General Yuzuru Chat

17 minutes ago, Xen said:

Button's rant at the ISU pretty much was "The only time ISU got its act together was when a figure skater was in control, and since then no figure skater has been in control."

See I don't know much about ISU history, but if its true its a very sad thing for the sport since there's so much politics and controversy and many figure skaters and coaches end up powerless looking from afar or from below. Aside from the fact that many skaters have other goals in life or want to enter the system to train etc for skaters, I wonder what is stopping the rare few who wants to see and enact change.

My memory could be wrong, but didn't Arakawa become a part of something for the JSF? Climbing up your own fed may be a lot easier than getting to ISU and maybe its the powerless of so many feds save the few that is the problem.

7 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I was thinking the same.  Chan technically has the same content planned as Javi now and if both do the same content I think Chan should be ahead.  Shoma mention makes sense as he is a reigning world silver medalist and currently has the highest total score this season. We don't know who will bring what on those big two days. That much is for certain. I just hope it's Yuzu does.  

Button also seems to not care for the team event one bit. 

To be honest, neither do I. The only reason I'll watch is because it may be an insight as to how the top competitiors, especially Yuzu, will do later on (But even so the results may differ like with Plushy and Yulia (glad to hear she's doing better) back in Sochi). So yeah I don't really care who wins the team event. Just give it to Canada, Patrick deserves at least one more gold medal before he retires (I'm joking judges please be fair with the judging)

3 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

See I don't know much about ISU history, but if its true its a very sad thing for the sport since there's so much politics and controversy and many figure skaters and coaches end up powerless looking from afar or from below. Aside from the fact that many skaters have other goals in life or want to enter the system to train etc for skaters, I wonder what is stopping the rare few who wants to see change.

Oh, ISU has had it's slew of figure skaters as ISU presidents- the last one was in 1980 where ISU had a backbone to act correctly (according to Button), and Ulrich Salchow was a president of ISU too. Actually it seems that figure skaters have been less involved only recently (post 1980), and then speed skaters took dominence in ISU.

So maybe Button is right- it's time to get another figure skater on the managing board.

2 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

To be honest, neither do I. The only reason I'll watch is because it may be an insight as to how the top competitiors, especially Yuzu, will do later on (But even so the results may differ like with Plushy and Yulia (glad to hear she's doing better) back in Sochi). So yeah I don't really care who wins the team event. Just give it to Canada, Patrick deserves at least one more gold medal before he retires (I'm joking judges please be fair with the judging)

What I don't like about it is calling individuals from the winning team OGMs without a massive asterisk. :P

35 minutes ago, Nerdincool said:

I think Yulia would have probably done better without the overnight fame she had from the team event. It spooked her and put her head out of the game for the individuals. That's completely understandable for a 15 year old. I think they would have given her the gold with those team event skates if she did them in singles.  Also, Plushy's score in the team event could have given him an individual bronze.  I do consider the efforts of those who had to skate both events and consider their contribution greater than someone that only had to do one.  Like, some skaters only did 3 jumping passes and get to call themselves an Olympic medalist.  At least someone like Yulia skated both.  This time around the team event benefits me because I'll be there and it gives me more bang for my buck so I can see more disciplines (because I was not paying individually for all of them). Part of me thinks the team event should be after the skaters have done their individual competitions, but it could also give them a chance to get the jitters out and skate better. Yuzu's individual PW SP was better than the team event one for instance.  

But generally I just think it's a chance for Russia, Canada, and the USA to give themselves pats on the back for having strong federations.  No other feds can really challenge. 

32 minutes ago, Danibellerika said:

I think Yulia would have probably done better without the overnight fame she had from the team event. It spooked her and put her head out of the game for the individuals. That's completely understandable for a 15 year old. I think they would have given her the gold with those team event skates if she did them in singles.  Also, Plushy's score in the team event could have given him an individual bronze.  I do consider the efforts of those who had to skate both events and consider their contribution greater than someone that only had to do one.  Like, some skaters only did 3 jumping passes and get to call themselves an Olympic medalist.  At least someone like Yulia skated both.  This time around the team event benefits me because I'll be there and it gives me more bang for my buck so I can see more disciplines (because I was not paying individually for all of them).  Part of me thinks the team event should be after the skaters have done their individual competitions, but it could also give them a chance to get the jitters out and skate better. Yuzu's individual PW SP was better than the team event one for instance.  

But generally I just think it's a chance for Russia, Canada, and the USA to give themselves pats on the back for having strong federations.  No other feds can really challenge.  

You know I've always wondered, ever since I saw Yuzu's PW performance at the team event then in the singles, how he would've done without the team event. Sochi was what really gave him a boost in his career so without it, things could've turned out really different for him *shiver*. Just imagine...He could've caved under pressure without it. (Or done better but I can't imagine what would've been better than breaking the 100 point barrier and making a new world record). And I...I probably would've never became his fan. Wow, truly a nightmare!

I change my mind I care a lot more about the team event now, you never know what will happen there (still don't care who wins though since Japan has no chance).

5 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

kinda off topic but was thinking maybe if he's gonna recycle the EX, maybe it'll be Hana ni nare/believe (not very likely..). would love to see them again. XD

Il Divo version of Hana wa saku would also be amazing. =D

hace 3 minutos , yuzuuu said:

kinda off topic but was thinking maybe if he's gonna recycle the EX, maybe it'll be Hana ni nare/believe (not very likely..). would love to see them again. XD

If he stays true to his  recycling ideas about programs and costumes we are likely to get LGC for EX in white costume. I can't say no to this :laughing:.

Just now, lilsailor said:

can we do a full 2015/2015 recycle and recycle requeim? 

At this point I wouldn't put it past him. I mean, he should get a prize in responsible recycling by now and this would just be the cherry on top of the recycled cake! :drink2:

hace 1 minuto , lilsailor said:

can we do a full 2015/2015 recycle and recycle requeim? 

As much as I like Requiem he already skated the most perfect and heartbreaking version of it in B***n.

hace 1 minuto , Sammie said:

I'm teamLGC for his EX. Purple costume and all. :smiley-happy085:

I vote white! :laughing: