General Yuzuru Chat

4 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

Where is my POTO defense squad :dry:

I like his POTO program! Worlds 2015 FS was the first time I saw him. And GPF 2014 FS was really dramatic and I like that performance. But I agree with everything what was said about Butler's singing in the past :laughing:

ETA: I was thinking today about his new EX and I'm dreaming about rock music and black costume  with messy hair and eyeliner :drool1: But I'm not very hopeful about it :smiley-sad021:

Hey everyone, cross posting to remind everyone that the GP prediction game has started!

Link for the whole GP warm up round:

https://www.flexiquiz.com/SC/N/785df35e-fb00-4546-a33c-6cbac31dda9d

And CoR Part 1

https://www.flexiquiz.com/SC/N/c8d85d44-c840-46ce-aa9d-e8e9f712747f

And Part 2:

https://www.flexiquiz.com/SC/N/f01f2978-4827-4f94-afa7-2884da0451db

Just register with a name that makes it clear who you are here in PH. Entering a mail is not required. Good luck everyone, and I hope you have fun :fourleafclover:

In order to assist our Hydroblade determine Prime Minister Pooh's birthday, I felt that it was my duty to do some serious research. This is what I found.

It is my conclusion that the birthday of the actual Pooh Bear character is August 21, 1921, based on the following:

AA Milne named the character Winnie the Pooh after a teddy bear given to his son, Christopher Robin Milne, who was the basis for the character Christopher Robin. The teddy bear was given to Christopher Robin Milne on his first birthday, August 21, 1921. (Christopher Robin Milne had been born on August 21, 1920.)

Christopher Milne named his toy bear after Winnie, a Canadian black bear he often saw at London Zoo, and "Pooh", a swan they had met while on holiday.

October 14, 1926 is often referred to as Winnie the Pooh's birthday because that is the date on which the book, "Winnie the Pooh" was first published.

However, according to lavasurfer.com (Winnie the Pooh FAQ), October 14 should not be considered Winnie the Pooh's birthday for the following reasons:

"You will often see Winnie the Pooh's birthdate listed as October 14, 1926 – the date of the first printing of the book 'Winnie the Pooh'. Using October 14, 1926 as Pooh's birthdate is entirely unjustified. It is a fact (as presented in the book 'House at Pooh Corner') that Winnie the Pooh is one year younger than Christopher Robin. It is a fact that Pooh was given to Christopher Robin Milne on August 21, 1921 on the occasion of Christopher Robin Milne's first birthday. It is a fact that Christopher Robin's birthday is August 21, 1920. Therefore it follows that Winnie the Pooh's real birthdate is August 21, 1921."

I found two other dates on the Internet associated with Winnie the Pooh. The first one is another suggested birthday and the second is a date known as "Winnie the Pooh Day". I think that the argument for February 13, 1924 being Winnie the Pooh's birthday is weak.

According to Rose Eveleth of the Smithsonian.com dated February 14, 2014, Winnie the Pooh was born into the world on February 13, 1924:

"On February 13, 1924, Winnie the Pooh was born into the world. His entrance wasn't loud or flashy, much like the bear himself it was simple and sweet: a short poem in Punch magazine by the author Alan Alexander Milne called "Teddy Bear." Both the author and the bear would later go by different names – A.A. Milne and Winnie the Pooh – but the poem is what brought the Winnie the Pooh story to the people.

"In that original poem, the bear was not named Winnie. The name Winnie the Pooh didn't appear until December 1925, in a story published by the Evening News, a paper in London. Some say that the Pooh was added because Winnie (short for Winnipeg) wasn't particularly nice-smelling, for a toy bear."

According to Sara Kettler of Biography.com (January 18, 2017), Pooh is honoured every January 18 and this date is known as Winnie the Pooh Day. That particular date was chosen because it's the birthday of Alan Alexander Milne (AA Milne), the author of Winnie the Pooh (1926) and The House at Pooh Corner (1928).

13 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Since @kaerb seems to be busy (haven't seen her and her lovely speed translations for a while now), I'll just step in for a bit here. 

Haha I have, ironically, been in Japan so thank you for picking up the mantle! 

As a little souvenir of my trip, here’s a video of Yuzu dominating the figure skating magazines section (applicable to this airport bookstore and also to the larger FS section at Kinokuniya. They looove him)

16 minutes ago, kaerb said:

Haha I have, ironically, been in Japan so thank you for picking up the mantle! 

As a little souvenir of my trip, here’s a video of Yuzu dominating the figure skating magazines section (applicable to this airport bookstore and also to the larger FS section at Kinokuniya. They looove him)

Holy airports, Bartman. O_O How much larger is the one in Kinokuniya? (And did you see any calendars around? >_>)

4 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Holy airports, Bartman. O_O How much larger is the one in Kinokuniya? (And did you see any calendars around? >_>)

There were around two shelves of magazines and a surprising number of novels (books) that were - from a quick scan - third person books about his skating/methods. I was expecting the magazines but not the books, tbh

(there was a calendar in one of the magazines but no separately sold one I think)

29 minutes ago, kaerb said:

There were around two shelves of magazines and a surprising number of novels (books) that were - from a quick scan - third person books about his skating/methods. I was expecting the magazines but not the books, tbh

(there was a calendar in one of the magazines but no separately sold one I think)

Heaven! These are study materials, right? So it’s okay to spend too much money, right? My education is worth it, right? >_>

I’m pretty sure I need to study the Gregorian calendar as well, both desktop and wall incarnations.

I've spent a good part of last evening and this morning reading through the Team Brian books. Although there's a lot about Yuna and Brian and Javi and points system and coaching in general, they're still quite Yuzu focused and I get really caught up in them when I start reading, so I would recommend them. (Although I did get confused about something yesterday, as it contradicts something David said, about R&J2). And the first Team Brian book has a long joint interview with Yuzu and Brian. 37 A5 pages long. I don't think it's anything earth shattering - I haven't managed to read it all, yet - but still. Noguchi's book I actually haven't really read at all. From looking through it doesn't seem to have much inside info, so not much new, though. The pictures are nice, but we know those already. And I don't really know others - aside from Yuzu's of course. Oh, I'll have to remember to look for the Yuzu quotes one, though... that should be nice...

Magazines... I'll probably end up broke >_<

17 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

You saw it but the landing was Javi-level super-save.

17 hours ago, KatjaThera said:

Although mentions of 4Lz - and 4A - by both Yuzu and Brian have appeared in written media, TV media seems completely oblivious. But I think they're only counting what has already been landed in competition.

is it better than shoma-level super-save? 4lz will debut in a week...omg...I was super panicked before ACI, now i have a weird feeling...next stage after panic...:13877886:

The media is ignoring Yuzu's lz and A...:knc_brian3:that's really sad

1 hour ago, SSS said:

is it better than shoma-level super-save? 4lz will debut in a week...omg...I was super panicked before ACI, now i have a weird feeling...next stage after panic...:13877886:

The media is ignoring Yuzu's lz and A...:knc_brian3:that's really sad

Let them ignore those. It'll only blow their minds more when he does them in competition :darklordyuzu:

And I was reading now through the end of that long Brian and Yuzu interview and aww-ing all over the place. Translating is too difficult and many kanji still to identify (also, I know there's a translation available for sharing with those who have bought the book, but I wanted to read for myself ^^ ETA: Nevermind, the translation is for Aoi Honoo >_< That's what happens when I post before I'm fully awake), so will just say this:

Yuzu asking Brian if he thinks Yuzu will still be skating in 8 years (the interview took place in August 2014) and Brian saying that since Yuzu will be just 27, it's far from impossible, but then Yuzu saying he doesn't want to (yes, he actually says something like "Yeah, but I don't want to.") and that he'll stop after Pyeongchang. But Brian, wise man he is, says: ok, we'll just take it one year at a time and see how you feel after Pyeongchang. (Actually, this makes me feel a lot more confident about him continuing after Pyeongchang, because it seems to be another case of a young man unable to see himself years ahead. At 19, 27 probably seemed somewhat middle-aged (just like 30 seemed old when he was 20 :P) to him, so he couldn't imagine himself still skating then. Now it might be different, though he might still take it one year at a time and see how it goes and if he still enjoys it.)

Which brings me to the next thing, Yuzu asking Brian if he felt pressure after his first Olympics. I thought this quite telling as to Yuzu already searching for ways to deal with his own pressure and I think Brian felt the same, because most of his answer was about how Yuzu should enjoy his being an Olympic Champion and a star and not worry too much about the pressure. He also talks about Yuzu's great relationship with his family and how Brian was the same and how important having a family and a place to go back to is.

And also, Brian actually says he would love Yuzu and Javi to one day take over Cricket Club as coaches... :sadPooh: That's our dream, too, Brian... (Yuzu actually says he'd probably do like a summer camp training in Toronto, since he'd also be doing ice shows, so he wouldn't be able to coach skaters full time. Another case of not being able to see too far into the future, I think. BUT... he didn't say no to coaching in Toronto... Then again, he couldn't really tell Brian "Thanks, but no, sorry" to his face ^_^; )

I really hope I didn't misread any of this stuff, but if I did, please feel free to correct me!

Since POTO was mentioned, I was rewatching GPF2014 and staring at handsome Brian's head with more hair and his expression after Yuzu's fall on 3lz...lol Trying to fall in love (I mean be crazy) with POTO, it is hard...lol...Sad face to see the 91 pcs compared to current PCSs.

Conclusion, I am spoiled by SEIMEI, H&L and R&J1...and the swan...and more...lol

I have a personal attachment to POTO, so I can't hate it. But I guess since it was never completely clean, it's harder to stick in people's minds. On top of being a warhorse and being the program of that year. Personally, I re-watch GPF POTO, but also Japan Nationals POTO quite often. I guess Japan Nationals POTO is another people don't like because Yuzu was in pain - and in all fairness was quite crazy to skate then - but I can't help admiring his strength and drive in delivering another near perfect performance in the condition he was in then.

I'd like to see it back some day - and hopefully impress people more - but if Yuzu's as superstitious as it seems, I doubt he'll want to touch it this season.