General Yuzuru Chat

58 minutes ago, the50person said:

What makes Yuzu such an engrossing skater is that he isn't just telling a story, he is allowing us to experience it with him & work together to complete the skate. Both sides invest feelings into the story. I love how Yuzu appreciates his audience, I don't know, but I've often guessed he understood that his skate gains extra meaning when an audience enters his skate and interacts with it.  I wonder if Yuzu will be interested in reading about indeterminacy in literature & literary theory like works of Wolfgang Iser & Stanley Fish?

But this interview has really touched on why he has reached heights of artistry beyond reach: the key is 'enter'. In a world where all skaters 'put', he 'enters' and /invites/ ppl to 'enter'. To enter, to submerse, to experience. Not be a recipient of 'put'. The audience is not passive, they are as active as Yuzu who is weaving the skate. 

This is the reason why a heart throbs, and blood pulses through the veins whenever Hanyu Yuzuru skates. This is the reason.

Oh... this is making me very emotional :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

8 hours ago, xeyra said:

GROWING by Toto・BIG - Yuzuru Interview in 5 parts w/ pianist Kanon Matsuda

Article

Videos

Hide contents

It's the terrible grey shirt interview! :laughing:

Hopefully someone might help with translating the gist of it.

Ahem, translated by me:

Yuzu: As I was listening to my beautiful SP music played by you, I was closing my eyes and nodding to myself several times, restraining myself from doing my image training but it was very hard. It took all my seflcontrol thus the sweating,  I’m so sorry:xD:

pianist: you didn’t!

me: thank you for reading , sorry to disappoi:embSwan:nt 

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Well from the glimpses in the broadcast the Chopin costume will be similar to previous ones with gradation higher up. Looks like a nice fabric.

Wait, they showed the outfit? I only tuned in a second or so before a commercial break. 

3 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Wait, they showed the outfit?

They showed it being fitted. He was holding up the old costume while they pinned the new one. Far from finished, thoigh,with no sparkles. Maybe it was old footage but I don't see why it would be.

ETA So fast, Twitter! Yeah, says right there it's this year.