General Yuzuru Chat

1 hour ago, micaelis said:

Right now the only move I've seen that is truly unique to Yuzu is what has been called by others the 'Hanyu Lunge'.  I haven't seen any other skaters trying that.  A few have tried to do Bielmanns, none with any real success (I've seen a few where what they came up with was something that went up about 45 degrees, so that you weren't sure whether you were seeing an unsuccessful donut or an unsuccessful Bielmann).  If any skaters try a Hanyu Lunge it will almost certainly be recognized as his move which is why,  perhaps, none have tried it (not wishing to be seen as copycats).  I have noticed a number of males trying to do Bielmanns although I've only seen one do it successfully.   If enough male skaters start doing Bielmanns, perhaps they might start calling them Hanyus when a male skater does it, since he's almost certainly responsible for the men staring to do what is normally seen as a ladies' move.  I don't think they'll do any better than Yuzu, however, since he's been doing it since virtually day one.  There is that video of the nine-year old Yuzu doing an extremely good Bielmann near the end of his skate.  And I can't remember any of his programs since that don't include one (at least as far as his long programs are concerned).  Actually I think one might instead label a skater as doing a Hanyu whenever that skater sets a new record, since Yuzu's the only one who seems to be making them lately.

I thought the lunge was first done and created by some either skater though, maybe even Jeff and incorporated into his old programs? Though Hanyu's use of it definitely made it popular to his fans.

The bielmann is already named after its creator (or the skater who made it big). I'd like to leave it at that. Imagine in the future after Hanyu retires some other popular skater's fan tries to revise something he created? Bielmann, Ina bauer, zayak (or oda), rippon should stay named as they are among fans and fs watchers imo. It's already sad enough that some people don't know that Dick Button is the only 2x Olympic Champion for fs men singles so far currently when they bring up Hanyu for PC. Our boy is a legend, but we must respect skaters of the other skating eras too because I want Hanyu to also not be forgotten after he retires and fs changes into a new era with the changed scoring system.

Hanyublade makes a bit more sense since its a style of hydroblade (and his little fanboys are doing it! It'll only be a matter of time before we might these upcoming skaters pay homage to their favorites).

Sorry not targeting anyone. Just my thoughts.

If I were to think of a unique move that would get named after Yuzu it’d be:

- The spin position with the foot over his head (anyone else doing this?). 

- One of his signature entries/exits for his jumps, of which there are many but they sort of already have their own names. 

I feel like the triple axel of his flavor should get dubbed a “Hanyu axel” but he has so many stunning variations on the entry and exit. 

5 hours ago, MrPudding said:

All of you satellites.. haven't you learned it by now.

The troll would probably use R&J 2.0 for his ex because he's superstitious and he didn't go clean with it during 2014 olympics.. :knc_brian2:

I'm being sarcastic here... the boobskirt might come back... did I just jinx it.. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Oh, the RJ2 terrorists are out, too, so it won't be just you I'll go after if he does it. 

But you will pay...

3 hours ago, micaelis said:

Right now the only move I've seen that is truly unique to Yuzu is what has been called by others the 'Hanyu Lunge'.  I haven't seen any other skaters trying that.  A few have tried to do Bielmanns, none with any real success (I've seen a few where what they came up with was something that went up about 45 degrees, so that you weren't sure whether you were seeing an unsuccessful donut or an unsuccessful Bielmann). 

The Lunge is an old Jeff Butler move.

The Bielmann for the guys was first done by Plushenko, so he'd take priority and even now, MCM has a better Bielmann than Yuzuru. 

If anything turns out to be a "Hanyu", I don't think we've seen it yet. When Nessie shows up, it'll probably be something so I'll take that :happy:

11 hours ago, Xen said:

Is there something Yuzu related that you can't find?! :laughing:

Well... a lot of old vids are now not available. I am filled with... kuyashi.. for not downloading them.  :rofl:

I should probably archive everything I think is important but I'm just too lazy and there's too many of them! There was this one footage where they showed the tv station had about 150 tapes in storage all Yuzu-related.. :slinkaway:

6 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Well... a lot of old vids are now not available. I am filled with... kuyashi.. for not downloading them.  :rofl:

I should probably archive everything I think is important but I'm just too lazy and there's too many of them! There was this one footage where they showed the tv station had about 150 tapes in storage all Yuzu-related.. :slinkaway:

Iirc they said they had all of his appearances on TV... I would love to watch them all hahaha

9 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Tell you what. I'll make a huge distraction, you break in and steal them all!! :2thumbsup:

I don't think there's any one move that's exclusively done by him. A skater at some point has done it or is doing it. I get the impression that the blade is more synonymous with Shae Lynn than it does him, and even she didn't originate it, just popularized it. He just happens to be the only one (that I'm aware of) who incorporates it as a regular move in his repertoire (since his collaboration with SL? And I think it only started with SEIMEI. He only did it in an EX previously, IIRC) but he does so with a lot of other things as well.

The leg over head spin...I dunno...it doesn't seem to shout Hanyu to me, even if it's the one move that's unique to him.

But his impressive blending of tech and art...I think he's the only one doing it at such a near-complete level. I'd give Chan and Fernandez credit for being in the complete category as well but they're  not quite on the same level as Hanyu. So my vote goes to calling the successful blending of tech and art (with high tech difficulty that includes his signature airy jumps and intricate performance elements), or rather whoever who chooses to go down the same route (re: obsessing over everything to become a jack of all trades, master of each and every one) Yuzuru's Path. Or something along those lines.(: