Music talk

7 minutes ago, Xen said:

:smile: I'm all for Yuzu and Stravinsky!

I tried to search a bit more for classical musicians with some jazz influenced tunes, and also found a Ravel, though this one is slightly hard to choreograph around ( think Jeux D'eau is better):

Omg thanks for the wonderful listen! ;u; 

I've listened to several versions of Summertime, and thought about what would suit Yuzuru best. 

I like Annie Lennox's recent version. It's slow, deep, enriched with instrumental crescendo and her wonderful, mature voice. 

I'd love to see Yuzuru skate to something that would require him to slow everything down - sort of like a Chopin 4.0, if you will. Chopin and Hope and Legacy have really brought out Yuzuru's qualities, so I wonder if he could improve even more from that point of view.

10 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Omg thanks for the wonderful listen! ;u; 

I've listened to several versions of Summertime, and thought about what would suit Yuzuru best. 

I like Annie Lennox's recent version. It's slow, deep, enriched with instrumental crescendo and her wonderful, mature voice. 

I'd love to see Yuzuru skate to something that would require him to slow everything down - sort of like a Chopin 4.0, if you will. Chopin and Hope and Legacy have really brought out Yuzuru's qualities, so I wonder if he could improve even more from that point of view.

I can see this, but it'll be hard to cut. Probably as an ex. And the music is something that I think Yuzu would like, maybe not as warm up music (can't headbang to this)but cool down, or thinking music definitely. C'mon Jeff, ye who brought us LGC, make it happen! Actually I think quite a bit of Annie Lennox would work for him. 

On the other hand, he's such an anime fan, I'm sure he's heard of Cowboy Beebop right? So what about it FaOI: Yuzu+Cowboy Beebop "Real Folk Blues"+ Live? Hmm? 

21 minutes ago, Xen said:

I can see this, but it'll be hard to cut. Probably as an ex. And the music is something that I think Yuzu would like, maybe not as warm up music (can't headbang to this)but cool down, or thinking music definitely. C'mon Jeff, ye who brought us LGC, make it happen! Actually I think quite a bit of Annie Lennox would work for him. 

On the other hand, he's such an anime fan, I'm sure he's heard of Cowboy Beebop right? So what about it FaOI: Yuzu+Cowboy Beebop "Real Folk Blues"+ Live? Hmm? 

Oooh I approve! 

And yes, yes, I was thinking about EXes programs... since Notte Stellata, I've been thinking about Yuzuru experimenting with them. 

Also, with the change of rules, the time for both SP and LP will change, right? That will be a new music cutting challenge. 

Honestly though, without LGC this year, I will really miss rockstar Yuzuru... so actually I'm not sure if I want a slow sentimental EX as much as a rock/jazz/pop one. xD 

• 2 weeks later...

That would be me- I didn't say upbeat I said rock/pop or stage musical- I suppose more mainstream tastes was what I meant really!  I'm on my way out but I was checking the comp thread and saw this.  I missed the jazz discussion while I was away - if we want something slow how about some old fashioned jazz like Dinah Washington or Sarah Vaughan - SVs Black Coffee?

Someone had an excellent idea that he would skate different old programs every galla. It's a bit complicated, but not impossible.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic, but I do not believe in a new program for galla (please, prove me wrong). Even Jeffrey said that there won't be any experiments this season.

4 часа назад, Sombreuil сказал:

That would be me- I didn't say upbeat I said rock/pop or stage musical- I suppose more mainstream tastes was what I meant really!  I'm on my way out but I was checking the comp thread and saw this.  I missed the jazz discussion while I was away - if we want something slow how about some old fashioned jazz like Dinah Washington or Sarah Vaughan - SVs Black Coffee?

I read somewhere that Yuzu loves jazz. :Pineapple:

• 3 weeks later...

This might be a bit early, but maybe it can help us handle our nerves. 

Since Yuzu pretty much said he might continue after PC, and it seems the new 4 minute rule for men's LP is coming into effect next, does anyone feel up to doing music suggestions again? This time, we have to keep in mind that the music cut needs to be 4 mins. 

18 minutes ago, Xen said:

This might be a bit early, but maybe it can help us handle our nerves. 

Since Yuzu pretty much said he might continue after PC, and it seems the new 4 minute rule for men's LP is coming into effect next, does anyone feel up to doing music suggestions again? This time, we have to keep in mind that the music cut needs to be 4 mins. 

I'm not sure about suggesting anything right now, but one thing I'm certain - it's harder to shorten classical pieces to only 4 minutes, so I really hope Yuzuru and everyone else, after Oly season is finished and warhorses are no more, will opt for new, unheard music, blues or rock or some classical pop (no f*cking dubstep guys, thx). I am really feeling the absence of Prince this year... 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Xen said:

I feel like that thread needs rejuvenation. next season men's LP gets cut to 4 mins, but there are a lot of nice music cuts from ladies and even ice dance that he could use (some of the dramatic choices from Anassina and Peizerat for example). It'll be a challenge to use classical, but he could maybe stick to classical for SP. *sigh La Campanella*

let's bring it back to life then:pouty:

I honestly don't have a good understanding of how the length of the program would affect the music choices but omg La Campanella would be crazy

I would really love if Yuzu went back to dramatic pieces like Etude... or something violin heavy :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

Just now, robin said:

let's bring it back to life then:pouty:

I honestly don't have a good understanding of how the length of the program would affect the music choices but omg La Campanella would be crazy

I would really love if Yuzu went back to dramatic pieces like Etude... or something violin heavy :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

I was thinking an instrumental version of Gabriel's Oboe, similar to Mai's cut this season, would work really well for him. 

I think @Murieleirum or someone else maybe was saying how it is harder to cut a classical piece into 4 minutes, so possibly less classical and more movie OSTs, possibly more rock and modern music since many may fit the 4 min framework?