General Yuzuru Chat

About scores, idk if someone in this season will get perfect PCS because if that top record is reached ISU might finally have to raise the threshold after all and make changes to the judging of PCS which it seems (from them always missing the point) that its not what they want to do. I think it's more likely that we will see a skater get +3 GOE across the board at least once before the season ends because the GOE scale will change anyway. Plus its Olympics season and seems to me candies are easier to give because they want that threshold reached before the changes go into effect.

1 minute ago, yuzupon said:

Now that Japan is basically qualified for the team event, would people please give me reassurance that this is good for Yuzu?:snonegai:

I don't see a reason to worry about it. Yuzuru did it before so he knows what to expect and what he needs to do to prepare for it 

It is Shoma that I am worrying about, this being his first Olympics and all

2 hours ago, Neenah said:

I don't see a reason to worry about it. Yuzuru did it before so he knows what to expect and what he needs to do to prepare for it 

I think who does the SP and FS is determined by Season Bests. So in the case Yuzu has the SB in the SP he'll skate the SP portion of the Team Event. If he has the SB in both segments, he can skate only the SP and Shoma will take the FS. The only time Shoma is not likely to do the FS is if he has the SB in the SP (so he'll do the SP and Yuzu the FS) or if Team Japan doesn't advance towards the FS portion of the Team Event (TJ needs to place in Top 5 after the SP/SD).

I feel like doing the SP is less draining than the FS. On one hand, Shoma has a lot of experience with back to back competitions so he might be less likely to be affected by 'tiredness' of doing the Team Event FS. On the other hand, it is his first Olympics and I have no idea what pressure he'll feel going in to them. It'll depend a lot on whether he wins over Yuzu at Nationals.

31 minutes ago, Neenah said:

I'm also a bit :| about Shoma cuz I'm worried the pressure/attention might get to him but he also keeps saying he's not that bothered about Olympics and is treating it as just another competition. He might be okay though because he's not really going to get jet lag (Korea is the same time zone as Japan). But...early starts. The early starts might mess up a lot of people tbh.

53 minutes ago, xeyra said:

It'll depend a lot on whether he wins over Yuzu at Nationals.

If he wins over Yuzuru, the pressure will double, I am sure. After all, he hasn't beat him in any competition yet, but he will be the defending National Champion, which is a weird set of emotions. Also, Yuzuru will feel tremendous kuyashii if he loses, and will fire up for Olympics. Mmh... I don't wish any of them to go into any competition with stress, so anyway it will go how it will go. 

Thanks everyone for all the updates, comments, etc. haha, I had been busy for my personal commitments for a long time, and finally had time to join the discussion here just recently, but the thread moves so quickly and I always lose the chance to comment! 

I'll challenge with JP Nationals lottery although I know the possibility is quite low, almost zero...

1 hour ago, Murieleirum said:

If he wins over Yuzuru, the pressure will double, I am sure. After all, he hasn't beat him in any competition yet, but he will be the defending National Champion, which is a weird set of emotions. Also, Yuzuru will feel tremendous kuyashii if he loses, and will fire up for Olympics. Mmh... I don't wish any of them to go into any competition with stress, so anyway it will go how it will go. 

Seeing you explaining it like this makes me realize the tremendous anxiety we'll go through nationals...:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

15 minutes ago, MrPudding said:

Seeing you explaining it like this makes me realize the tremendous anxiety we'll go through nationals...:tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

Ladies will be brutal...I wonder if they would send 2 separate ladies to Olys and 2 different ones to worlds? Is that even an option? That way at least 4 ladies get a chance to shine next year.