On 7/8/2018 at 11:10 AM, lazuliblade said:

The video finished uploading!
https://mega.nz/#!zH4QiCzJ
decryption key: !k77ugz8gCtE_3Gf8syEQxMhv1cDju_E9yHUiV6X5ygQ

:tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

On 7/8/2018 at 6:27 PM, Forcefield said:

Hanyu cut by Lorando Muffin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HKuTwOrM58

In the description, supposedly the one aired two weeks ago had different angles O.o

On 7/9/2018 at 4:20 AM, Sammie said:

22 hours ago, getsurenka said:
Costume designer Satomi Ito posted costumes she made for Yuzuru
Seimei:
Notte Stellata:
Phantom of the Opera:

https://twitter.com/StmitoD/status/1016220981570953216

21 hours ago, kaeryth said:

19 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:
The 2017/2018 Season Photobook goes on sale on 14 July

11 hours ago, Victoria said:

Translation of Yuzuru's interview from 2007 (?)

9 hours ago, sallycinnamon said:

A new picture - Yuzu is back in Toronto

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlBkGZ7lZCQ/?utm_source=ig_embed

13 hours ago, Fay said:

11 hours ago, sweetwater said:

Comparison between Haru yo koi in Kobe and Shizuoka after Shinya Kiyotsuka's comment on how the program has been brushed up and become 30 seconds longer than the first version.

10 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

7 hours ago, Sammie said:
we all knew Yuzu was behind the axels. Here is solid proof :68468287:

On 7/11/2018 at 10:45 AM, glilikoi said:

https://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2018/07/11/kiji/20180711s00079000060000c.html

I am really bored in this double lecture, so here is a quick translation attempt of the whole thing.. I am not a pro translator so there are probably some mistakes, but it was a pretty funny and cute article.

"A tripod in my left hand, a camera bag in my right hand. Aware that I might come across as a suspicious character, I keep a smile on my face on the way to the prime minister's residence. But when a young police officer asks me "where are you going?", I end up acting like a confused intruder. 

"Going to see Hanyu-san."

"Where are you coming from?"

"I came from figure skating." An unclear answer. 

It is July 2, the ceremony for Hanyu Yuzuru's People's Honor Award. For a photographer of a sports mag, this is an extremely high-class place. Clearing up this kind of confusion ends up taking 40 minutes, but eventually, I reach the entrance hall of the prime minister's residence. A place familiar from news programs, where reporters shout "PM!". I wait for Hanyu's arrival here together with the cameramen employed by the Diet. I feel completely out of my depth, although the others are nice enough to inform me that Hanyu will arrive on the premises in a suit but then change to a hakama to attend the ceremony. I take the chance to enquire about an unresolved question on my mind. "Is it okay to make requests during the photo session? Like asking the two of them to make the Seimei pose together during the award ceremony?" "We won't stop you but .. Making that kind of a request while the two of them are in the middle of talking is a bit.." They gave a pointed laugh.  

At 10.40AM, the car carrying Hanyu arrives in the entryway.

Unlike the advance information, he enters the entrance hall wearing a crested hakama, causing a violent frenzy of shutter sounds and flickering strobe lights; the atmosphere changes completely. 

It is a black crested hakama of beautifully folding Sendaihira silk gauze. 

Prostrating myself before this overwhelming display of "young master-ness", I turn into a "jii" (basically like a bumbling uncle).

After his arrival to the ceremony place, this worrying uncle cannot stop obsessing over possible faults.

"Young master, you shouldn't let the nerves get to you" (Nerves? He seemed to have a sense of dominance over the place.)

"Young master, stop looking around so restlessly" (He only glanced at the back wall once.)

"Young master, it is not manly to show those white teeth of yours so easily" (Actually, it's just charming.)

"Young master, what if you drop your folding fan! If this was a competition, you'd get a deduction, a full 1 point deduction for sure" (This was just before the ceremony started, as he was standing up) 

And after the ceremony, as PM Abe firmly clasped Hanyu's right hand, this uncle's feeling of worry was reaching a new height. 

"Prime minister! Such whimsy. Aren't you too powerful!" In my mind, my hand was reaching for my sword. 

After that, as the on-the-spot interviews finished and Hanyu was leaving the venue, I followed him with my eyes. If I had called out to his back, I think he would have turned around and showed me a smile. But this was the prime minister's residence. If I made him do anything that might be seen as unbecoming here, he might end up in trouble. 

"Young master, you were wonderful" I whispered in my heart while watching him go. 

"It really was not the right atmosphere for asking them to do the Seimei pose together.." On my way back, I heard an old friend, a Diet photographer, say this.

"What, but that is merely conjecture." 

It was a hot and intense day. 

Nagakubo Yutaka was born in 1962. In a convenience store on his way home, he was asked "what did you do at work today?" and answered "I worked for the sake of the country beside prime minister Abe and Yuzuru Hanyu", completely surprising the clerk and delighting this 56-year-old. 

On 7/12/2018 at 7:25 PM, yuzuangel said:

On 7/12/2018 at 2:32 AM, Sammie said:
Scott talked about the SBS Axel again

Yuzu’s ice show  :10814716:

16 hours ago, MrPudding said:

14 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

On 7/13/2018 at 1:57 AM, sweetwater said:

Yuzu is probably a nickname given by those who are close to him when he was a child because we can hear his ex-coaches call him Yuzu in old documentaries and news clips. His old friends (e.g. Ryuju and Keiji) also calls him Yuzu.
In this press conference held 3 years ago when he receive an award, he refers to the nickname as a name people call him as a person, not as Hanyu senshu. (See from 3:14)

Rough translation of the relevant part (from 03:14)

Hide contents

Akiko: Akiko Suzuki from CBC's "Gogosuma." (A news show produced by a Nagoya-based TV station) Congratulations on your receiving Chunichi Taiiku Award. I think everywhere you go, people tend to see you as Yuzuru Hanyu, the figure skater. Do you have any moment you can be just you, an ordinary 20-years-old, not "Hanyu senshu"? 

Yuzu: I think Ms. Akiko Suzuki knows the answer pretty well...(laughs)

Akiko: (Laughs)

Yuzu: If I should answer the question, I would say in the backstage of an ice show, where I am with many skaters who are close to me.In such occasion, I feel... how should I say, I can feel that I am Yuzu, not "Yuzuru Hanyu." I can rarely be my private self when I am on the ice putting my skating shoes on, but when I am taking part in ice shows, there are many senpais who are soooo nice to me and kohais who I can depend on. Only in such occasions, I can be just a university student while being a skater. So I have fun in ice shows and I owe it to you, my senpais. (laughs)

*At this time, Akiko went there as one of the press without telling Yuzu about it when they were doing FaOI together a few days ago, So Yuzu looks surprised when he finds her.

On 7/13/2018 at 6:04 AM, BWOZWaltz said:

Are we talking about Yuzu and yuzu related topic now?

https://twitter.com/Poohdayone/status/1017344085646925824

Japanese fanyus came up with another hashtag, this time is #砂漠期を乗り切ろう (#surviving the drought season / off season).

When I looked at this Yuzu photo, I thought wth...

On 7/13/2018 at 9:40 AM, Iknirg said:

https://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODU0MzkwOTg4.html

I never saw this version of PW before.  :tumblr_m9gcttgdYF1qzckow:

The initial choreo changed so much. :grin: This is from THE ICE 2012.

On 7/16/2018 at 4:08 AM, lazuliblade said:

I'd meant to post this last night but real life happened and then I was out all day today. Since we were talking about allergies, I thought I should link a helpful small article for reference:
https://www.asthma.org.uk/advice/triggers/alcohol/
(It's usually the histamines and sulphites that trigger the reaction, but if he had a bad reaction to an ethanol disinfectant in the hospital, I doubt ingesting it would be smart - even if the ethanol content isn't too high in the drink.)
Someone I'm close to is asthmatic and allergic to certain types of alcohol - and if it's cider, then it's specific enough to certain brands that it's like playing Russian roulette if she wants to try out a new type. She had an attack a while ago because of this, so this is still fresh in my mind. Alcohol and asthma don't really mix well, but of course it's a case-by-case basis. Just because one type of alcohol doesn't affect Yuzu doesn't mean another won't throw him into an asthma attack. If he was really determined to drink anyway, then I'm sure he would proceed with caution while exploring which alcohols he can and can't drink, but he did say he doesn't really care for drinking in the first place.

Multiple people have been citing the times Yuzu mentioned the alcohol allergy/reaction, so I went and found the links for easy reference :tumblr_inline_n18qr7hmfk1qid2nw:

• Here he talked about how bad the reaction in the hospital was - a rash where the strong disinfecting alcohol was used + hives from the antibiotics that were injected. He talks a little more about his hospital experience in the full Aoi Honoo II pages, but this is the majority of it.
  •  This is the Asaichi moment people are referring to, where he noted that he was allergic, citing the hospital case, and stating that it's probably for the best anyway since he's an athlete.
  • I don't remember that anecdote about drinking with his father and grandpa though, so if someone could find that, that'd be great.

Yuzu wouldn't have had alcohol on the coming of age day itself (Jan 12th that year), because he was in the hospital during that time (2 weeks in the hospital; New Year's Eve was the day after his surgery <-- these are stated in Aoi Honoo II). Unless they smuggled alcohol into a hospital room....

------------------
And now I really want to go rewatch Haru yo Koi because of the recent posts here. :tumblr_meh7vxvIUd1qdlkyg: (if only there was a sakura emoji)

On 7/16/2018 at 4:30 AM, Peony said:

If he took his shirt off, he would have to be the one sitting because the boy on the end is wearing a necklace but that looks like Joseph. I think she pixelated the people in the background as a courtesy because she didn't have their permission, and added the "I'm not telling you that #Yuzu is on the pic too" because she knew everyone would assume he was in the photo since he was in their class. It was misinterpreted because of the emojis and I think the excitement and reposting caused her to delete the photo and the other ones she took with the stars.

It was in the June 2016 Yuzu Days マイレピ by P&G (https://www.myrepi.com/tag/yuzu-days). It requires an account but here is the relevant quote: 20歳になって仙台に帰った時、成人式のお祝いで祖父と従兄弟と一緒に初めてお酒を飲みました。後から父も仲間に入ってみんなで飲んだのですが、ろれつが回らなくなりました。日本酒はおいしかったけど、体質的にあまり向いていないかもしれないと思いました。アスリートとしては、お酒が飲めなくてちょうど良かったです(笑)。His family celebrated his coming of age day after he was released the hospital. I remember because he wore a hakama and it was well-received. :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

On 7/17/2018 at 7:41 AM, Erin said:

On 7/17/2018 at 1:29 PM, katonice said:

On 7/17/2018 at 1:33 PM, katonice said:

On 7/19/2018 at 12:50 PM, monchan said:

I hope he can train and prepare for new ss in peace. Btw, who "reported" thou? :war:

On 7/20/2018 at 2:40 AM, MrPudding said:

On 7/20/2018 at 6:53 AM, monchan said:

Seems like my wish of Yuzu's clone to compete after he retires isn't all impossible=))

On 7/20/2018 at 1:53 PM, Sammie said:

On 7/20/2018 at 7:12 PM, Sammie said:

On 7/20/2018 at 11:38 PM, LadyLou said:

On 7/21/2018 at 8:06 AM, ralucutzagy said:

On 7/21/2018 at 8:19 AM, getsurenka said:

Some good news to brighten the recent days with.

On 7/21/2018 at 12:53 PM, MrPudding said:

On 7/21/2018 at 4:16 PM, katonice said:

On 7/23/2018 at 11:50 PM, Sammie said:

He signed the picture for her. How sweet :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

eta: is he dating his signature now? Just to make our lives easier? :joy:

On 7/24/2018 at 5:36 AM, kaeryth said:

On 7/24/2018 at 5:46 AM, monchan said:

On 7/24/2018 at 8:01 AM, ralucutzagy said: