Jump to content

Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, Xen said:

*has first pancake flashbacks*

Hope everyone that goes gets 2 servings of nice, well-done pancakes, with good maple syrup on top. =)

And enjoy the open practices-Yuzu zipping around the rink is pretty therapeutic. 

 

Its odd because there is every reason to expect Yuzu to have a difficult season. Post-injury, still recovering, probably doesn't have his full arsenal back, new system, three completely new programmes with who knows what difficulty level (LGC.....). BUT for some reason I'm still feeling this odd mixture of certainty that he's going to pull off a crazy amazing season, and trepidation at whats to come. And I keep swinging back and forth between the two extremes. :13877886: I'm already dying just thinking about the season to come and its not even here yet!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

IT BEGINS

can’t wait for the programs  :dancingpooh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Hydroblade said:

IT BEGINS

 

*sings while wondering if we'll crash land the planet*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sammie said:

 

 

19 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

 

Its odd because there is every reason to expect Yuzu to have a difficult season. Post-injury, still recovering, probably doesn't have his full arsenal back, new system, three completely new programmes with who knows what difficulty level (LGC.....). BUT for some reason I'm still feeling this odd mixture of certainty that he's going to pull off a crazy amazing season, and trepidation at whats to come. And I keep swinging back and forth between the two extremes. :13877886: I'm already dying just thinking about the season to come and its not even here yet!!

 

After 2 OGM, I really think this is a bonus stage for Yuzu so whatever comes my way, I'll just grab it. Before PC, I expected him to announce his retirement right after it's finished. I think this season will have the usual ups and downs but I am just so happy that Yuzu has decided to continue his journey for a bit longer. Mind you, whatever the ups or downs would still affect me in every way but I'm saying that's a part of the deal. During the darkest months before PC, I could never imagined Yuzu would be giving us brand new programs let alone continue skating so by all means, just bring it on :hachimaki: 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since he got his obligatory Canadian Silver at ACI last year, and isn't going to SC this year as well, let's hope it's not a repeat. Or he doesn't fall below a silver for the first time ever.

 

I'm excited to see who else will be there as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sammie said:

 

some good news! :7938863:

I envy all the satellites who're going to enjoy Yuzu's skating live, first pancake or not:10742289:  we're lucky to have him :grouphug:

 

Also, adding to this

On 7/19/2018 at 10:25 AM, MrPudding said:

he’s first in something again

edit:

 

this tweet with further details:tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OonsieHui said:

 

Its odd because there is every reason to expect Yuzu to have a difficult season. Post-injury, still recovering, probably doesn't have his full arsenal back, new system, three completely new programmes with who knows what difficulty level (LGC.....). BUT for some reason I'm still feeling this odd mixture of certainty that he's going to pull off a crazy amazing season, and trepidation at whats to come. And I keep swinging back and forth between the two extremes. :13877886: I'm already dying just thinking about the season to come and its not even here yet!!

 

Statistically Yuzu seems to do best when the odds are stacked against him! That’s why I am oddly calm and optimistic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be perfectly honest, I don’t care what he chooses to do - I just want to see him skate again.  I would prefer it not to be a repeat and not to be a warhorse, but I’m sure whatever he picks I’ll enjoy it.  I just want to see him skating again - stroking exercises would be great tbh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, robin said:

 

Statistically Yuzu seems to do best when the odds are stacked against him! That’s why I am oddly calm and optimistic 

 

I always start off the season extremely optimistic (or should I say, foolish?). Fellow friends will know I always say "maybe this will finally be his undefeated season" at the start of every season. It's a high order but I always feel he can do it :). I'm just grateful to see more of Yuzu's skating, when I first became a fan in Sochi I thought he would retire immediately after Pyeongchang so anything and everything is a delightful bonus.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This "first pancake" thing got me thinking. I'd venture say he hasn't peaked in terms of artistic maturity, judging from his performances in Continues with Wings and Fantasy on Ice. He is someone who delivers a mesmerizing, sublime performance even when he falls. Heck, even his practice looks hypnotizing, even if you turn off the amazing music in the video below:

 

I'd choose a Yuzu program that's not fully baked or has imperfect jump(s) over others' programs any day. It's also nice to see him evolve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sombreuil said:

To be perfectly honest, I don’t care what he chooses to do - I just want to see him skate again.  I would prefer it not to be a repeat and not to be a warhorse, but I’m sure whatever he picks I’ll enjoy it.  I just want to see him skating again - stroking exercises would be great tbh.

This is exactly how I feel.. Since the day he announced that he wants to continue competing I have been in excited mood. I just want him to be healthy and have a good season, nothing else really matters to me  :smiley-happy085:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone (aka @kaeryth XP) remind me... Did we ever get a decent video of Yuzu x Javi stroking exercises at PC practice?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

Someone (aka @kaeryth XP) remind me... Did we ever get a decent video of Yuzu x Javi stroking exercises at PC practice?

I can answer because I was so looking forward to that footage but nope :Poohgaveup: the only bit of footage we have cuts Yuzu most of the time  :sadPooh:

cameraman HOW COULD YOU?:tumblr_inline_mzx90enaUF1r8msi5:

 

another thing we've never got is the post SP and FS press-con footage...all we had are tantalizing bits and reports :tumblr_inline_mzx8wwBqAg1r8msi5:

WHY? what can IOC possibly want to achieve by keeping that footage secret? We know it exists, Jpn TV gave us some snippets, why don't they release the whole darn thing???????????

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×