General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Looking at Skate Canada's DM account these were the only ones they've published.

21 September

Hide contents

22 September

Hide contents

There are fancams though..

Hide contents

Hide contents

Thanks but I was looking for the other skaters' run-throughs haha

Edit: oh hey I'm a first pancake now

Well.... historically, Yuzu's never won gold at his first GP assignments (except for the 09-10 season where he basically won everything). Maybe he can break the pattern this time, but then I foresee people getting anxious about peaking to early when he does (damned if you do and damned if you don't :smiley-laughing021:)

1st GP Assignment Rank
[2009] JGP Merano, Italy 5th
[2010] JGP Torun Cup, Poland 1st
[2010] NHK Trophy 4th
[2011] Cup of China 4th
[2012] Skate America 2nd
[2013] Skate Canada 2nd
[2014] Cup of China 2nd
[2015] Skate Canada 2nd
[2016] Skate Canada 2nd

6 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Well.... historically, Yuzu's never won gold at his first GP assignments (except for the 09-10 season where he basically won everything). Maybe he can break the pattern this time, but then I foresee people getting anxious about peaking to early when he does (damned if you do and damned if you don't :smiley-laughing021:)

1st GP Assignment Rank
[2009] JGP Merano, Italy 5th
[2010] JGP Torun Cup, Poland 1st
[2010] NHK Trophy 4th
[2011] Cup of China 4th
[2012] Skate America 2nd
[2013] Skate Canada 2nd
[2014] Cup of China 2nd
[2015] Skate Canada 2nd
[2016] Skate Canada 2nd

But he usually wins after his kuyashii stare at gold medal moments....

1 minute ago, kaeryth said:

That's true as well! He usually wins his challengers... except for this year! dun dun dun...

yep, he needs his annual canadian silver to feel motivated. So after pchiddy retires, who will take up the mantle of delivering Yuzu his annual dose of canadian kuyashii? Or will the pattern change dradtically?

Wellll... He already got his silver start at ACI, so I wouldn't be too freaked out if he won Rostelecom. But seeing that he's probably gonna attempt the 4lz for the first time, I won't be surprised if he doesn't win either. My perfect scenario would be if he landed the lz but some other small mistakes would keep him from being too perfect - but he'd still win , even if it was due to others' mistakes.

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

I guess we'll have to stay tuned for the next episode of "Kuysahii in Canada" :rofl:

and we should send an encouraging thank you note to the brave soul that dares to take up the mantle to wake up the kuyashii demon.