General Yuzuru Chat

Well - he was a bit lukewarm about him and very positive about Javi which some people find upsetting.  I posted - yesterday I think(?)-  that it's a question of age and taste rather than anything more sinister.  

6 hours ago, xeyra said:

Here's the complete video.

Seems like the saved attempt.

BAAAAABY LUTZ!!!! I saw the reports of twitter hours ago and my heart just jumped, but I couldn't get here before now. :devilYuzu:

4 hours ago, axelnojutsu said:

:devilYuzu: I'm thinking about making a #teamtrashbag one as well at some point

That marathon badge is my pride and joy :tumblr_inline_mzx8xsVPrg1r8msi5:

Yes, trashbag badge, please. :bow:

7 hours ago, Sapphiresushi said:

I'm kinda curious: are most yuzu fans here adults? I see y'all mentioning drinking so many times:peekapooh:

If I am honest I drank much more before becoming of age than after that, but it might be because of my sweet tooth xD I'm super sensitive to the taste of alcohol, so if it's not very sweet, I'm more likely to take a sip and then keep one glass for the rest of the evening (or pass it over to my brother and take juice).

6 hours ago, ymy said:

Dick button interview

arrival in moscow

brian orser biography excerpt on dick button

practising quad lutz

- frantically trying to manage time for work and Olympic season and also getting that live online stream... trying to cope emotionally and staying sane hahahaha

:10742290::13877886::tumblr_inline_mzx91uuLRI1r8msi5:

Good Luck with that! I know I can't! (Also, I just read your name as Umu, since I'm fresh off of my Russian study, and it's a sound Mikazuki Munechika makes all the time, and now I want to rewatch TouRabu xD)

6 hours ago, Xen said:

Also can't drink, allergic to it, my skin hates it if I drink.

But I have work so I go into workaholic mode to cope with the nerves!  I bet my bosses love him....

I wish I was, too...my university work is going to pile up like hell x'D

6 hours ago, Vivienne said:

Can I ask the name of the beer? I may seek for it at my place because I'm allergic to alcohol (like Yuzu). I normally stock up milk tea but my blood sugar level is so high now so ... :facepalm:

I was going to say amateur (My body is my treasure, because it remained at the child's level of sugar refusal, meaning I can eat A LOT and still not fall sick somehow xD), but high sugar levels are not something to treat lightly, so...:consoling2: Maybe knitting? I know from ACL that window cleaning did a trick for me (plus, my mom thought fairies visited when she woke up to four windows all clean xD)

6 hours ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

I have a feeling we have a season of being worry warts coming ...:sadPooh:

But alas, this is the path our Lord chose to take, the one less traveled by,

And we can only believe that in the end it will make all the difference!:snonegai:

4 hours ago, OhYuzu said:

I think this is like the 4S during 2014 Olympics. He knows he can do the jump and taking it off because he can't land it will be like not doing his best.  

I was going to bring up that quote from Brian about the '14 Salchow, but you beat me to it xD

Plus, it's pretty amazing how he gets from Salchow to Lutz in a matter of four years...

4 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Fangirling, to take the edge off ... all the talk abt 4Lz and stuff is driving me crazy ... 

"I'm going to slay and still look fabulous" is what his eyes are saying to me.

2 hours ago, SSS said:

Good thing is Yuzu is with Brian, DB now can do nothing to him lol

I have this one fic I read for the writing (which I thought I would never do), where I think Brian is compared to mama bear (in regards to Javi, but it's still relevant to me), and I just love that we basically pick up this way of thinking about him... I wonder how he would feel, knowing we treat him like a father of two (three, this season) highly talented and highly troublesome kids xD

Hanyu does seem to value the Grand Prix final. I think if he were to lose to Grand Prix final this year let's say to Nathan Chen or Shoma Uno they'd become the instant gold medal favorite for the Olympics. Still we'll have to wait and see how his Grand Prix goes first and if he remains healthy and uninjured.

6 minutes ago, Amura365 said:

Hanyu does seem to value the Grand Prix final. I think if he were to lose to Grand Prix final this year let's say to Nathan Chen or Shoma Uno they'd become the instant gold medal favorite for the Olympics. Still we'll have to wait and see how his Grand Prix goes first and if he remains healthy and uninjured.

Yup, that would be a huge blow. Needless to say, it's exactly what happened in 2013 and we all know how that turned out. No way he'll let that happen easily on his watch.

The Worlds after Olys is usually chill and many Olympic medalists don't even go. It's actually a good time to grab a medal/win for a lot of skaters who might not have a chance otherwise.

hace 7 minutos , Amura365 said:

Well, Nathan and Shoma are already gold medal contenders for the Olympics, so GPF result doesn't change things a lot. Technically both won over Yuzu at WTT. I will be sad if this happens again, but  I still believe he can win with two clean programs at the Olys.  

2 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

IKR? It's really a useless competition. No one talks about how Yuzu actually won over everyone at WTT in 2015 after he lost the world title. Because that's just silly :smiley-laughing021:

Seriously :laughing:

Honestly the only good thing about that is that the skaters get a really nice sum which is of course a lovely bonus but that's about it. 

hace 7 minutos , Yatagarasu said:

Technically, they did not. I will fight this point until my dying day :rofl:

I know about the non-existent total score at WTT. 

It was fluff competiton, but it could have happened in a real one.