General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

That 4T3T is solid imo. If he messes something up, it'll be the 4Loop. But if he messes that, then... we can say hello to 4Lz in Chopin. :crazyshit:

Troll Zuzu said his success rate on that combo in Chopin is low...should I be worried?:P

I have a feeling of clean SEIMEI...Due to the history of Chopin in SC...

29 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I know some people really also love the NHK(?) version but Boston had the best camerawork and lighting for that particular choreographic sequence where ice just flies around him and it's such a powerful moment to watch on the video. 

25 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

His tears at the end...nothing will ever be so powerful and emotional to watch for me, sorry.

Swan is beautiful but not the same.

Stop making me cry..He was right in front of me...So close..That will never happen again...Considering the B level tickets I get...

34 minutes ago, OonsieHui said:

"ONLY silver" :tumblr_inline_mqt4grU8ua1qz4rgp:Lol the way i put it to my friends was: "This guy is top of the field. When he's injured or makes a mistake he gets freaking SILVER. He skated after a horrendous crash, and STILL ended up second". Its all about perspective. ><

I know most of us almost have Yuzu like tunnel vision where anything not gold is a horrible outcome, but honestly when you think about it in perspective, this is a guy who basically bounces between gold and silver, a feat most skaters can only dream of.  :devilYuzu:

Silver is not bad at all by a lot of standard. It's the "I want that gold medal" stare that he does that gets to me. Especially when that stare is photographed and passed around and mocked by haters. 😡

The TSL has it as their thumbnail... I hate them. 😤

7 hours ago, Nerdincool said:

"When questioned about Hanyu’s total package as a skater, Button looked at the broader picture and his belief that the technical elements have overtaken creativity and robbed the sport of its essence in the process." 

“The rules do not favor creative skating. One of the few skaters that achieves that is Javier Fernandez." 

“But again, it will come down to the number of bloody quadruple jumps.”

What did Button think of Hanyu’s epic free skate at the worlds in Helsinki last April?

“I think it was marvelous for the rules that exist now,” Button said. “I don’t like the rules that exist now. In my book, what is the matter with having something that is technically difficult and also creative?

"The odd one out is the Spaniard Javier Fernandez, who is one of the few to be both quad-oriented, original and artistic."

Sooo I'm guessing he's no longer a fan of Yuzu (only Javi)? He seemed to really like PW back at Sochi but the things he says here are ehhhh...

Creative should be used to describe yuzu..To me.. Javias programs look all the same...

Tbh, if Yuzu does some super creative thing now, he might be punished by ISU..That's how I feel about ISU...

33 minutes ago, xeyra said:

5 hours ago, freeyafanfan said:

COR, NHK, GPF, Japan Nats, Olys, Worlds :laughing: oh no we're 1 comps short!

Add medallist on ice special after winning Olys! it will work this out (and one more show, I wsnt Change back)

4 hours ago, lilsailor said:

gutted i wont be able to watch live :( 

3 hours ago, Xen said:

I can't watch it either, got work during the SP. Well, we can be happy-the planet will face a Mt Irene Eruption first, so we can fortify our hearts before we turn to Youtube. 

3 hours ago, Killaa said:

ahhh Russia is so close but so far. At least now I'm in the same time zone as him :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

sadly I can't watch the sp live :13877886:

You guys cannot watch the SP- I'm ditching one of the lessons to be able to watch it... but then end up in a literal CAVE during his FS, so I already warned my roommate that on this trip, I will sacrifice rest of my monthly data transfer, either for Planet or for the stream if my phone survives that -,-''

2 hours ago, micaelis said:

Since everybody's looking forward to the upcoming Olympics I thought I might throw in another item for speculation, one that isn't concerned with costumes or quads.  Do you think that the other Japanese athletes will pick Yuzu to carry the flag in the opening ceremonies?  In some ways he's the logical choice.  There is no other member of the entire team who has the international recognition he has nor is there any other from the team who will be having all the press interest that he will.   Also, he is the only Japanese , male or female and across all the various sports, to have won a gold medal at Sochi.  Those are the positives.  However, might the various athletes there feel overshadowed and so retaliate in a way by denying him the flag privilege?  Things to ponder.  I can assume there is nobody on this forum who feels he should not be the flag-bearer but as we've seen during discussions about fan rivalries and all that, politics might enter.  Yuzu also might defuse the whole issue by not participating in the opening ceremony.  Michael Phelps in his first four Olympics did not participate in the openings, finally doing so with his final appearance at the Rio games.  He carried the flag then.  Just something to ponder.

1 hour ago, Dori6886 said:

All  you said, plus in my country it's considered a jinx- if you are a flag bearer you won't get medal. If they will go with seniority rule, then Noriaki Kasai is a lock if he'll go  :biggrin:

For me, it's also considered a jinx- like, you won't WIN now, instead of getting any medals, since the Sochi bearer won medal but not gold, if I remember correctly... (Correction, it was Vancouver flag bearer), and as the other has said, it's exhausting. Noriyaki Kasai definitely deserves this honour, but then again he also is medal hopeful for Japan (like, HOW do you that, really...), so I suspect he's also kind of out of the question...

3 minutes ago, SSS said:

That's not a good pattern for mental issue..Yuzu will remember that if he bombs SP, he will win, If he does not, he will lose ...not good. Lol I prefer he makes small mistakes in both programs if not clean...Like 2015gpf mistake...Just kidding...

Tbh sp in Helsinki is not bad...I blame judges for the weird feeling...It should have been over 100...

according to some fans who has made analysis of top 6 (?) SPs, Yuzuru's was worth 2 points more, with a still counted deduction (lol) AND not counted combo, so yeah, it was a crazy SP (worthy of Prince xD)

He will murder someone if he gets another lvl3 StSeq! Don't wish for that!:13877886:

8 minutes ago, Sammie said:

Silver is not bad at all by a lot of standard. It's the "I want that gold medal" stare that he does that gets to me. Especially when that stare is photographed and passed around and mocked by haters. 😡

The TSL has it as their thumbnail... I hate them. 😤

We do it to Patrick. :P We kind of do it to Yuzu, too. 

@SSS

The important thing to remember is that Dick Button is 88.  He's been retired for ages and he almost certainly belongs to that august grouping of old timers who admire 'manly' skating.  So he won't like the young ones because they're new and tbh often boring when they do too much jumping.  He won't like Patrick Chan because lyrical skating isn't sufficiently masculine, and he won't appreciate Yuzuru because the sparkles will get between him and the quality of the skating, and he definitely won't appreciate a lot of his music choices.  Javier skates to music he can enjoy (Sinatra, Elvis, classic film stuff) and in a way that he understands- it's slightly old fashioned and charming and the old boy can relate to it- it's perfectly comprehensible that he should enjoy his skating best, it's probably closest to what he tried to do himself.  His opinions on the field are largely irrelevant. No one would have even thought of asking him what he thought if he weren't the last one to get consecutive golds.  Whatever else you allow to upset you, chill out over this one.

1 hour ago, Lunna said:

My office kinda happened to be just two metro stations away from Aerostar hotel so I suddenly decided to try my luck there after work, so here's my crappy video :13877886::13877886::13877886:

How  cool :)  Lol,  Brian :)  

His  mom is  tall. I think she is  the same height as him or even taller