General Yuzuru Chat

2 hours ago, katonice said:

Elizabet reposted this gem of a moment from Worlds on her Insta... Yuzu imitating Brian :laughing:

I really loved that little interaction because it really showed how close their relationship has gotten, if Yuzu can tease and make a joke with Brian. :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

:offtopic:

Heard this might be Oda's last year competing in the Japan Open. Some people want Machida and Mao or Kanako to fill in the team.

If and whenever Yuzu retires, if he wants it'd be nice if he gets invited to fill that spot for "retired amateur/guest" skaters some years down the road. Once a year at a not-so-serious competition and in front of a Japanese audience might be worth it for a pro-skater who thrives on competition.

1 hour ago, Floria said:

After dance VC I gathered all my courage, approached Kaitlyn and said how much I liked their new FD. She is so sweet in person! But I wasn't brave enough to speak to Andrew, he so intimidating! 

I wasn't sure about why Yuzu did image training in k&c but I guess your hypothesis is correct. On the first day there were many fans waiting for him around the rink entrance, but he entered through the back door and appeared suddenly in the k&c area. Probably he didn't want to disappoint us.

Kaitlyn and Andrew were right behind us during the ice resurfacing during the men's free with Kaetlyn and one of my friend and my sister went to take some pictures with them. I wanted to take one too but they looked like they didn't want to be disturbed so I went back to my seat :peekapooh:

1 hour ago, Forcefield said:

Heard this might be Oda's last year competing in the Japan Open. Some people want Machida and Mao or Kanako to fill in the team.

If and whenever Yuzu retires, if he wants it'd be nice if he gets invited to fill that spot for "retired amateur/guest" skaters some years down the road. Once a year at a not-so-serious competition and in front of a Japanese audience might be worth it for a pro-skater who thrives on competition.

Well I would not wish for Yuzuru to get invited some day or some years down the road to fill the spot for retired skater/or guest in Japan Open. He skated in senior since 2011, he has won many gold medals including Olympic and World gold medals, more than any Japanese skater or any skater in the world. Well the organizers of this fake event never invited him to skate in Japan Open.  They don't want him for whatever reasons only them know about, or they don't want to say why. It is not about the money, not about the popularity of the skaters. Maybe it is pure jealousy or whatever. They don't need him, they don't want him there at their own event. Yuzuru does not need them either. He can go to any B competition in Canada, in China, in Finland, in US anywhere and make us his fans happy to see him skate. It is the dream of hundreds or thousands of his fans.

The JO organisators invited only those skaters they like for years after years. We could assume that JO next year will have the same skaters again like this year or the years before. I don't understand, I don't care anymore. Just out of curiosity.

1 hour ago, OonsieHui said:

I really loved that little interaction because it really showed how close their relationship has gotten, if Yuzu can tease and make a joke with Brian. :tumblr_inline_mfy936EPNF1qid2nw:

And I love that Elizabeth wears the same model of skates revolution 99 like the ones of Yuzuru. I think that he has a big influence amongst other skaters, male or female. A lot of skaters now wear those skates, especially the men skaters in US, in Canada. Michal Ge wears them, Nathan Chen, Adam Rippon etc..I dare to say that he has more admirers and fans around the world than the number of his fans in Japan. Even in Japan, his fans will travel around the world to see him skate. Many of his fans in Japan has bought the tickets for Skate Canada this year 2017 before the announcement of GP, so they are now stuck with the tickets that nobody want to buy. They travel 10 000 kms, spent thousands of dollars only to see him, not for any other skater.

10 hours ago, Floria said:

Speaking about Chopin, is there any video with different angles/close ups/better quality then ACI stream?

Besides the original one and asahi? one, I could not find other videos...They are both bad. .

57 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

Well I would not wish for Yuzuru to get invited some day or some years down the road to fill the spot for retired skater/or guest in Japan Open. He skated in senior since 2011, he has won many gold medals including Olympic and World gold medals, more than any Japanese skater or any skater in the world. Well the organizers of this fake event never invited him to skate in Japan Open.  They don't want him for whatever reasons only them know about, or they don't want to say why. It is not about the money, not about the popularity of the skaters. Maybe it is pure jealousy or whatever. They don't need him, they don't want him there at their own event. Yuzuru does need them either. He can go to any B competition in Canada, in China, in Finland, in US anywhere and make us his fans happy to see him skate. It is the dream of hundreds or thousands of his fans.

The JO organisators invited only those skaters they like for years after years. We could assume that JO next year will have the same skaters again like this year or the years before. I don't understand, I don't care anymore. Just out of curiosity.

This is how I feel about it on a regular day, if I'll be honest. But somewhere down the the road I suspect some people's and JSF's feelings about it might change especially if we miss Yuzu in competition too much (although maybe unlikely, since as a pro he'll have time to do other things and promotions and programs that go above and beyond competitive required elements limitations).

Edit: Seems like the other retired Japanese skaters who don't join in the competition are invited to the galas at least. Maybe that's another option. Though if Yuzu snubs his nose at them forever I'll take it.

23 minutes ago, Vadrouille said:

Well I would not wish for Yuzuru to get invited some day or some years down the road to fill the spot for retired skater/or guest in Japan Open. He skated in senior since 2011, he has won many gold medals including Olympic and World gold medals, more than any Japanese skater or any skater in the world. Well the organizers of this fake event never invited him to skate in Japan Open.  They don't want him for whatever reasons only them know about, or they don't want to say why. It is not about the money, not about the popularity of the skaters. Maybe it is pure jealousy or whatever. They don't need him, they don't want him there at their own event. Yuzuru does not need them either. He can go to any B competition in Canada, in China, in Finland, in US anywhere and make us his fans happy to see him skate. It is the dream of hundreds or thousands of his fans.

Do we really know if he wasn't invited? I just assume they did and he turned it down. They talked about him every chance they got. 

I don't know the rights and wrongs of any of it but personnel change over the years, the powers that be eventually retire and sometimes get replaced by broader minded individuals.  He's a gracious person in victory and defeat - and it might amuse him to do something like that in retirement - unless they've really upset him and he's holding a grudge!  I imagine if an invitation ever came he'd do it if he felt like it, which is as it should be.

3 hours ago, Forcefield said:

Japan Open is in collaboration with IMG (talent agency) and Yuzu is not affiliated with any talent agency (as far as I know) which is pretty rare for an athlete his caliber. I think it's his own personal preference not to be managed by a talent agency (he's done well for himself so far - thanks mama Hanyu). He was invited as a special guest in 2011 after the Tohoku earthquake though. Truthfully, I think the timing of the event is the biggest barrier for him attending.