating Awards.

"The two-time Olympic champion earned a nomination in the most valuable skater category, which aims to reward athletes who increase the popularity of figure skating with their fan base and media attention.

"He was nominated alongside American rival Nathan Chen and French ice dance pair Gabriella Papadakis and Guillaume Cizeron.

"Hanyu's second nod came in the best costume category, with American free dancers Madison Chock and Evan Bates, plus Russia's Anna Shcherbakova."

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1095737/isu-skating-awards-nominations

Given these criteria, if Yuzu does not win the most valuable skater category, there is something very odorous going on in the offices of the ISU.

12 hours ago, Fay said:

Some beauty to be relished - 3A throughout the season 

1 hour ago, FlyingCamel said:

Amazing how much work went into the costume!!

Regarding the “support all skaters equally” topic, I think there are people who do so, but I don’t think all figure skating fans should be obliged to do the same - after all this is sport and everyone will have their favourites!

Update: Kevin himself reposted!

What does MDR mean tho

4 hours ago, Veveco said:

The longer version (but most of it is recycled footage).

Edit: the wink :10636614:

2 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

@Aydmen  a season calendar for 2020/2021 that will contain photographs from Sunao Noto is scheduled to be released on 18 September. But it seems it'll only be limited and you have to apply for it until 24 July. :( 

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/contents/information/2020/06/30/20202021/amp.php?__twitter_impression=true

In English:

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

just posting this here bc yuzu is in it, but not interacting/retweeting it because it makes me sick :14066882:

On 7/2/2020 at 2:11 PM, ralucutzagy said:

Yep, she's a fanyu. We already knew it. :heart: 

On 7/3/2020 at 1:26 PM, Fay said:

Hmmm, this seems to be about the exhibition - what’s he saying? 

On 7/3/2020 at 4:11 PM, sweetwater said:

So, he was announcing that they'll upload this clip :68271262: in which he talks about this photo.

https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/topics/20200615-OYT8T50061/

Click on the video displayed under this title

”写真部 若杉和希記者の写真解説講座

(1)オータムクラシック ショートプログラム(SP)(2019年9月13日、カナダ)”

Rough Translation of his comment in the longer video

On 7/3/2020 at 8:29 PM, FlyingCamel said:

On 7/4/2020 at 9:14 AM, IceWings said:

21 hours ago, Pammi said:

9 hours ago, Fay said:

On 7/4/2020 at 1:57 PM, yuzuonice said:

The Yuzuru Hanyu International FB group is boycotting the awards (this group has 21k memebers)

https://i.ibb.co/xCm1YYY/Screenshot-20200704-125512.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1610393525875114/permalink/2663822970532159/

21 hours ago, sweetwater said:

I am half jokingly half seriously believe that they tried to measure how many people actually care about this award by publishing bio full of mistakes because the number of likes and retweets their tweets on the award get looks smaller compared to the number of likes and RTs their tweets about streaming of past competitions, or a tweet like this from Nekomasamune gets.

22 hours ago, Fay said:

21 hours ago, Veveco said:

They corrected the name but not Jully :smiley-laughing021:

16 hours ago, Fay said:

6 hours ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Vietnamese Fanyus joining the boycott 🔥

5 hours ago, Yuzu_legend said:

4 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

This blogger is introducing a post in Weibo (I couldn't reach the source), in which Apple AI Siri is showing more accurate biography of Yuzuru than ISU :rofl3:

https://ameblo.jp/mimiyesp/entry-12608854549.html

43 minutes ago, Yuzu_legend said:

26 minutes ago, Pammi said:

On 7/5/2020 at 6:16 PM, monchan said:

Btw for those who want Ice Jewels photobooks without shipping fee or any waiting:

On 7/5/2020 at 7:10 PM, Patch said:

here you go~ So you don’t have to click ISU’s link

18 hours ago, Paskud said:

11 hours ago, Veveco said:

ISU editing keeps delivering. Notice also Dick Button, the Olympic chamMpion. Do they not even have autocorrect?

11 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

It looks like they changed the GPF one too! 

9 hours ago, Paskud said:

8 hours ago, Veveco said:

The summary of the bio edit saga. It's a bit redundant with previous posts, but worth a look for the laugh. I don't even know why they bothered with the last round of edits to be honest.:popcorn:

Not that they'll stop with the Boyang erasure but that's a separate battle...

On 7/7/2020 at 4:37 PM, FlyingCamel said:

Citizen has posted a picture of Yuzu as well, along with a message cheering on students who are taking exams 💪🏻

On 7/7/2020 at 6:28 PM, amylance1215 said:

https://twitter.com/PARKERPENSJAPAN/status/1280033797480693760?s=20The ad compares the smoothness of the writing to Yuzu's skating. He's really a household name in Japan :201111231756430f6:

23 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

21 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

in honour of our favorite chocolate ad man:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chocolate_Day (and you thought it was only Tanabata today0:))

I know we've all seen this video before but it bears repeating: https://youtu.be/goy1t_2U8c4

19 hours ago, Fay said:

Somehow, Beijing 2022 going full Fanyu mode always ends up on my twitter timeline XD

4 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Otekomachi, a news outlet of Yomiuri interviewed Kazuki Wakasugi, who is in charge of photography in Yuzuru Hanyu Online Exhibition, and Toru Yaguchi, the photographer of "Yuzuru Hanyu 2019-2020" by Hochi. (*Hochi is affiliated with Yomiuri) Their comments in this article are really nice, so I posted a translation in Translation.

Please take a look at it when you have time:8122685:

On 7/9/2020 at 8:25 AM, CiONTUw4A said:

14 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

12 hours ago, Fay said:

Hey, folks, they added up some new pictures to the Yomiuri exhibition gallery! 
https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/s/ims/yuzuruhanyu20192020second/

8 hours ago, Old Cat Lady said:

**This has the ISU award link for anyone that wants to watch it**

Is it true that if something gets enough down votes, the video gets hidden?

We should all click "dislike".  Even if it doesn't do anything, at least it'll send a message if there's more "dislikes" than "likes"

https://youtu.be/lyChtWxZYn0

eta: looks like some are saying it could actually be good for the video

https://www.quora.com/What-happens-when-I-dislike-a-video-in-YouTube#:~:text=If you dislike a video,being promoted much in searches. 

On 7/11/2020 at 5:50 PM, sweetwater said:

By the way, Yomiuri uploaded another video of Wakasugi san talking about a photo of Yuzu on their Online Yuzuru Hanyu Exhibition site yesterday.

https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/topics/20200615-OYT8T50061/

You can watch it by clicking on the video displayed under this title
”(2)GPファイナル フリー(2019年12月7日、イタリア)”

Rough Translation of his comment 

Hello, everyone who has come to see the Hanyu Yuzuru Online Exhibition. It is Kazuki Wakasugi from the photography department of the Yomiuri Shimbun Tokyo headquarters. Today, I am going to talk about this photograph. (Shows a picture of Yuzu on his knee after finishing his FS at GPF2019)

It is a photo of "Origin" during the men's free skate at the Grand Prix Final held in December last year, in Turin, Italy. He participated in GPF for the first time in 3years, and men's FS took place on his 25th birthday. After he finished his program kneeling down and throwing up his left hand, he fell facedown on the ice, as if to collapse. This is the moment he looked up, breathing hard and heavy.

He went into this free skate seeking to come from behind and win over Nathan Chen, who was leading after the short program by a rather large margin of 12.95 points, so, right from the beginning, I could feel his determination, or his energy so strongly even through the finder or the lens. My heart beat fast, and I got a bit terrified while watching him. It was a tremendous free skate.

That free skate was so tremendous that in my mind, I wanted to say, "Please, stop it! You've done enough!" When it comes to photographing Hanyu senshu, I am the kind of photographer who would want to present his comfortable or a gentle expression (t/n: see the note bellow) instead of a bit grim, or pained look like this. However, this moment in this photograph, I think, was something essential to the 2019-2020 season, so I asked (t/n: the curator) to include this photo in this exhibition.

But why did I feel that this moment was essential? He had won the two consecutive Olympic titles and had been demanded, expected to win as a matter of course. But he still wasn't satisfied with himself. He continued performing, giving every bit of himself to it, to reach even higher goals. He kept on fighting, putting all of his energy until finally, he became unable to get up on his feet. I think this expression appeared on his face because he went through that much. This expression also made me hopeful that I might be able to see him reaching a higher goal. When I saw this scene, I could not help but reflect on my whole life, wondering if I ever had put my all energy into something like that, until I become unable to get up in my feet. I think that free skate was something that could make others reflect and ponder on something by watching figure skating. After this men's free skate, I had to go to Stockholm, Sweden as soon as possible to cover the Nobel Prize Award Ceremonies. It's a shame that I wasn't able to see his expressions at the press conference, victory ceremony, and exhibition, but I think it was really fortunate to have been able to witness this free skate that was filled with determination, as well as this moment.

You can see other photographs taken during GPF in this exhibition. I hope you will enjoy them as well. Thank you for watching this video until the end. (Bows)

T/n: "I am the kind of photographer who would want to present his comfortable or a gentle expression"
This part is a rather free translation. Original says that he wants to show "涼しげな、優しげな表情" instead of a bit grim, or pained look here. 表情 means facial expression. 涼しい roughly means "cool in temperature," and 涼しげ roughly means something looks cool, refreshing, clean, etc. It is the opposite of warm, sweaty, and disheveled. 涼しげ is also used to describe someone's facial expression when someone is doing something difficult like nothing as if saying, "No sweat." When it is used to describe the beauty of someone's face itself, it means the face has something that reminds people of something cool, clear, and comfortable, such as clear cold water or cool breeze, etc. A face with long-slitted eyes and clear skin like Yuzu's are typical 涼しげ face to Japanese. However, he also looks 涼しげ when he lands 3A from difficult entry like nothing and goes into spread eagle or twizzle. Since I am not sure which 涼しげ Wakasugi san means here, and could not come up with English expressions suitable for conveying the nuance, I compromised with "comfortable." If you know any words can be used to translate 涼しげ, I would appreciate your advice.

On 7/11/2020 at 11:44 PM, FlyingCamel said:

On 7/11/2020 at 11:56 PM, ralucutzagy said:

22 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

22 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Someone on twitter has very kindly compiled all the Yuzu appearances :) 

19 hours ago, Veveco said:

18 hours ago, Veveco said:

13 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

6 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

6 hours ago, FlyingCamel said:

Olympic channel published an article on the awards... and if course we know who is headlining it XD

Citizen congratulated Yuzu too! 

We stan a considerate king 💕

5 hours ago, Fay said:

16 hours ago, LadyLou said:

or maybe it was a Freudian slip :P

Everyone knows we are one giant hive sharing only one single braince....WAIT! NOPE! That's the ISU+USFSA&Rusfed+Olychannel+NBC+IMG:4:

Trash lessons must really be in meager times, if they're baiting us so hard

I almost wish we truly were one Singular Fanyu and act as one body to just let Trash lesson slide into the obscurity they deserve.

But alas, we are not One Fanyu. Everyone chooses for themselves, so someone will still give them too much attention.

Anyway, a pity. Trash lessons have, sometimes, got some things right (like discussing some abuse cases, and it looks like they're talking about Nini too), but I just can't stomach them.

I suppose they feel the same towards fanyus, but we're not the ones who try to bait those we despise so we can make money out of their clicks:3:

LOL I saw that one too, it was brilliant!:laughing:

Anyway, we've been swallowing in the :angry_party: mood for one day too long :P  Let's talk about better things! :tumblr_inline_n18qrbDQJn1qid2nw: uplifting things!:tumblr_inline_n2pje2YFXq1qdlkyg: 

Like, are the Yuzu Ice Jewels photobooks already available in digital format? Will they be available on amazon.co.jp? Should I surrender my wallet? (yep, that's me disguising my search for info as a selfless change of topic:tumblr_inline_n0o1fjLfy91qid2nw:  )

also, was this posted?

I can't believe this pic was taken through a water bottle  :knc_yuzu1:   I'm in awe of photographers' skills

9 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said:

6 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Cross-posting from Team Japan thread: 

JSF announced that they decided to stop sending their athletes to the following JGP and CS competitions considering the risk of getting/spreading the coronavirus and that athletes will have to self-quarantine themselves after coming back from competitions held abroad.

The CS events subject to this announcement:
CS Autumn Classic International
CS Nevelhorn Trophy
CS Finlandia Trophy
CS Budapest Trophy

5 hours ago, amylance1215 said:

Waseda deleted the other tweet and tweeted another one specifying his college... 

So current mood is...

In other news, our MVS is naturally topping the chart again :tumblr_inline_mqt4graWWO1qz4rgp:

2 hours ago, Fay said:

Some new old stuff, folks!  

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7uyo5s

1 hour ago, amylance1215 said:

Can someone please translate the Japanese and Chinese in this post? It looked like something amazing transpired here including comment or something from a Chinese prison??? Someone in the comment said Yuzu was accused of setting fire in everyone's heart? Well they ain't wrong there :rofl2:

I don't understand fully but I need to know!! Thank you in advance!

49 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

I don't understand the Japanese, but the post in Chinese is about Yuzu getting the MVS award and winning 4cc, achieving the super slam, and breaking world records many times. The comments are just people commenting emojis of what looks like a microphone, it seems? Don't get it either hahaha

Oh about the prison thing, the name of the account who wrote that post seems to be the name of a prison. 

Edit: did some Googling and it seems that the account belongs to Chuanxi Prison in Sichuan province, China. 

31 minutes ago, FlyingCamel said:

No clue haha, but regarding the "setting hearts on fire" thing, I looked up the post on Weibo and indeed, one of the comments say "is it because Yuzu sets hearts on fire?"  (芳心纵火犯) 

The literal translation would be "heart arsonist" but I think it means being a heartthrob! (not very familiar with this phrase, do correct me if I am wrong)

12 minutes ago, Fay said:

On 7/13/2020 at 3:44 PM, Umebachi said:

From the Kamakura City Council member Mr. Kono:  He congratulates Hanyu-senshu for the MVS, and he says he is cheering him from Kamakura, together with Mr. Habu (the Shogi Master with the same written kanji name as Hanyu).

On 7/13/2020 at 10:09 PM, CiONTUw4A said:

A post on the official Weibo account of the Chinese TV network CGTN about Yuzu winning the ISU MVP award has been viewed 290 million times.

On 7/13/2020 at 11:28 PM, FlyingCamel said:

😅 We all jumped to conclusions too early heh

Satomi posted Otonal too!

On 7/14/2020 at 1:39 AM, CiONTUw4A said:

Wow, it seems that the ISU award ceremony was broadcast on a bus in China's Hangzhou City.

On 7/14/2020 at 5:08 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Spot the Yuzu! Probably too easy for people like us hehe 🙈

On 7/14/2020 at 7:51 AM, FlyingCamel said:

Yuzu’s MVS moment with Japanese and English subtitles for anyone interested! 

On 7/14/2020 at 12:21 PM, sallycinnamon said:

On 7/15/2020 at 3:28 AM, yude said:

This makes me emotional, Japanese gymnast, Asuka Teramoto, chose "Origin" as music piece for her last program in the floor routine.

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2020/07/15/kiji/20200715s00067000212000c.html

Asuka tore her Achilles' tendon in February but has been training for the competitions of this season and also aiming for Tokyo Olympics. She is a two time Olympian and two time national champion. She says she wants to end her competitive career with music of Origin and will save the program for the next season because she wants to show it at the very end. Good luck, Asuka! (I think I am going to cry when I see it because I have been watching her since she was very very young :smiley-sad021:)

By the way, I've read that when Kanako Murakami was learning gymnastics in her childhood, Asuka was one of her teammates. Small world!

On 7/15/2020 at 4:38 AM, CiONTUw4A said:

On 7/15/2020 at 6:54 AM, sweetwater said:

S-Style (a Sendai local magazine) paid a visit to the International Center Station to celebrate Yuzu winning the MVS award. You can see the photos of the monuments and Goshiki Numa in a rainy season here.

On 7/15/2020 at 10:58 AM, CiONTUw4A said:

23 hours ago, LadyLou said:

I don't remember if this had been posted

I'm posting it because, while reading, it struck me that this was exactly the kind of piece that I expected to read by Olympic channel about that award -- instead of that terrible thing we got.

22 hours ago, Fay said:

Google Trends over the years. 

7 hours ago, yude said:

Asuka says, "When I overcome the hardest time and am back to the competition (near future), I think I will be moved and might cry.", "Origin, the music Hanyu-kun has used, I want to use it and my goal is to dance in it to the fullest." :smiley-happy105:

3 hours ago, CiONTUw4A said: