General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, Floria said:

Practices are open afaik, at least they sold tickets with practices included. But ISU banned fancams, so... Still there are tons of ACI fancams, I hope we'll get something from CoR  

ISU banning fancams doesn't mean anything lmao the amount of times I've had my huge ass dslr in places where there was a 'no photography' rule and still got pictures.....

Chinese and Japanese fans (and Korean fans cuz I know at least one is going) will get fancams or photos if they really want them. Welcome to Asian fandom, ISU. :laughing:

I could rant about how totally dumb and pointless I think a blanket ban on photos/fancams is but lets not go there, but it aint the way to promote your sport, ISU. Just like having no official stream isn't helpful either.... if push comes to shove i might get some spy glasses and record just to spite them 

Ahora, CupidsBow said:

ISU banning fancams doesn't mean anything lmao the amount of times I've had my huge ass dslr in places where there was a 'no photography' rule and still got pictures.....

Chinese and Japanese fans (and Korean fans cuz I know at least one is going) will get fancams or photos if they really want them. Welcome to Asian fandom, ISU. :laughing:

I could rant about how totally dumb and pointless I think a blanket ban on photos/fancams is but lets not go there, but it aint the way to promote your sport, ISU. Just like having no official stream isn't helpful either.... if push comes to shove i might get some spy glasses and record just to spite them 

At ACI there were guards looking for people taking videos, but there were too many fans with cameras :laughing:. I was caught filming two or three times but they did nothing to stop me actually.

5 minutes ago, Floria said:

At ACI there were guards looking for people taking videos, but there were too many fans with cameras :laughing:. I was caught filming two or three times but they did nothing to stop me actually.

I have practice at the ol' sd card switcharoo (take out the card with pics on, put in a blank card thats maybe got some oldies on it so if security take the camera and wipe the card you still got your pics) but yeah tbh in my experience if a lot of people are doing it anyone supposed to be stopping it just sort of gives up. 

eta: oooh that time scedule for the practice is as i'm leaving work. sweet.

1 hour ago, CupidsBow said:

I have discovered the beer i bought is non alcoholic. which. i guess is good for my liver but beer is yucky who would drink for the taste?? :(

Oh no, that truly is a tragedy! You have time to remedy it? I don't get non-alcoholic beer either, because... Yes, I totally got commercial bottled beer for the taste of it? Yumm, Carlsberg?!

3 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Oh no, that truly is a tragedy! You have time to remedy it? I don't get non-alcoholic beer either, because... Yes, I totally got commercial bottled beer for the taste of it? Yumm, Carlsberg?!

I'm super low on money too for another week or so ;A; I'm a bad adult ;A; Luckily soju is realy cheap so I might be able to rangle enough change for some soju to alcoholise my non alcoholic beer -__- somaek light i guess. 

1 minute ago, CupidsBow said:

I'm super low on money too for another week or so ;A; I'm a bad adult ;A; Luckily soju is realy cheap so I might be able to rangle enough change for some soju to alcoholise my non alcoholic beer -__- somaek light i guess. 

Ugh to have wasted money you could hardly spare on non-alcoholic beer - now that's kuyashii stuff right there. I've never had soju, we don't really get it, but if we did and I did, I'd probably get so drunk that I'd have to squint and watch out of the corner of my eye to know whether he did a triple axel or a quint axel... And whether two yuzus did it in almost perfect synchrony.

2 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Ugh to have wasted money you could hardly spare on non-alcoholic beer - now that's kuyashii stuff right there. I've never had soju, we don't really get it, but if we did and I did, I'd probably get so drunk that I'd have to squint and watch out of the corner of my eye to know whether he did a triple axel or a quint axel... And whether two yuzus did it in almost perfect synchrony.

Soju isn't that strong (literally half the alcohol % of vodka) but seeing as how it's like $2 a bottle....

I only plan on drinking enough no feel no concern haha I made a mistake of drinking half a bottle of wine during worlds fs and it just meant i was Too Emo after Yuzu's skate to watch anyone else though my tears lol

Just now, CupidsBow said:

Soju isn't that strong (literally half the alcohol % of vodka) but seeing as how it's like $2 a bottle....

I only plan on drinking enough no feel no concern haha I made a mistake of drinking half a bottle of wine during worlds fs and it just meant i was Too Emo after Yuzu's skate to watch anyone else though my tears lol

I get plastered on anything other than beer or wine. I don't know why, more than one drink of anything else and I'm spilling my life's secrets (I no longer have any, as you might have guessed) to anybody around. Or nobody, at times. Now I am very curious about how I'd do with soju.

But not during a GP event. At the very least I need to be able to type!