Music talk

Maybe at FaoI we'll see at least his new EX ...

has he started choreo for any new programs yet? [ I know he's in Toronto but.. ]

Who knows? Ninja mode and all ...We assume that he's working on something new. :s_scratchhead

as long as he's getting a new SP, i dont mind about ex and FP

Someone mentioned Hans Zimmer few pages back and I was like yes that was the one I wanted to mention last time (I can't believe I forgot his name) :ohno: it would be an interesting choice..

I see quite a lot of you like Dance Macabre too.. the orchestra I was collaborating with last time played it (and Carmen :smile: ) for their concert and they had this very cool concept with the tuxedo for the concert master and all of them wear this kind of creepy mask it was so good!

I think if you wanna go classic Liszt or Tchaikovsky could be an option too.. even Schubert? idk guys like I said, it's embarassing I play music but I'm not really knowledgeable on potential pieces you guys are much better than me. I'd love to branch my knowledge to more amazing pieces out there.

Oh and guys.. if he skates to any movie soundtrack, what would you like it to be?

If he skates to a movie soundtrack, I would like it to be a Japanese movie. But somehow I started to wonder could he go for Schindler´s list? It is a warhorse but still very beautiful and touching music. His interpretation of it would bring people in big tears for sure.

Agree there - he can make a new warhorse- just can't think what it might be

Something 'safe', classical yet popular...emotional... like Mahler's symphony 5; 4th movement? He'd do it justice :,)

Hey just_peachy, somebody sent me these links. Look what somebody made, Notte Stellata set to Mahler's 5th.

Part 1

[tweet]861565059167789056[/tweet]

Part 2

[tweet]861569176468574209[/tweet]

Ah thanks for posting these, Unicorn :)

It's such a beautiful piece... I think Yuzu's innate flow and sense of drama would work v well with it!

Lanvin said:
hmm oops knew i forgot something. I wish Schubert was used a bit more.

Schubert - 4 Impromptus (3rd movement)

Ravel - Gaspard de La Nuit: Ondine

Ravel - Miroirs III - Une Barque Sur L'Ocean

(Orchestral version)
(Piano version - I think this one is better tbh)

I completely thought the same as you for Une Barque Sur L'Ocean, and made a rough edit using his MOI performance of Requiem of Heaven and Earth last year, the water themes and the blue wash of the lighting totally inspired me.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bx8yXRZg-s4HY0llT0VrX2FoX00/view

This era of French music (including Debussy, even some Satie) I think totally fits with Yuzuru's flow, delicacy and intricacy. I love your pick of Ondine for him.

Someone mentioned Hans Zimmer few pages back and I was like yes that was the one I wanted to mention last time (I can't believe I forgot his name) :ohno: it would be an interesting choice..

I see quite a lot of you like Dance Macabre too.. the orchestra I was collaborating with last time played it (and Carmen :smile: ) for their concert and they had this very cool concept with the tuxedo for the concert master and all of them wear this kind of creepy mask it was so good!

I think if you wanna go classic Liszt or Tchaikovsky could be an option too.. even Schubert? idk guys like I said, it's embarassing I play music but I'm not really knowledgeable on potential pieces you guys are much better than me. I'd love to branch my knowledge to more amazing pieces out there.

Oh and guys.. if he skates to any movie soundtrack, what would you like it to be?

If he skates to a movie soundtrack, I would like it to be a Japanese movie. But somehow I started to wonder could he go for Schindler´s list? It is a warhorse but still very beautiful and touching music. His interpretation of it would bring people in big tears for sure.

Schindler's List sounds like a great idea, I'm sure he could bring the entire crowd to tears if he did a program to music like that!

unicorn said:

This era of French music (including Debussy, even some Satie) I think totally fits with Yuzuru's flow, delicacy and intricacy. I love your pick of Ondine for him.

That era (Impressionist?) is probably my favorite in terms of classical music. Lol that's probably why I'm biased for the French composers a bit. I also thought about Ravel's La Mer:

It's dramatic all right for an Olympic program. Heck he could even reuse his Requiem Ex costume if needed for it! :smile:

omg i'm an idiot i typed that up before i saw your link! Yep honestly with your edit this really convinces me that this could make an incredible program. Not all programs have to be warhorses for the olympics as Yuna's Gershwin program,Concerto in F and Mao's Bells of Moscow weren't really commonly heard pieces tbh. (thank god Yuna didn't go for Rhapsody in Blue :silent: )

I could actually imagine him skating to Liszt, either to a passionate/dramatic piece or one of the Chopin-influenced earlier ones (like one of the Consolations which I posted). But Liszt is not popular in figure skating so I guess it won't be an option. :(

As for soundtracks - I loved the Gladiator one which someone posted here many pages ago. The music suits his skating.

My knowledge of music doesn't extend much beyond soundtrack from movies so here's another suggestion:

[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDgTn2CS-o]Braveheart theme song[/link]

Hans Zimmer has amazing compositions but James Horner's Celtic influences are also quite nice ^^

My knowledge of music doesn't extend much beyond soundtrack from movies so here's another suggestion:

[link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foDgTn2CS-o]Braveheart theme song[/link]

Hans Zimmer has amazing compositions but James Horner's Celtic influences are also quite nice ^^

I :love: Braveheart OST! Have anyone ever skated to this music?

And I've already suggested it in the Daily Photos thread, but what about LOTR OST? It has lots of magnificent music to choose from.

And I've already suggested it in the Daily Photos thread, but what about LOTR OST? It has lots of magnificent music to choose from.

Braveheart, Titanic Suite, A Beautiful Mind, I love all these OSTs (if he really skates one of these I'll be crying every performance :rofl2: )

LOTR as in Lord of the Rings? That would be awesome!

Braveheart, Titanic Suite, A Beautiful Mind, I love all these OSTs (if he really skates one of these I'll be crying every performance :rofl2: )

LOTR as in Lord of the Rings? That would be awesome!

Yes, I meant Lord of the Rings. Not bad for Olympics?

One time I confused LOTR with something else... :rofl2: :rofl2:

I absolutely love the soundtrack :love: :love: :love:

I always call this [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAWZS1asqQE]The Shire[/link] but I'm pretty sure it has other names :P

One time I confused LOTR with something else... :rofl2: :rofl2:

I absolutely love the soundtrack :love: :love: :love:

I always call this [link=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jAWZS1asqQE]The Shire[/link] but I'm pretty sure it has other names :P

This one is more dramatic, especially from 12:00 :love: