General Yuzuru Chat

Just now, Yuzu Beloved Angel said:

Yuzuru is extremely focused on achieving his goals, and will reach them, no matter JSF. Your legion of fans will be there for him, with banner or no banner your voices will echo like thunder

If we can not have banner, could we do a great mosaic for him at the Arena? It would be fantastic, but ... just a dream.:devilYuzu:

.cdv-barca0.jpg

That would be great but they way they distribute tickets means some people still don't know if they have tickets, let alone what their seat number is. :facepalm:

20 分ぐらい, Hydrobladeさんが言いました:

He wants to skate AND win. I think he is trying to do everything within his power to force the judges to give him fair-ish scores. And if they don't the world still knows what he deserved. That's why i can't picture him retiring because of shady politics, he knows there are things he can't fight against, but he's going to cover everything he CAN control.  And there's just so much shady stuff you can do before people notice and protest. I know about that stuff.

If he stays for 2019 i have to be there. The plane can crash on the way back and i wouldn't care, i would have fulfilled my lifelong dream of visiting Japan and would have watched him skate for the last time (probably). And there's still Vancouver next year. As much as i would like to deny it, i don't feel like he will keep on going after 2019. Again, i hope i'm wrong.

Lol, I'm aware of that. Sorry for oversimplifying but what I meant was,  he doesn't care much about publicity gimmicks and all that. Judges trend and pattern of scoregiving and what goes on in their heads when doing it and whatnot probably go hand-in-hand with skating. He's a psychology fan so it's all a single package to him. He's been counting scores like talented gamblers count cards since he was in middle school so this game he knows how to play and knows how to play well.

I hope you get to see him again. It seems so magical for you the way you put it. And it's always nice when someone gets to experience a magical moment like that that others can experience vicariously through. Me, I don't have the stomach for live competition so if I ever get to see him live, it'll probably be at one of the ice shows in Japan.

18 分ぐらい, SparkleSaladさんが言いました:

That's the product of being the only country where Japanese is the official language. They have to build a strong domestic entertainment industry and that's where they make all their money. Foreign fans buying magazines or attending events is peanuts to them, as with fans of movies, bands, etc. as you say. Trying to get a foot in the door makes me feel like we're still in the Edo Period. 

20 分ぐらい, yuzuangelさんが言いました:

Yeah Japan is historically rather xenophobic. It's admirable that Yuzu acknowledges his foreign fans and does so quite often; it shows he does care, but the language barrier probably makes it hard for him to truly understand them. 

Funny how that is with their products circulating the world. Their entertainment industry, other than the anime one, seems rather confined domestically due to the language barrier. Koreans didn't let that stop them so they could learn a thing or two from them. 

17 分ぐらい, SparkleSaladさんが言いました:

I feel like maybe it's going to be the light at the end of the tunnel for me because NA and Europe are far to far for me to travel for comps but Japan is just up the street. Of course I will die in lotteries over and over and be a complete wreck my whole life.

Lol, maybe an NA fan or European one could look into event organizing--or more specifically, FS  event organizing. >_<

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

Lol, I'm aware of that. Sorry for oversimplifying but what I meant was,  he doesn't care much about publicity gimmicks and all that. Judges trend and pattern of scoregiving and what goes on in their heads when doing it and whatnot probably go hand-in-hand with skating. He's a psychology fan so it's all a single package to him. He's been counting scores like talented gamblers count cards since he was in middle school so this game he knows how to play and knows how to play well.

I hope you get to see him again. It seems so magical for you the way you put it. And it's always nice when Simone gets to experience a magical moment like that that others can experience vicariously through. Me, I don't have the stomach for live competition so if I ever ever get to see him live, it'll probably be at one of the ice shows in Japan.

Funny how that is with their products circulating the world. Their entertainment industry, other than the anime one, seems rather confined domestically due to the language barrier. Koreans didn't let that stop them so they could learn a thing or two from them. 

Lol, maybe an NA fan or European one could look into event organizing--or more specifically, FS  event organizing. >_<

Australian ice show. Everyone would travel from Japan and I could see him - and Lambiel plz - at home. :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: Dreamdreamdream

7 minutes ago, kelly said:

Am I selfish to hope he'll stay until at least 2020 so I can see him in Montreal :sad-smiley-046:

Lol no, my mom wants that too. Like i said, she's in love with Canada and she LOVED Yuzu so it would be a win/win again

6 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I hope you get to see him again. It seems so magical for you the way you put it. And irks always nice when Simone gets to experience a magical moment like that that others can experience vicariously through. Me, I don't have the stomach for live competition so if I ever ever get to see him live, it'll probably be at one of the ice shows in Japan.

Lol yes. I don't think he cares about that. He knows what he has to do and probably plans his layouts like a maniac :rofl: (i don't believe he really YOLOs on the ice. This Troll Overlord must have thought about that crazy stuff at least once)

There are many reasons why watching Yuzu live was so special to me. But it boils down to being a culmination of things i started since i was a mushroom (literally. I had mushroom haircut at that age lol) So of course i want to repeat it.

8 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

*polishes her project management resume* How much of a leap is it? 

@Hydroblade: I wonder how hard it is to take up Japanese? It's actually memorizing the Hiragana and Katakana that gets me in the end (I'm aware this is odd since I'm a chinese speaker), the rest I find doable since I learned tad bit of Korean and grammatically I didn't find it too hard. 

Why are we talking about him post 2019? It's not even 2018 yet. XD