General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Floria said:

I know about the non-existent total score at WTT. 

It was fluff competiton, but it could have happened in a real one.   

I don't think we should take WTT as an example of what could happen since it was the end of the season and everyone was exhausted

4 minutes ago, Floria said:

*clears throat*

It is not just that the total score is non-existent. It is that knowing that it does not exist, the mind-set and the approach are simply different. You have two unconnected segments and you know they're not connected, unlike the regular comps where you know they add up and the first influences the second. It is bound to influence them.

So, yes, it could have hypothetically have happened but technically it did not.

:biggrin::biggrin:

14 minutes ago, Floria said:

It could have happened, but nerves, pressure, timing, peaking time, etc. all matter, so we don't know if it would have actually happened in a real competition. If WTT counted maybe Yuzu would have done fewer media trips after winning Worlds, delayed his peaking time, been a bit more risky with potential overtraining, etc. Maybe Shoma and Nathan (who was clearly nervous at Worlds) would have felt more pressure. Etc. Butterfly effect! :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

Little infodump in Max and Angelo's podcast tonight: Max spent 3 minutes teasing Angelo on the fact that there's "One athlete" among three athletes who rotated 4A, whom rotated It "senza la canna" (which I'm not sure if he means without falling or clean landing). He didn't say the name, but he was laughing while Angelo kept saying "we should see it though! We should see!"

(Also, they spoke about the fact that he hardly wins qualification competitions for the GPF, which is odd but it's his style: so which Hanyu are we gonna see this weekend?)

I just hope whatever gpf 2017 results would be, will not affect yuzu that the prize this season is the olympics. About dick button, it’s his personal taste. But 1 thing the new judging has brought is that skaters now are changing their program on the fly compared to when it's 6.0 system. But there exceptions when people who yolo’ed captured a gold medal somewhat from behind because they added a jump late in the program. So let's let db has his say and hope that isu hears his comments on the judging and don’t make that change next season. I kinda agree with max’s Suggestion on the scoring system more. Can’t wait for his latest podcast to be translated. 

1 hour ago, yuzuangel said:

It could have happened, but nerves, pressure, timing, peaking time, etc. all matter, so we don't know if it would have actually happened in a real competition. If WTT counted maybe Yuzu would have done fewer media trips after winning Worlds, delayed his peaking time, been a bit more risky with potential overtraining, etc. Maybe Shoma and Nathan (who was clearly nervous at Worlds) would have felt more pressure. Etc. Butterfly effect! :tumblr_inline_mp4i2vHXDy1qz4rgp:

Remember Yuzu went back home to eat...If I remember correctly...

omg I will never forget the cute/fat face Zuzu in Sendai event...

1 hour ago, Floria said:

Ok, I am just trying to be realistic about GPF result. WTT is not a good example, I agree. And 4CC? 

ETA Never mind. Probably I just need to wake up to a perfect 4Lz tomorrow morning :laughing: 

I always think 4cc gold was robbed...

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

Little infodump in Max and Angelo's podcast tonight: Max spent 3 minutes teasing Angelo on the fact that there's "One athlete" among three athletes who rotated 4A, whom rotated It "senza la canna" (which I'm not sure if he means without falling or clean landing). He didn't say the name, but he was laughing while Angelo kept saying "we should see it though! We should see!"

(Also, they spoke about the fact that he hardly wins qualification competitions for the GPF, which is odd but it's his style: so which Hanyu are we gonna see this weekend?)

Hardly....:embSwan:poor Zuzu

It is 2am in Moscow...I have a clock as desktop background...Need food..Give me some Lz, baby...