General Yuzuru Chat

I never said there was a right way to be a fan, but I'm sorry if it came across like that.

And I did try starting that topic, but there wasn't much follow up ^_^; But yes, timing and different personalities and so on probably explain that.

Anyway, no matter. Yuzu should be in Moscow soon and we won't even have time to breathe anymore. :13877886:

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Srsly, though, it’s a massive problem. I don’t even watch TV anymore!

It's a good thing that I'm retired and have time to devote to Yuzuru! (I'm also reading and almost finished "Fall of Giants" by Ken Follett, Book 1 of his Century Trilogy.)

10 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

And I did try starting that topic, but there wasn't much follow up ^_^; But yes, timing and different personalities and so on probably explain that.

Well sometimes people come back to it after they've finished being outraged/amused/ disappointed about the trivial stuff and when as @Yatagarasu says they've had a chance to read a full proper translation.  Personally I'm totally indebted to the likes of @gladi for the translations and I don't like to jump on the contents of partial or googled or Twitter translations because sometimes they turn out to be inaccurate or chosen for bias or wrongly nuanced.  Let the joke die down and try again later?

3 часа назад, KatjaThera сказал:

Still, from what I've seen in fan videos, he's actually A LOT more sparkly in reality than on TV.

Oh, it is. I was surprised how more sparkly Chopin 2.0 looked live compared to TV :smiley-love017:

I must admit that before ACI I actually thought that 3.0 will be just a little more blueish but then I got confused with all that "not fitting" talk :smile: I like it's floaty style just hope for the gold triangles to be gone. I'm still not passing judging on Seimei 2.0 - I like that's more clear and closer to the show version, I just need to see it live ))

I'd would gladly comment on new interviews but I have too much work and other things done before Friday, so I just can't keep up with the info :13877886:never was more grateful for the bookmark feature on the forum (:bow: to admins)

LOL @ the Matsuoka interview mostly because Matsuoka's face at various points is my true spirit animal. True speed translation, ie. quick dot point summary but I had to share bc trust yuzu

• Yuzu wants to win decisively and his ideal skate is a situation where everyone skates clean and, on top of them all, he skates cleanly to win
  • The closest he's come to that ideal was the 2015 GPF where everyone skated 'cleanly' (in the sense of giving their best performance overall) and Yuzu also gave his 'best' performance and won
  • On using the same SP and FS: Yuzu said he chose Seimei without hesitation since GPF 2015 so he had always thought he'd bring it out for the Olympics season
  • Matsuoka: 'I didn't think that! Because you did that so well! You got the best score, given how much you suffered and cried over it...I felt like wouldn't it be better to stop instead of going further?'
  • Yuzu: 'Yes that may be true but I think with the skills I have now, I can make a better program.'
  • He's improved his artistry and many different elements (gained from experience) and so in the Olympics, he wants to put out a more complete program
  • On Yuzu's thoughts towards the Olympics: Of course, he thinks of it as a special competition. He really wants the gold medal from the bottom of his heart. It is also a huge 'another chance will not come' pressure. At Sochi after the gold, he thought 'I want to perform that again so I can win with a perfect performance' but he couldn't do it over. But now he's aiming for the title once again. So if he doesn't do it properly now, there's no other time to do this properly. So therefore everything he's done this season has been for that. 
  • Matsuoka (to other interviewers): He was truly in 'Olympic mode'. You don't really say that you 'want to win decisively' so Matsuoka's sort of in awe about it and how bluntly and decisively he has an image of everything.
  • Yuzu thinks 'figure skating is definitely still fun, because there are all these new skaters, rivals and amazing people appearing'. Yuzu's suffered tens of times more than a normal person with injuries etc., but he's also been able to experience several times the happiness. He's chosen a path more difficult than anyone after Sochi and so Matsuoka wants to see him happy at Pyeongchang
  • Matsuoka: '[Yuzu] has the confidence - not merely the goal - to surpass his records.' Seeing Yuzu with the attitude of 'there's no option but to win' made Matsuoka see the beauty of sports

@kaerb

Oh! I see you've done your thing. I actually just did a full translation, thinking it might help, and was about  post it but I guess it could wait a few hours. =) Or longer, if someone else posts a full translation first. Great work, btw! ^_^

Anyone know how to save drafts? Cos I've got it all formatted and such and I really don't want to have to do it all over...

Just now, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

@kaerb

Oh! I see you've done your thing. I actually just did a full translation and was about to post it but I guess it could wait a few hours. =) Or longer, if someone else posts a full translation first. Great work! ^_^

Anyone know how to save drafts? Cos I've got it all formatted and such and I really don't want to have to do it all over...

No no, just post it! I just wrote up the main points lol, yours is probably more accurate

12 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

@kaerb

Oh! I see you've done your thing. I actually just did a full translation, thinking it might help, and was about  post it but I guess it could wait a few hours. =) Or longer, if someone else posts a full translation first. Great work, btw! ^_^

Just post it. We can never have enough translations. You've done the work. Don't let it go to waste!

I am sure that the new Chopin costume will look great, if not dissimilar to his previous ones. Regarding the new SEIMEI costume, I was at ACI and I initially thought that it was the old one since I was quite far from where he entered the rink. When he came closer, I realized that it was new, albeit similar. I think it looks great.

This is trite, but what I wish for Yuzuru is that all of his goals and dreams come true this season and that he decisively wins the Olympic gold medal leaving no doubt in anyone's mind as to who the absolute champion is. I also wish for Yuzuru that he wins his fifth GPF championship and third WC championship in a similarly convincing fashion. Wishing and praying for a completely healthy, injury-free season for Yuzuru with absolutely no regrets.

4 分ぐらい, Geo1さんが言いました:

This is trite, but what I wish for Yuzuru is that all of his goals and dreams come true this season and that he decisively wins the Olympic gold medal leaving no doubt in anyone's mind as to who the absolute champion is. I also wish for Yuzuru that he wins his fifth GPF championship and third WC championship in a similarly convincing fashion. Wishing and praying for a completely healthy, injury-free season for Yuzuru with absolutely no regrets.

Oh! I'm thinking of starting a thread where people here can post their wishes for him, like what the Japanese do at shrines. When I do, please post these wishes there as well!!! (Or you could start it, too, I don't mind! ^___^)