Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I don't encourage sharing mindlessly hateful posts just to prompt people here to go on a witch-hunt or to retaliate against the poster in some way - it's super pointless and we are far better off generating positive and productive conversation. That being said...can we not erase posts please? Putting things under a spoiler tag is fair since the post could be upsetting but I think people should be encouraged to make decisions for themselves about what they want to see or read. And if we really must delete posts, it's worth an explanation as to why.  

 

I put a rough summary under the spoiler cut for anyone who wants to know. Like people have said, it was an attack against Yuzu as a person and very out-of-line. To discourage any angry mobs against the hater I haven't posted their Twitter account. Celebrities and athletes will always have haters, even extreme ones - the best thing to do is to avoid drawing attention to them and leave them to a sad existence of being so caught up in their angry/hateful feels they can't lead a productive life. Yuzu wouldn't give them the time of day, so neither should we. 

 

Spoiler

It was a tweet from a JP Yuzu hater on Twitter that posted a photograph of Yuzu in black and white (in the manner of a memorial photo at a funeral) and said something along the lines of 'I wish he will leave the earth soon'. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I don't encourage sharing mindlessly hateful posts just to prompt people here to go on a witch-hunt or to retaliate against the poster in some way - it's super pointless and we are far better off generating positive and productive conversation. That being said...can we not erase posts please? Putting things under a spoiler tag is fair since the post could be upsetting but I think people should be encouraged to make decisions for themselves about what they want to see or read. And if we really must delete posts, it's worth an explanation as to why.  

 

I put a rough summary under the spoiler cut for anyone who wants to know. Like people have said, it was an attack against Yuzu as a person and very out-of-line. To discourage any angry mobs against the hater I haven't posted their Twitter account. Celebrities and athletes will always have haters, even extreme ones - the best thing to do is to avoid drawing attention to them and leave them to a sad existence of being so caught up in their angry/hateful feels they can't lead a productive life. Yuzu wouldn't give them the time of day, so neither should we. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

It was a tweet from a JP Yuzu hater on Twitter that posted a photograph of Yuzu in black and white (in the manner of a memorial photo at a funeral) and said something along the lines of 'I wish he will leave the earth soon'. 

 

That level of hate is bad for the heart. Geezus... :facepalm:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the twitter post was mildly disturbing and I'm fine with disturbing posts being removed, considering some people could get triggered by something like that, and simply hiding it under a spoiler tag wouldn't help them much by way of knowing what to expect. But I agree there should have been an explanation given. That said, I also don't think it was essential to share it, although I understand the original poster wanting to share their outrage. So maybe just ignoring - and reporting on the social media they're posted on - would be better from now on. It's not really something that is worth discussing anyway, IMO. If it had been an actual blog post ranting about Yuzu being a bad skater or whatever, then I'd get it, but like that... *shrug*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, we shoulda posted an explanation. So we've never had a case like this before and we hid it because we didn't want it to spiral while still trying to decide what to do :/ On one hand, I don't think this is the place to call out antis, especially some (extremely) negative, non-constructive posts, but on the other hand, not seeing the post (but knowing it existed) is sure to be distressing too. But I'm not really sure putting things in spoiler tags will really solve the problem here either. So the post has just been hidden, not deleted, until we come up with better rules/course of action to take...

 

And it wasn't @Yukiko Sakae's fault at all, her post was perfectly respectful, just to clear that up, because I realize it was unclear.

 

ETA (because don't want to bump the thread with this topic again): I removed the picture of the tweet and the twitter user handle, and put Yukiko's post in a spoiler tag. Also edited it back in to all of the quotes.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I don't encourage sharing mindlessly hateful posts just to prompt people here to go on a witch-hunt or to retaliate against the poster in some way - it's super pointless and we are far better off generating positive and productive conversation. That being said...can we not erase posts please? Putting things under a spoiler tag is fair since the post could be upsetting but I think people should be encouraged to make decisions for themselves about what they want to see or read. And if we really must delete posts, it's worth an explanation as to why.  

 

I put a rough summary under the spoiler cut for anyone who wants to know. Like people have said, it was an attack against Yuzu as a person and very out-of-line. To discourage any angry mobs against the hater I haven't posted their Twitter account. Celebrities and athletes will always have haters, even extreme ones - the best thing to do is to avoid drawing attention to them and leave them to a sad existence of being so caught up in their angry/hateful feels they can't lead a productive life. Yuzu wouldn't give them the time of day, so neither should we. 

 

  Reveal hidden contents

It was a tweet from a JP Yuzu hater on Twitter that posted a photograph of Yuzu in black and white (in the manner of a memorial photo at a funeral) and said something along the lines of 'I wish he will leave the earth soon'. 

 

This are not even haters, this are crazy ppl with no brain in their heads! Don't deserve to look a second time! :confused:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I think the twitter post was mildly disturbing and I'm fine with disturbing posts being removed, considering some people could get triggered by something like that, and simply hiding it under a spoiler tag wouldn't help them much by way of knowing what to expect. But I agree there should have been an explanation given. That said, I also don't think it was essential to share it, although I understand the original poster wanting to share their outrage. So maybe just ignoring - and reporting on the social media they're posted on - would be better from now on. It's not really something that is worth discussing anyway, IMO. If it had been an actual blog post ranting about Yuzu being a bad skater or whatever, then I'd get it, but like that... *shrug*

You'll always find that kind of fan. :noshake:  I think it's best to just ignore them.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Possibly the bad experiences some of us have had elsewhere of the arbitrary removal of posts with no explanation causes us to react quite strongly when it seems to be happening here.  I think we all understand that it isn't easy to decide how best to deal with this sort of thing.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

Sorry, we shoulda posted an explanation. So we've never had a case like this before and we hid it because we didn't want it to spiral while still trying to decide what to do :/ On one hand, I don't think this is the place to call out antis, especially some (extremely) negative, non-constructive posts, but on the other hand, not seeing the post (but knowing it existed) is sure to be distressing too. But I'm not really sure putting things in spoiler tags will really solve the problem here either. So the post has just been hidden, not deleted, until we come up with better rules/course of action to take...

 

And it wasn't @Yukiko Sakae's fault at all, her post was perfectly respectful, just to clear that up, because I realize it was unclear.

 

I agree. And how apt for me, this discussion right now. Saw an :rolleyes:&:smiley-laughing015:-worthy commentary today, and just let it go...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh well, trolls love to attack the un-attackable. Yuzuru is so pure and (seems) perfect, of course there are some people who resent that! Luckily, the positive energy that thousands of his fans send him every day is way stronger than those little, pathetic strikes of hate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

:offtopic:I have been thinking about the interview with Brian, where he talked about a bagback filled with stones that the skaters carried.

So I thought about all the stones Yuzu most be dragging around with him. And maybe we as his fans can symbolic carry around a stone for Yuzu.

And maybe his birthstone which is turquoise, could be a way to show support in a positive way.

Turquoise is said to attract money, success and love, but also includes the power of healing, courage, friendship, and luck, and it relaxes the mind and eases the mental tension.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

In a happier note, more news abt our boy and the 24h TV show!

 

“I have no words" :dpooh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is a question for the Japanese members here or those who understand and follow Japanese Twitter. I saw many mentions on Japanese Twitter about Yuzu's asthma since the 24h TV promo. I know this was the first time he mentioned he had asthma on TV; are the Japanese fans surprised or admiring his courage to talk about it or what was the general feeling? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×