General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

About ANA, it's a Japanese airline, so they won't have many flights that aren't Japan related, I think. So I think there will be times when they can't fly him to competitions. And I'm not sure they can offer him flights by other airlines they collaborate with. So at times like that he probably uses the same means as other skaters. (All I know is that Dusseldorf-Barcelona Iow cost flight, though. Or I think it was Barcelona...)

And I thought I remembered it was the competition organizers who covered the travel expenses and yep:

Source: ISU

So if he travels like all the others, it'll be economy... I guess it makes sense in a way, that's a ton of people to seat in first class = a ton of money. But it is surprising.

It's actually super insane how much more expensive first class tickets are versus economy. Like 30x? I remember laughing when I booked a ~$100 ticket and it was like "Would you like to upgrade to business class for $3,623 more?" Uhm, no? :facepalm:

I think first class/business class exists so that the airline can upgrade loyal flyers/companies can fly people they want to impress etc. And the prices are there to make it LOOK impressive. Like hey, being a gold member is worth $XXXXX a year! But nobody would pay that for themselves.

Or maybe I'm just a plebeian :laughing:

But yeah...if ANA doesn't fly him first class, that's be incredibly ironic. And stupid :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Lol I could never bring myself to buy any of the stuff he advertises but it must make these companies a fortune. Member the Hiroshima olive company that provided the WTT wreaths? And the local Hiroshima town magazine that was sold out? And that brand of wine called Yuzuru or Hanyu or something? 

I'm certain if we all started a company called Yuzuru selling whatever we'd make enough money to book a seat for every satellite at every competition.

But I’m desperate   :sadPooh:  , I just asked a friend who knows someone who temporary works in Japan ( but doesn’t speak Japanese well :dpooh:) to somehow possibly buy those gums for me:xD:, well , how hard is it ? ( searching my brain , calling in all favors to anyone who remotely has anything to do with Japan). :facepalm:

1 minute ago, ruruzest said:

But I’m desperate   :sadPooh:  , I just asked a friend who knows someone who temporary works in Japan ( but doesn’t speak Japanese well :dpooh:) to somehow possibly buy those gums for me:xD:, well , how hard is it ? ( searching my brain , calling in all favors to anyone who remotely has anything to do with Japan). :facepalm:

I'll keep an eye out for you but I bet the clear files are all gone by the time I get there.

5 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I almost feel like we should crowd-fund a mountain of Xanax to help you through Olympic season. :biggrin: Everything is going to be okay. Manga life, like you said - this will be the happy ending!

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Assuming I'm interpreting that emoticon correctly, have faith. The guy has done more than enough to deserve that from us. But being skeptical's good, too, I suppose. Cos then you'd get to watch the defiant part of him prove you wrong. >:o)

I'm in the faith camp myself but I sometimes can't help but feel doubt myself, too, though I tamp it down really hard when it starts to rear is ugly head and turn it into fervent hope instead. Either way, anxiety ensues so I guess what you're feeling is natural.

If I misinterpreted your meaning behind that emoji, I'm sorry.

:xD:it was a complicated expression lol:crazyshit2:not sure how to explain...:facepalm:

Every time I see that 2nd, it reminds me of my B***** experience. I know what to say to whoever asks why he was 2nd that time. I don't doubt he will do great in the future. I feel anxious before competition like everyone else here, like you two lol.

but I can't lie about my personal experience at B*****. B***** was sad. You were all sad. that is the truth. No matter how meaningful it is. like the earthquake, like the CoC...we have to admit it is sad...I won't forget the experience. like I said it was pretty crazy decision. I still remember how hopeless/helpless/clueless(I can't find a good word...) I sat there in the audience when everybody stood after Javi's skate. I still remember I was wearing flats with no socks in the snow...:xD:I learned a lot from this experience. In Nagoya, I will clearly plan everything, bring poohs, bring fan letters, bring warm clothes, make sure I know where to go, make sure I know what is going on there...:facepalm: And the gala was beautiful, :sadPooh:, and the kiss:13877886:

44 分ぐらい, kaerythさんが言いました:

Is this not enough? :smiley-laughing021:

tumblr_of47hijf9Q1rqryl2o1_500.gif

....o.O

:slinkaway:

(Do NOT, I repeat, do NOT click if you're a minor, or easily scandalized, or both.) 

Spoiler

I'll uh. I'll just leave the guy on his own to take care of business.

42 分ぐらい, yuzuangelさんが言いました:

It's actually super insane how much more expensive first class tickets are versus economy. Like 30x? I remember laughing when I booked a ~$100 ticket and it was like "Would you like to upgrade to business class for $3,623 more?" It was like...uhm, no? :facepalm:

I think first class/business class exists so that the airline can upgrade loyal flyers/companies can fly people they want to impress first class etc. but you woudn't ever buy it for yourself. Or maybe I'm just a plebeian :laughing:

I...probably wouldn't be spending that kind of money this way even if I had enough of it to burn, or even if the money isn't mine and I'm given free reign to use it however I like. Just not the way I am, I'm afraid. I love good deals too much to be willing to part with money, whether it's mine or not, for anything I don't consider as one or cannot justify going for it despite it not being one.

Cos nothing gives me more personal satisfaction than scoring a good deal. If it's not one, I won't feel satisfied, no matter how much money I have at my disposal. I mean it doesn't have to be cheap, it's just gotta be good. Like if they had good deals for biz class, I might go for that instead. Life is short so when something like that comes along packaged in a good deal, and I have money for it (which I sadly don't), I'll take it with minimal hesitancy (but I can't).

Good deals with biz class happen quite a lot, especially now that the airline industry, like men's FS, is hella competitive. They even give free upgrades to it sometimes, lol. My sister's gotten one before, though that happened a long time ago.

Sorry for the OT!

lmao that fanart is so correct but I feel like the 'expectation' panel would be so OOC for Yuzu my brain wouldn't know how to process it.

Though who knows maybe with his ever-growing muscle mass he'll feel the urge to show it off  lmao i can't picture him having any kind of ~sexy~ men's health kind of photoshoot without also picturing him dying of embarrassment 

35 分ぐらい, ralucutzagyさんが言いました:

ACI arrival vs Rostelecom arrival ... surely he looks better and happier in the last one ....

Gotta love how easy to decipher he is. There's the Yuzu-with-all-his-shiny-new-toys-locked-in-a-safe-only-Brian-knows-the-combination-to-and-he-has-to-be-on-his-best-behavior-if-he-ever-wants-to-see-them-again at ACI and the Yuzu-with-all-his-toys-stuffed-to-overflowing-in-his-backpack-together-with-his-1637q8462-earphones-because-he's-been-good here at the Rostelecom. xD