19 hours ago, mercedes said:

thank you thank you:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

This is great to watch too,even if on one side it highlights the terrible terrible camera work that there was in Torino,on the other side it's pretty clear how more mature he is even after less then 2 years!

5 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

3 hours ago, Paskud said:

1 hour ago, Paskud said:

29 minutes ago, GraceAndPower said:

They did a second lift in gala practice! I don't think it's been posted yet:

1 hour ago, river said:

If anyone was still wondering if he actually kisses the ice on that super-low hydroblade... well, I think these pictures definitively answer that question. I almost feel like I'm watching something I shouldn't be. :8788161:

13 hours ago, tuyettu said:

5 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

2 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

On 12/10/2019 at 5:40 AM, yuzuangel said:

A nice article about Ghislain Briand. It's in French but you can google translate (translation is quite good).

https://www.journaldemontreal.com/2019/12/07/larchitecte-dun-monument-japonais

On 12/10/2019 at 6:03 AM, Paskud said:

On 12/10/2019 at 6:12 AM, yuzuangel said:

On 12/10/2019 at 5:17 PM, Sabrina said:

i filmed his Gala Program at the GPF it’s not the best quality but it’s passable 

18 hours ago, rockstaryuzu said:

Just leaving this here is case anyone hasn't seen it. We've all done so much hand-wringing over the GPF results but he himself sounds remarkably matter-of-fact and even sanguine about it:

@holina for some reason, I could picture him as a surfer. I don't know why, maybe he just has that slightly off-beat character. And yes, the mental image is very :10742290:

17 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

12 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

11 hours ago, kaeryth said:

11 hours ago, kaeryth said:

8 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

7 hours ago, Yuzupu said:

6 hours ago, lila said:

So NBC contacted Brian regarding the no coach situ in gpf and turns out it was actually JSF behind this abrupt decision of choosing Ghislain for accredited coach. Brian did not even know about this until later 

also very disappointing to see how ppl accused Brian and TCC when they had nothing to do with the situ

http://olympics.nbcsports.com/2019/12/11/yuzuru-hanyu-brian-orser/amp/?__twitter_impression=true

5 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

On 12/11/2019 at 5:47 PM, SuzyQ said:

Wow!

The professor says the distance and height are enough for 4A, but the landing timing is still for his 3A.  So, if he can delay the landing timing slightly, he may be able to succeed it.

Scared, but so excited.  Really hope no injury :smiley-angelic001:

Has anybody posted this already?

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/news/html/20191210/k10012208951000.html

23 hours ago, Fay said:

The boy’s back to TCC -  Bruce Waddell’s stories 

13 hours ago, mokjakarma said:

51 minutes ago, Geo1 said:

19 hours ago, Veveco said:

19 hours ago, mokjakarma said:

Have you guys seen this? I thought at first it was a music sheet.

9 hours ago, Fay said:

7 hours ago, Veveco said:

Olympic Channel's video of Santa Yuzu

5 hours ago, Geo1 said:

Article regarding Google Search 2019:

"First responders who have saved countless lives and public figures, including Japanese figure skater Yuzuru Hanyu and BTS are also featured in this video. To say that this video will leave you in tears is an understatement since it is basically just a collection of everything awesome and wholesome in 2019."

https://www.scoopwhoop.com/news/this-tearjerker-video-of-google-year-in-recap-shows-we-were-all-in-search-of-heroes-in-2019/

3 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:
Interview with Yuzu after the free skate

His english :0 He was really on a roll during these few days haha 

On 12/14/2019 at 7:07 PM, Umebachi said:

HANYUCONOMY REPORT

A new ice rink is opening in Oita prefecture - thanks to Yuzu's suggestion after his performance there post-Sochi Olympics (2014).   This was reported a few days ago on sponichi and I was waiting for someone to do the translation... perhaps it was already reported but I think it's worth repeating.  OP SAY-KA reports that Oita City is in the process of converting one of the main sports centers into a permanent ice rink for both public use and for special training of competitive skaters.  The prefecture is famous for its natural hot springs, and when Yuzu and Akiko Suzuki visited the city for the post-Sochi ice show in June 2014, they had requested the mayor to consider building a permanent rink.  Yuzu had noticed that skaters from Oita prefecture had to travel a couple of hours to the nearest rink in the neighboring prefecture.  Oita city used to have an ice rink until the 90s but had closed it down due to the declining interest in skating.  The officials had noticed the recent rise in the popularity of figure skating, especially due to Hanyu-senshu, and decided to open a permanent rink.  They expect to make profit from the skating public, as well as offer high quality training centre for competing athletes (with natural hot spring for relaxation!).  The second link is from the local TV news in 2014 showing Yuzu visiting both Oita prefecture office and Beppu municipal office to make the request for a new rink.  

After 5 years, his request is turning into reality!  Someday we might see top competitors emerging from the warm, semi-tropical prefecture of Oita!  Who would have thought... (well, at least for me, it breaks down the image I had of this southern prefecture). 

FYI:  The capital of Oita Prefecture is Oita city, and the city adjacent to it is Beppu city - which is famous as the onsen with the highest volume of hot water, boasting 8 separate sources of hot natural springs. 

20 hours ago, Umebachi said:

I appreciate the analysis by professional ballet dancers!

16 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

New Lotte gum CM videos (follow the link on the OP to get to the official site).

There are "Fact" version & "Why" version YT videos and also making video as well.

I love this all black Yuzu. His dominant aura is just so irresistible...:13877886:

12 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

I've just found these tweets and want to share them with you.

He is a medical doctor who is into marshal arts and also admires the artist Prince. The thread is about Yuzu and he's comparing him to what Prince did through his music/life.

Post1 : He's describing the way things turned out for both, Prince and Yuzu that:  "After their big successes (Purple Rain for Prince and Olympics for Yuzu), that had become their standards and anything less than that, they're criticised being failures by the medias and such.  But we know better that their strength is being 'never give up/not to be defeated' by those media's critical responses"

Post2: "I'd imagine if you set a goal at very obvious 'success' such as chart no1 hit or gold medal/winning, then you perhaps cannot draw the strength that's needed to reach the goal and go beyond. The vision that cannot be shared with anyone else as they're the forefront of the field would be greater. Their struggle for trying to forge ahead through difficulties inspires us and shows the true awesomeness"

Post3: "As for Prince's case, his true purposes, was not about creating hit music. He aimed to master all kinds of music styles in order to create music that transcends all differences - race, gender, rich or poor, countries, regions, and social systems, to overcome the divisions of all sorts. For this purpose, he had to have the US and the worldwide success in sales of his music because that would warrant him of accessing the rest of the areas as he wishes"

Post4: "As the world already acknowledged that Hanyu-senshu has reached many milestones of his competition career. But despite the fact, he continues to strive in the very severe world of competitive skating aiming to reach even higher level. That means, it is inevitable that he must compete against himself with the past records. To have such a heart to challenge the hardest and that is the most courageous thing therefore is brilliant"

Post5: "Prince used to show the same courage through his struggles for overcoming many setbacks that crippled him at the time. He showed us the way not the 'How to be successful in life' but the 'How to tackle life'. Do you know the words he said at the last concert in Japan? He said 'Thank you. I'm alright' 

Post6: "The song that Hanyu-senshu chosen for his competition music Let's Go Crazy is an agitative song. 'And if the elevator tries to bring you down' then 'Go crazy, punch a higher floor'. We say 'No' to the demons and 'Go crazy'. We're gonna run crazily!. Prince agitated the audience"

Post7: "There will be an opportunity to choose after an obvious result, that is, to 'live with the result' or to 'live for a new challenge'.  What Hanyu-senshu shows us is not 'living with the past records' but 'living for the current challenges'. Prince once said 'Courage creates new bloom'. The brilliance of Hanyu-senshu's courageous spirit shines brighter than the gold" 

11 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Translation of Ice Jewels Vol. 11 interview with Yuzu

https://juroscorner.blogspot.com/2019/12/YuzuIJ11.html

9 hours ago, Frenchkiss70 said:

Has this been shared already?

:softYuzu:

7 hours ago, Paskud said:

But like... with him him or video of him?

4 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Sharing the Japanese TV segment (from Going with Miyaneya) shared by OP @kionmama6779 which shows the three Olympic athletes Daiya Seto (swimmer), Kohei Uchimura (gymnastics) and Yuzuru Hanyu speaking about their respect for each other.   Seto picked up the earphone bug from Hanyu>> Hanyu sends his support to Uchimura (he empathizes with the gymnast struggling with his injuries but knows he will come back strong)>> and Uchimura sends his respect back to Seto... thus closing the circle of mutual respect.

4 hours ago, tafattsbarn said:

Here's a direct youtube link to it in better quality c: 

22 hours ago, kaeryth said:

21 hours ago, kaeryth said:

7 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

Previous covers of GOETHE magazines: https://goetheweb.jp/backnumber

I am sure it'll be a nice cover of Yuzu.

6 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

New Lotte clear files. 

The costume is less bothering to me than the amount of photoshop they use for these Lotte pictures. :14066882:Yuzu has perfect facial features,  why so much photoshop then? 

6 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

5 hours ago, SuzyQ said:

Yuzuru really attracts photographers :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

.https://number.bunshun.jp/articles/-/841820

https://xxhuyuzero.jp/wp-content/uploads/2019/12/AVTYg7WA-106.jpeg

(Not the coach) Nagakubo-san's article is always really good.  I wanted to translate all, but just an excerpt now. Sorry, very rough translation.

"GPファイナルはカメラマン冥利に尽きる大会だった。ジュニア男子・佐藤駿の歓喜、アリョーナ・コストルナヤの“けしからん”美しさ、そして彼がいた。

彼の存在は新聞社系のカメラマンをおしゃべりにした。フリーだけで1000カット以上もシャッターを切って、実際に紙面に掲載されるのは写真部デスクやら、編集のえらい人やらのフィルターをくぐり抜けた1枚だけ。

そうした不満の解消に「オレの撮った羽生結弦」発表の場を自社のHPに求め、リンク先を明記した上でSNSで発信するカメラマンが増えた。"

The GP final was a competition that photographers were blessed.  The delight of the junior skater, Shun Sato.  The inexcusable beauty of Alena Kostornaya, and there he was.

His presence made newspaper photographers talkative. Only for a free program, shooting more than 1000 cuts, and only one shot is released on the paper after passed through the filters of the photo department desk and higher-ups in editing section.

To eliminate such dissatisfaction, increased number of photographers now utilize their company’s website for releasing “Yuzuru Hanyu photos taken by me” via SNS by specifying the link destination.

21 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

14 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

13 hours ago, Veveco said:

There is an explanation in this thread.

Japanese Nationals 2019

On 12/18/2019 at 7:53 AM, WinForPooh said:

On 12/18/2019 at 9:04 AM, CiONTUw4A said:

On 12/18/2019 at 10:44 AM, sallycinnamon said:

I can't watch it at work but hopefully there'll be videos soon. 

https://twitter.com/mainichiphoto/status/1207234723816169472?s=20

23 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

19 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

19 minutes ago, sallycinnamon said:

16 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

8 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

5 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

4 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

21 hours ago, Veveco said:

19 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

https://twitter.com/soracchi1226/status/1207760094475280384?s=20

Yuzu's hair grows really fast! Look at all that hair! Love it! :girlsigh::8232307:

16 hours ago, Umebachi said:

Yuzu has just entered the arena for the morning practice, with Brian and Ghislain.  It's a beautiful day outside.

12 hours ago, SuperMin said:

6 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

1 hour ago, Veveco said:

4 hours ago, madraykin said:

5 hours ago, sweetwater said:

That was scary. Glad he managed to land it.

Score is 110.72!

4 hours ago, LadyLou said:

Have these been posted? New stats

3 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Result of SP

https://www.jsfresults.com/National/2019-2020/fs_j/nationalsenior/data0103.htm

Translation of the names of the skaters

Reveal hidden contents

3 hours ago, wildstrawberry said:

2 hours ago, WinForPooh said:

2 hours ago, BWOZWaltz said:

1 hour ago, Paskud said: