General Yuzuru Chat

^I bet seeing these pictures that are going to give Hanyu some *really* complicated feelings.

And you're all kidding when you say the media is ignoring his undebuted jumps right? Cos I sometimes can't tell between when you are and when you're not. *laughs nervously* Because they are that. Undebuted. And it's clear that that program was only crediting skaters with jumps they've already debuted in competition. 

See, it's one thing to report on jumps that a skater has on the pipeline (which they did in abundance because we would all never have properly seen him attempt those 4lzes in that gala practice otherwise) and quite another reporting it as an officially incorporated jump before the skater has even officially debuted it. News Every, I believe, has to report based on facts and if they went ahead and put in jumps that Hanyu himself hasn't debuted in competition, I believe a) that would essentially be unethical reporting and b) Hanyu and his team likely won't appreciate it so...yeah.

18 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

^I bet seeing these pictures that are going to give Hanyu some *really* complicated feelings.

And you're all kidding when you say the media is ignoring his undebuted jumps right? Cos I sometimes can't tell between when you are and when you're not. *laughs nervously* Because they are that. Undebuted. And it's clear that that program was only crediting skaters with jumps they've already debuted in competition. 

See, it's one thing to report on jumps that a skater has on the pipeline (which they did in abundance because we would all never have properly seen him attempt those 4lzes in that gala practice otherwise) and quite another reporting it as an officially incorporated jump before the skater has even officially debuted it. News Every, I believe, has to report based on facts and if they went ahead and put in jumps that Hanyu himself hasn't debuted in competition, I believe a) that would essentially be unethical reporting and b) Hanyu and his team likely won't appreciate it so...yeah.

While I agree that the program was clearly only counting debuted jumps, it's also not like Yuzu doing 4Lz - and 4A - in practice is a top secret, because both he and Brian have mentioned it. It's a bit strange, I guess, that those mentions have only appeared in written interviews, but not on TV. But it probably doesn't really mean anything. I guess they could have said something like "it has been said that Hanyu has also been working on 4Lz and 4A, but since we haven't seen them, we won't take them into account" or so, but it's actually better if they don't IMO. Also, I don't think just hearing their names would do much for the casual viewers without footage to go along, and fans already know so no real point in it.

2 時間前, KatjaTheraさんが言いました:

Which brings me to the next thing, Yuzu asking Brian if he felt pressure after his first Olympics. I thought this quite telling as to Yuzu already searching for ways to deal with his own pressure and I think Brian felt the same, because most of his answer was about how Yuzu should enjoy his being an Olympic Champion and a star and not worry too much about the pressure. He also talks about Yuzu's great relationship with his family and how Brian was the same and how important having a family and a place to go back to is.

I'm guessing Brian has a better grasp now on how Hanyu's brain works. He's not going to accept his 2014 win as something to be enjoyed until he proves to himself that he is worthy of it. It's precisely because he didn't that these past few years have been so exhilarating, as he's been using it as fuel to make damn sure his next one will be something he can wholeheartedly give himself a pat on the back for. If Brian looks back on these few years now, he'll realize how ineffective that angle of thought is in hindsight for someone like Hanyu.

Cos I get the impression that in his head, these two performances, especially the FS, don't have just one, but two golds staked on them. And that's likely just the way his mind works.

That's some scary pressure. *shudder* Hope his deviant brain chemistry is able to do right by him and turn it into some form of enjoyment for him.

2 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

KooRead

I'm guessing Brian has a better grasp now on how Hanyu's brain works. He's not going to accept his 2014 win as something to be enjoyed until he proves to himself that he is worthy of it. It's precisely because he didn't that these past few years have been so exhilarating, as he's been using it as fuel to make damn sure his next one will be something he can wholeheartedly give himself a pat on the back for. If Brian looks back on these few years now, he'll realize how ineffective that angle of thought is in hindsight for someone like Hanyu.

Cos I get the impression that in his head, these two performances, especially the FS, don't have just one, but two golds staked on them. And that's likely just the way his mind works.

That's some scary pressure. *shudder* Hope his deviant brain chemistry is able to do right by him and turn it into some form of enjoyment for him.

I think Brian already understood Yuzu pretty well then and was trying to tell him to enjoy it precisely because of that. Though I think he understands him even better now.

As for enjoyment, I hope so, too, but in a way, that's the big downside to being a perfectionist: you can never be truly satisfied or truly happy with your results. Yuzu himself has admitted to that. But I like to think he has learned to enjoy it, at least to some extent, too.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Revenge for being made to fly to Canada so an angel-faced evil troll can lie about “recovery 3A” to their faces.

Or did he? :darklordyuzu:

He might still troll us again... Speak about 4Lz at ACI and then go to Moscow and do the layout he mentioned in the open day. And when people ask about 4Lz, he'd be "4Lz? Who said anything about 4Lz?:snonegai:"

12 minutes ago, sublimeskating said:

but seriously, is it actually confirmed that yuzu can land 4A in practice?

i'm just excited cuz not too long ago people were saying how 4A is almost impossible and here we have reports(?) of yuzu doing 4A...

i mean, in this era of quads, 4A is THE quad to rule them all...

One Quad to rule them all, one Quad to fight them. One Quad to bring them all and in the rankings bind them. On the Planet hanyu were the records lie.