General Yuzuru Chat

12 minutes ago, ralucutzagy said:

:thanks: :thanks: :thanks: @gladi

@gladi : again, thank you!

Yuzu is such a type A personality, really training for hours from late night till dawn? Bet that's how he fatigued his knee...sometimes, I want to strangle this boy...he can out type-A 99.99% of Type-A personalities....:facepalm:

11 minutes ago, Xen said:

Yuzu is such a type A personality, really training for hours from late night till dawn? Bet that's how he fatigued his knee...sometimes, I want to strangle this boy...he can out type-A 99.99% of Type-A personalities....:facepalm:

does personality type associate with blood type? sorry I'm always so confused with the As, Bs etc ^^;

4 часа назад, Xen сказал:

He might not make it to Olympics tech panel, unless the ISU and IOC really wants to impound people. But I can totally see him in GPF. He is also not too friendly with Japanese skaters, so Japan loses home field advantage if he judges in a Japanese comp. Although to be fair, he gained his "strict" reputation due to judging the ladies field during an era where admittedly UR and edge issues were common (he wasn't the only judge to call them besides). So it is possible that he's stricter than the recent tech panels (or recent tech panels are too lenient), but not the harshest by far. I also think the men's field is a tad less tech error prone compared to the ladies field, so he might give less edge calls (though UR is still an issue in men's too).

Honestly I wouldn't mind him as my coach-if he says my technique is clean, I'd probably never need to worry about my technique right?

Besides, imagine that he gives Yuzu all 10. Such a strict judge ... This would make Yuzu truly happy. I believe it will happen one day. :smiley-love017:

23 minutes ago, Xen said:

I think this was back in 2015 after getting silver at SC 2015, according to the context of the article. No wonder he fucked up his left foot. I hope he knows better now and people keep him from repeating this before COR!

I'm listening to Max Ambesi's podcast too. Tbh is really so much stuff, I don't have the strenght to make a translation because it gets really detailed about things I don't know that much :81: but the amount of  detail is also what makes you really understand what is the difference between who makes generic talks and who really knows the sport and the athletes too.

He talks at length about the qualification spots at Nebelhorn and about what are the chances for different teams, he talks about Junior GP and Eteri's girls (a little bit about Adelina Sotnikova surprised me as a Yuna fan, so I have to catch up with some of Adelina's programs now and look at them without any bias)

Now I'm listening to the part about Yuzuru and Max bluntly recommends to compare Yuzuru's jumps with those of one particular skater (or more correctly and for fairness, to compare some specific jumps from one particular competition of that particular skater) to see what is the difference between Yuzuru and others, and I laughed because I'm half sure such words would be considered bashing by some people, when it's only a reasonable "spot the difference" exercise.

(Not talking about anyone on PH, just thinking about some things I read elsewhere)

Then he praises Jason Brow (best spinner and programs packed with transitions, but lacks the 4 rotations), also Patrick Chan's jumps when he's on (the quality of his jumps and Yuzu's is superior to that of the others).

I snorted when, talking about FS layout for this season, Max said "4Lz, 4Lo...in theory 3F that could become something else, like a 3Lz (LOL for a moment I was :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:thinking he was going to say 4F)  but let's go on with 3F" :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

Sorry Max, but I don't think Yuzuru would ever dump his 3F :sadPooh:, like "who cares that 3Lz has no risk of unclear edge from evil Flip-hater tech panel higher BV than 3F. Scores....what are scores? 3F has been there, is there, will always be there":darklordyuzu:

(the only element that he's being doing as third jump for ages :laughing: Yuzuru moved all of his jumps from first half to second, changed combos, added rotations, but that 3F is as stubborn as the OverlordTrollzuzu)

and now I take a break to watch Nebelhorn