General Yuzuru Chat

14 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

I prepare to wake up at the ungodly hour to watch him live !!!

already give warning to my coworkers so they’ll be ready for my whatever condition on Friday !

can I say that I’m so happy to see him smile and know that his knee is ok :sadPooh:

Poor you :consoling2: Well CoR is finally a competition that is at a reasonable hour for me. Can't say the same thing about the Olys tho :sadPooh:

13 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I rarely watch these competitions live even if I follow results. This will be no different. About the only way to get me to watch live is if I'm there.  :laughing::laughing:

Me too. I am too nervous to watch live on stream. I follow the results then watch YouTube. The only times I watch live are when I am there in the arena. But such live is much better than YouTube. I pray for his health, good conditions and skate well, two beautiful programs. And win every competition he enters.

EEEH HAPPY PHOTOS! And great physical condition! I'm so glad! I was so traumatized when he announced the knee pain before ACI... great physical condition means happiness! Even if he messes his programs up, at least I'll know it was all mental... :laughing: (Okay, that won't happen. At max, he'll bomb one of the two and revenge with the other. Yuzu is a very balanced person.)

Since everybody's looking forward to the upcoming Olympics I thought I might throw in another item for speculation, one that isn't concerned with costumes or quads.  Do you think that the other Japanese athletes will pick Yuzu to carry the flag in the opening ceremonies?  In some ways he's the logical choice.  There is no other member of the entire team who has the international recognition he has nor is there any other from the team who will be having all the press interest that he will.   Also, he is the only Japanese , male or female and across all the various sports, to have won a gold medal at Sochi.  Those are the positives.  However, might the various athletes there feel overshadowed and so retaliate in a way by denying him the flag privilege?  Things to ponder.  I can assume there is nobody on this forum who feels he should not be the flag-bearer but as we've seen during discussions about fan rivalries and all that, politics might enter.  Yuzu also might defuse the whole issue by not participating in the opening ceremony.  Michael Phelps in his first four Olympics did not participate in the openings, finally doing so with his final appearance at the Rio games.  He carried the flag then.  Just something to ponder.

12 minutes ago, micaelis said:

Since everybody's looking forward to the upcoming Olympics I thought I might throw in another item for speculation, one that isn't concerned with costumes or quads.  Do you think that the other Japanese athletes will pick Yuzu to carry the flag in the opening ceremonies?  In some ways he's the logical choice.  There is no other member of the entire team who has the international recognition he has nor is there any other from the team who will be having all the press interest that he will.   Also, he is the only Japanese , male or female and across all the various sports, to have won a gold medal at Sochi.  Those are the positives.  However, might the various athletes there feel overshadowed and so retaliate in a way by denying him the flag privilege?  Things to ponder.  I can assume there is nobody on this forum who feels he should not be the flag-bearer but as we've seen during discussions about fan rivalries and all that, politics might enter.  Yuzu also might defuse the whole issue by not participating in the opening ceremony.  Michael Phelps in his first four Olympics did not participate in the openings, finally doing so with his final appearance at the Rio games.  He carried the flag then.  Just something to ponder.

I'm not sure, but since for choosing the Team Leader at WTT they used a seniority rule - i.e. the oldest (or was it most experienced? as in, most 'senpai'?) member of the team is captain - the same might apply to flag bearing. But I'm curious myself if that is the case.

In a way I'd rather he doesn't get picked for it. Not to pile even more responsibility on him, as he's got plenty on his shoulders already.

In re to the flag bearing - goodness, I hope not. It's not just the responsibility, it is the hours and effort it takes. It is actually incredibly taxing and exhausting and unlike other athletes who can choose whether to attend the opening ceremony or not, keeping in mind their own needs, you're kind of stuck. So I hope not. Yes, it's an honor but it has so many cons to it.

11 minutes ago, Yatagarasu said:

In re to the flag bearing - goodness, I hope not. It's not just the responsibility, it is the hours and effort it takes. It is actually incredibly taxing and exhausting and unlike other athletes who can choose whether to attend the opening ceremony or not, keeping in mind their own needs, you're kind of stuck. So I hope not. Yes, it's an honor but it has so many cons to it.

maybe flag bearing in the closing ceremony when competitions over would be better? 

4 hours ago, Floria said:

As much as I like Requiem he already skated the most perfect and heartbreaking version of it in B***n.

The only thing I hate that version is the beginning..When then 2nd is displayed and heard...It is hard to recommend others to watch this without asking about this number...

1 hour ago, Vadrouille said:

Me too. I am too nervous to watch live on stream. I follow the results then watch YouTube. The only times I watch live are when I am there in the arena. But such live is much better than YouTube. I pray for his health, good conditions and skate well, two beautiful programs. And win every competition he enters.

I need alcohol or it's not happening. I honestly still think I am insane for going to the Olympics. Helsinki was agony. I mean, I would do it again for the euphoric end result but still sometimes I question my sanity knowing what it does to my nerves. I may smuggle in a wine purse...

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

The men's team SP is the next day so he might not do it because it could hinder his performance. I bet a number of the men and pairs will not be in the opening for this reason.