General Yuzuru Chat

I do wonder how these things get passed around in the skating grapevine. Yuzu breaks a record at ACI, how do other skaters find out? Are they watching live? Instagram, twitter, forums, friends text them, icenetwork!??? I know how Japan knows about it, with multiple TV news and newspapers! :laughing:

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I do wonder how these things get passed around in the skating grapevine. Yuzu breaks a record at ACI, how do other skaters find out? Are they watching live? Instagram, twitter, forums, friends text them, icenetwork!??? I know how Japan knows about it, with multiple TV news and newspapers! :laughing:

I only know Zhenya found out on Instagram. Maybe she told Mikhail?

4 hours ago, Xen said:

Someone needs to try that out with his Chopin Angry face...if he's still a girl, man his complex will explode.

Speaking of which, seeing him live at ACI, I really wonder if his waist is even bigger than 26 inches/65 cm? His waistline is tiiinnnyy...

Hell no. My waistline is 26" (well, maybe not exactly anymore) and his is for sure smaller. I'm gonna guess 22"-24".

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

Hell no. My waistline is 26" (well, maybe not exactly anymore) and his is for sure smaller. I'm gonna guest 22"-24".

Hmm, then I guess 27", which is still small for a guy. General rule I found is, if I think a guy's waist is smaller than mine, it's still a bit bigger but only just by about an inch or less.

2 hours ago, xeyra said:

Courtesy of @yude once again:

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170924-00011031-nksports-spo

After ACI SP, Yuzu found the Nikkan Sports newspaper journalist on site to thank them for Dick Button's message he received earlier (Nikkan Sports interviewed Dick Button in New York some weeks ago, where he wrote Yuzu a handwritten good luck message). The message is now in a transparent frame in Yuzu's room. 

I'm happy to hear this. I was wondering a bit earlier about when did Yuzu receive the message and where he would keep it. It's good to know that it's in his room and I hope that in some ways Dick Button's short but very meaningful words motivate him every day.

Dick Button knows what he is talking about...he was unbeatable between 1948 and 1952 but he couldn't really relax at the 1952 Olympics (although he landed the first ever triple loop there) he was nervous and couldn't skate his very best - despite of this, he was able to defend his Olympic title. But he had some regrets how he won that title.

I really hope that Yuzu won't have any regrets in PyeongChang and he will be able to skate his best and enjoy the experience as much as he can. :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

3 hours ago, xeyra said:

Courtesy of @yude once again:

https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20170924-00011031-nksports-spo

After ACI SP, Yuzu found the Nikkan Sports newspaper journalist on site to thank them for Dick Button's message he received earlier (Nikkan Sports interviewed Dick Button in New York some weeks ago, where he wrote Yuzu a handwritten good luck message). The message is now in a transparent frame in Yuzu's room. 

I really hope he takes the message and enjoy his skate. It could also be the reason why he took ACI less 'kuyashii'.. as in not the WTT kuyashii. Overall he was quite positive.

At nhk15 he was estatic when he broke the first 300 barrier, yes he did nitpick on himself but it was a different feeling than going to gpf15. I hope he thoroughly enjoy the olympics <3

1 hour ago, KatjaThera said:

My guess is Yuzu is generally seen as a benchmark. Also, I was checking out the Dodds' brother's instagrams this weekend, and they both had instastories of Yuzu's skating. They didn't have Javi, who is a two times World Champion, too. Yuzu is just special. And I think most people know he's the best. The only question is whether he can prove it at any competition.

I'm not sure how much of this is them being fans themselves and how much is them wanting hits on their instagrams by Yuzu fans. :biggrin:

Just now, xeyra said:

I'm not sure how much of this is them being fans themselves and how much is them wanting hits on their instagrams by Yuzu fans. :biggrin:

Good point lol But I do like to think that fellow skaters want to watch him, whether just because they enjoy it, or it motivates them, or they feel they can learn stuff, whatever, even if they're not outright fans. I do think the atmosphere is different when he's on the ice, and it's not just because of the legions of fans. (Which in turn has made me wonder how other skaters really feel about him... to me, someone like that would seem unapproachable, just because he seems to be on a different level. I've been meaning to watch more gala practices, to see what he's like when he's usual skating friends aren't there. But that's OT here.) Wasn't there a rumor Kevin Reynolds also went to see him? I don't think he did it as a fan, either, but I think some skaters might genuinely enjoy watching other skaters. Especially when they know they might see something extraordinary. But who knows, really? lol

2 часа назад, katonice сказал:

Oh! We probably already bumped into each other then!

Yes, wonderful memories indeed! :tumblr_m230q68lJ71qfamg6:

FS is a small world so who knows:laughing: I was sitting with Italian Yuzu fans and then last season I saw them in France and girls recognized me even though I changed hair color :laughing: I also saw a top of my head at @kiches SP OP video from Helsinki:biggrin:

Sorry if I am interrupting more serious talks for some mindless fangirling, but I've finally watched the subbed video of commented GPF 2015 SEIMEI (many thanks to @gladi for that jewel of a video, and to @kaerbtoo, that made that speed translation a few days ago) so...:dancingpooh::dancingpooh::dancingpooh:(dancing pooh represents quite well my current state of mind)

I confess I was a bit meh about the new costume, but seeing it in HD made wonders (despite the performance) and now I absolutely adore it :smiley-love017:  yes, I am such a fickle girl :P

And I love the way Yuzuru moves his hands while watching his performance, just how on heart can fingers look so good...:10636614:

I would have a lot to say about more serious things, like how Yuzuru talks about the pressure he faced (imho it's quite telling that he would call it fear), or the bit about his closing gesture after he ended the performance, but my mind is still dazed like :knc_yuzu1: so I'll pass for now:laughing:

2 часа назад, ruruzest сказал:

It's an established fact that you would want to go again , take it from me , I've never thought of this before , this is my first sport event ever , hopefully it's not my last , my brain is still processing and reliving the precious moments 

Visiting 2 Yuzu's comps in a season - been there done that :biggrin: (used the oppotunity with events in Europe, Asia or America would be much harder for me)