General Yuzuru Chat

15 hours ago, ralucutzagy said:

Haha, I was expecting  this earlier, tbh!

18 hours ago, Gaby said:

I can't help but think they look good togethet. Like a really well matched couple. 

Nooooooo

One day someone will stand right there...

Nooooooo

:sadPooh: just found out she is younger than Yuzu...

18 hours ago, Floria said:

:7938863:

17 hours ago, kaerb said:

I SAID THE SAME THING. They really have 夫妻相! 

Our boy is a bad interviewer - too used to talking about himself and can only talk to somebody he's supposed to be interviewing by relating to how he feels. Too used to being interviewed, I'd say. Unless the programme was edited to cut out when he was being a good listener and drawing the pianist out... 

I wonder if he wakes up to Seimei nightmares after too much practice. The listening to the same thing over and over and over again part sounds like a bit of a nightmare, especially with the ferocity he has to bring to that music. I guess he's really, really, really focused on the Olympics. Nothing will get in the way of his goal. Boy, the pressure!

And we wouldn't be annoyed about the costumes if Brian hadn't gone and talked about the new costumes. He could've said upgraded costumes to go with the upgraded programmes or something, but no, he said new. So we expected new.

This is not new.

^I'm not sure it was supposed to be an interview in the first place, though. It's supposed to be a talk of some sort, and these things usually have a host who does more than ask questions and a stronger focus on the guest (who's expected to speak more). I don't think this one has a host who's supposed to guide the conversation and while they're both guests, I think the central focus is still him, because I get the impression that the whole Chopin thingy is set up to accentuate his SP and give him as well as the audience more insight into it musically while at the same time also give Matsuda some exposure. 

Tho yes, it's pretty evident that he's filling most of the chatter space here, which I'm guessing is because he was nervous. They both were. And they were each showing it in their own unique ways. (:

30 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

Our boy is a bad interviewer - too used to talking about himself and can only talk to somebody he's supposed to be interviewing by relating to how he feels. Too used to being interviewed, I'd say. Unless the programme was edited to cut out when he was being a good listener and drawing the pianist out... 

I wonder if he wakes up to Seimei nightmares after too much practice. The listening to the same thing over and over and over again part sounds like a bit of a nightmare, especially with the ferocity he has to bring to that music. I guess he's really, really, really focused on the Olympics. Nothing will get in the way of his goal. Boy, the pressure!

And we wouldn't be annoyed about the costumes if Brian hadn't gone and talked about the new costumes. He could've said upgraded costumes to go with the upgraded programmes or something, but no, he said new. So we expected new.

This is not new.

I think it's sort of natural for an athlete not involved in team sports, not to mention he's a young male in his 20s (the world seems to revolve around a lot of them.) On top of that, all the resources dedicated to him, cameras turned his way. I went to school with an OGM who was similarly self-focused (though nowhere near as polite, kind, and gracious.) That sort of intense, driven personality can be a bit of a social repellent and along with the isolation of dedicating all your time to training, it must be difficult to interact socially with others. I don't know if you've noticed but a lot of these kids seem pretty dorky off ice. :) Also, that pianist seemed incredibly shy. As a former mute-level shy person, it was always a relief when other people talked about themselves, though in an interview that's not really a great outcome. They're just a couple of insanely talented kids having a bit of an awkward chat.  

Brian is in full-on PR mode this season and apart from the costume comments, I'm loving it. Best spinner in the world, pancakes pancakes, pancakes, etc etc etc

34 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

This is not new.

It's a new costume, definitely. Look, they have to make a new one, just not a new design :free-random-smileys-161: :animated-smileys-cheeky-041:. And maybe Brian trolled us, he knows we care about costume. I remember fans asked him about Yuzu's costume for POTO at 2014 CoC and he answered something like: "Just wait" :peekapooh:

24 minutes ago, Floria said:

From automatic translation I get that this photo doesn't confirm skaters participation. 

ETA but they made it quite clear who is the biggest star :laughing:

so this would be after nationals before olympic?

He stands out with the white while everyone else is wearing darker colours except for Mura:rofl:

hace 56 minutos , MrPudding said:

so this would be after nationals before olympic?

He stands out with the white while everyone else is wearing darker colours except for Mura:rofl:

So we are about to get a new show perfomance from Yuzu? For holidays!:665e343793b9:

ETA It seems like he is wearing flower crown of red roses from Satoko's dress  :laughing: