General Yuzuru Chat

2 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Quadruples, gotta land 'em all!!

Do we have a music thread already?

We've created so many songs based on Yuzuru, it deserves its own thread. "Once Upon a Dream", "One Day More" and now the pokemon theme.

What do you think he'd say if he lurks on this forum and just stumbles across the snarky songs we made up?

6 minutes ago, Xen said:

Do we have a music thread already?

We've created so many songs based on Yuzuru, it deserves its own thread. "Once Upon a Dream", "One Day More" and now the pokemon theme.

What do you think he'd say if he lurks on this forum and just stumbles across the snarky songs we made up?

It's filled with cobwebs

一生懸命 is usually translated like doing one's very best. Yuzu's then "putting my life and existence at stake" is developing the meaning of 一生懸命=一生と命を懸ける (same kanji) (not sure it was exactly that, but along those lines)

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

I have a lot of eating hats left over from the FS announcement and I do declare that he will go to Beijing! (Unless injury plz no tho)

4 minutes ago, kaeryth said:

Brian did say Yuzu "breathes Figure Skating". :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

The way it sounds in Chinese is more like he's putting his entire life's worth and pride on the line into skating this season.

Well whatever makes the boy happy, though I hope he does consider his health too (because the way it sounds like in Chinese is a bit more "worth it even if I die trying").  We haven't seen a repeat since Dick Button, so I'm rooting for him.

1 minute ago, KatjaThera said:

一生懸命 is usually translated like doing one's very best. Yuzu's then "putting my life and existence at stake" is developing the meaning of 一生懸命=一生と命を懸ける (same kanji) (not sure it was exactly that, but along those lines)

oh yeah i just looked at the actual thing he wrote. it's an idiom, not really meant to be taken literally. literal translations of idioms are usually a little OTT lol.

49 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

Lol, look at the kids ... they are ogling Yuzu like those little girls at 4CC did! :biggrin: Understandable tho ... 

DLrfCOcUMAAU4UD.jpg

DLrfCurVAAADa1e.jpg

I'd like to believe that I wouldn't do the same if I was in their places, but I'm not sure ... :laughing:

They are way more composed in the presence of greatness. I would either freeze to the point of fainting. Or ugly sobbing. Is it possible to do both? It is.

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

oh yeah i just looked at the actual thing he wrote. it's an idiom, not really meant to be taken literally. 

Yep. I think @Xen's interpretation is spot on. It's more that he's putting his entire life experience into this season. (Which he's actually said before? The culmination of 18 years of skating thing, IIRC)