General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Well IIRC, someone did gift him a tuna once :biggrin: (I don't remember who. Not a fan but some sponsor or something). And we're not talking canned but entire blue tuna. (there was a whole discussion about how many hundred kg that thing can have and how many thousands of $$ it can cost :rofl:)

Wait what?! O_o How did he manage to accept that tuna? Do you just dump it in a freezer or donate it out to some food shelter? :59227c768286a__s:

Well, maybe fans can name discovered asteroids after him and his programs. 

9 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

Well IIRC, someone did gift him a tuna once :biggrin: (I don't remember who. Not a fan but some sponsor or something). And we're not talking canned but entire blue tuna. (there was a whole discussion about how many hundred kg that thing can have and how many thousands of $$ it can cost :rofl:)

and that would be so bad because we all know how much he despises kids and doesn't pay any extra attention at all to them :biggrin:

Imagine his reaction if he received the tuna   :xD: 

1 minute ago, Xen said:

Wait what?! O_o How did he manage to accept that tuna? Do you just dump it in a freezer or donate it out to some food shelter? :59227c768286a__s:

I'd be surprised if someone hasn't already worked to get at least one star names after him...

My 2 main favourite kpop fandom things is 1) raising a buttload of money for charity to donate in any given idol's name 2) raising a buttload of money to sponsor as big of a section of forest as they can afford and having the forest named after the idol

I think either one of these would be nice lol imagine somewhere in Japan there being a Hanyu Forest.....I feel like these sorts of 'gifts' are way better than idk trying to send him a tuna....

9 hours ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Wonder if they'll do the same for Nats. They should. So the rest of the field don't feel like nobodies and get a fair chance to shine. I mean they'll probably still get outshined but at least it won't be exacerbated by a crowd who's only there to see one person. Would not want them to be queuing up all night and then leave as soon as their favorites are done, and when the crowds are skewed towards one or two skaters, with one probably owning 2/3 of the crowd, it can get pretty disheartening.

Ehm, could you please not? It's bad enough that these rumors of Yuzu fans being disrespectful en masses towards other skaters were spread by other people, but bringing it up here like this... the comments spreading from ACI have basically been proofen BS, by other fans who were there (look here). While a SMALL part of Yuzu fans might really only come for him, it's nothing but unfair, baseless slender against the majority. I've been to competitions before (2013 TEB, 2015 GPF, 2017 WC) and in none of them did I see Yuzu fans leaving in between another skaters performance, or act in any other way disrespectful. Most of them clap and give SO just as much as well. Sure, some come later, but it's sadly common practice for fans from many backgrounds to leave out the earlier groups.

I don't see any reason at all why other skaters should have to be 'protected' from Yuzu fans. To be frank, quite a few other skaters would have less audience & applause themselves if it wasn't for the Yuzu fans going to competitions for him. The Pooh rain is understandable, as it affects the next skater, but other then that - claiming JSF are doing the 'right thing' by limiting Yuzu fans in their actions (if that is what they are doing) is IMO unjustified.

2 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I'd be surprised if someone hasn't already worked to get at least one star names after him...

My 2 main favourite kpop fandom things is 1) raising a buttload of money for charity to donate in any given idol's name 2) raising a buttload of money to sponsor as big of a section of forest as they can afford and having the forest named after the idol

I think either one of these would be nice lol imagine somewhere in Japan there being a Hanyu Forest.....I feel like these sorts of 'gifts' are way better than idk trying to send him a tuna....

I remember Suju fans donated money to a charity to build a school in Africa under the group's name (to celebrate the anniversary) 

If we can do Hanyu forest, why not a Hanyu school too? :laughing::laughing: 

1 minute ago, OhYuzu said:

I remember Suju fans donated money to a charity to build a school in Africa under the group's name (to celebrate the anniversary) 

If we can do Hanyu forest, why not a Hanyu school too? :laughing::laughing: 

hahaha I was a SJ fan for a while. I know Henry fans (and Leeteuk??) sponsored sections of forest around Seoul and some Zhou Mi fans donated to a charity that gave children with cleft pallets free surgeries (which was cute). A school would be super nice too though! hahaha I just generally like any fanclub birthday projects that a charity based. They might do it to make their idol look good but at least other people benefit from it. Considering the other main popular trend is just taking out advertisements on public spaces (which is stupid expensive but also real pointless) charity projects are wayyyyyy better.

4 hours ago, meoima said:

This is misleading. People's love for some certain thing cannot be explained. I love what I love no one can force me to love something I do not like.

JSF or any other entity CAN NOT force the fans to love skaters they do not care.

Just like ISU CAN NOT force Yuna's fans to pay for competitions she does not attend. Because of Yuna, they spent time and money for her, it's their feelings and their time/money, who can force anyone to invest all those things for something they do not like?

If not for Yuzuru, many people here would have never invested all their emotions, time and money for skating in general, that is the truth. Many of my friends would never spend thousands of USD to fly around the world to see skaters who are not Yuzuru. 

I love someone there is no need to explain and justify my love, and no one can force me to love things they hope I will love. JSF has done enough to promote all the skaters they can, the fact is that if they want to slow down Yuzuru's fans just to make people have a feeling that all skaters are loved... is WRONG and naive. Some people are just loved more and there is this fact it can not be changed.

Anyway, Yuzuru is fine with all of this so I am fine. As long as he is practicing already and staying healthy, all the storm in Japan can just go to hell. 

I agree to this.  People will like who they like. Yuzuru has earned his status with blood sweat and tears and he just keeps giving.  While I do love skating aside from Yuzu I am not travelling too far to see it unless I have a fave I'm invested in. Helsinki only happened because he was there. Thank god he made it worth it. And then meeting all of the others I have admired over the years was a cherry on top. Olympics, he's a big reason I'm going but this is also a bucket list thing for me so I am killing two birds with one stone. This artificial stifling of his fanbase reminds me of Helsinki somewhat because so many fans had banners for him and yet most never made it to being displayed.  

1 hour ago, SparkleSalad said:

Maybe if you write it in English it will become invaluable study material for him. :P

I did mine in both English and Japanese so he'd have a good reference. I had a friend help with the editing.  :smile:

31 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

25 minutes ago, Xen said:

It was a prize of Mainichi Sports Award. Sadly, at that time (2015 January) he was recovering from surgery and couldn't attend the ceremony.

We all thought big tuna would be very nutritious and good for his body but also wondered how on earth he and his family could cook and eat it!

(We don't know till today.)  By the way the name of tuna was TUNA PRINCESS.

4f956433-s.jpg

1 minute ago, CupidsBow said:

hahaha I was a SJ fan for a while. I know Henry fans (and Leeteuk??) sponsored sections of forest around Seoul and some Zhou Mi fans donated to a charity that gave children with cleft pallets free surgeries (which was cute). A school would be super nice too though! hahaha I just generally like any fanclub birthday projects that a charity based. They might do it to make their idol look good but at least other people benefit from it. Considering the other main popular trend is just taking out advertisements on public spaces (which is stupid expensive but also real pointless) charity projects are wayyyyyy better.

I'm actually a SJ fan too

9 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

Yes. Welcome to our selfish club of selfishness.

I'm also going to admit to being in the club of 'He's going to stay in competition until 2022, no breaks'. I strongly believe it. Nothing matters as much to him as his skating and since he's only reached '20%' of his goal, there's no way he can retire any time soon. 

GPF 2018 and Worlds 2020 - can't wait!

16 minutes ago, Joey said:

Ehm, could you please not? It's bad enough that these rumors of Yuzu fans being disrespectful en masses towards other skaters were spread by other people, but bringing it up here like this... the comments spreading from ACI have basically been proofen BS, by other fans who were there (look here). While a SMALL part of Yuzu fans might really only come for him, it's nothing but unfair, baseless slender against the majority. I've been to competitions before (2013 TEB, 2015 GPF, 2017 WC) and in none of them did I see Yuzu fans leaving in between another skaters performance, or act in any other way disrespectful. Most of them clap and give SO just as much as well. Sure, some come later, but it's sadly common practice for fans from many backgrounds to leave out the earlier groups.

I don't see any reason at all why other skaters should have to be 'protected' from Yuzu fans. To be frank, quite a few other skaters would have less audience & applause themselves if it wasn't for the Yuzu fans going to competitions for him. The Pooh rain is understandable, as it affects the next skater, but other then that - claiming JSF are doing the 'right thing' by limiting Yuzu fans in their actions (if that is what they are doing) is IMO unjustified.

Oops I was at the ladies' victory ceremony am I a bad person? Not that I didn't rush back to see the ice dance either too

4 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

I'm also going to admit to being in the club of 'He's going to stay in competition until 2022, no breaks'. I strongly believe it. Nothing matters as much to him as his skating and since he's only reached '20%' of his goal, there's no way he can retire any time soon. 

I just watched a Daisuke documentary and he was talking about how he didn't even know if he enjoyed figure skating. A guy who went to three Olympics. He also said he wished he could have competed at worlds in Tokyo. 

And pchan said when he came back after his break that he, like all the greats, had trouble staying retired. (:facepalm: Yuzu, please lend him some of your false modesty)

He will stay for sure. 

12 minutes ago, BrightonDogwoods said:

I wonder if he might develop some chill but I kinda am in the same club. I think he'll stick around to do a little playing around with different types of music/different styles. you know. since his catalogue of programs is a bit. small.

3 hours ago, Fay said:

Oh no...

6 hours ago, MrPudding said:

I posted this at the video thread but this is too cute :embSwan:

Anyone know where the chopin kicking thing is from at 0:15?

OH NOOOOOO

2 hours ago, kaeryth said:

A little pick me up for everyone. If you want to show your love as international fans of Yuzu, try to send him fanmail. Nonchan sent one in 2012 - got a response in 2014... hasn't sent one again but received a response recently! Here's another instance of him responding to fanmail.

Sigh, I wanted my letter delivered via Pooh mail but in the end I had to settle for dropping it in the skater's gift box... I later regretted not writing his name in both romaji and kanji, I fear it might have been ignored on the sea of clearly Japanese letters, even though mine is in Japanese :sadPooh:

If I don't get confirmation that he read it I might send him one through the federation. It is incredibly hard to write to him, like here, I often ended up rambling. Writing in Japanese was the easy part, keeping it as short as possible (a page. I filled an entire page :sadPooh:) with only the things I absolutely wanted him to know was the hardest part...