General Yuzuru Chat

9 hours ago, Yoa said:

Brian didn't like idea of seimei at first (when he heard the music). He also wasn't happy about adding 4Lo to SP last season and about 4 quads in FS :) He probably wants to decrease his stress level... :P  Takeshi Honda also said that Yuzu doesn't need 4lz and I doubt that he even saw how it looks.

That sounds like 4lz will be successful:devilYuzu:

Just now, robin said:

Yuzu still talks like his participation at the Olympics is not a sure thing and I'm never quite sure if he's doing that for the laughs or out of exaggerated modesty lol

But it's like @Fay said, while it's not official, everyone knows and expects Yuzu to make it to the Olympics

I don't think it's only for exageration and modesty tbh... I think that he's also thinking about his health, when he says that first he has to participate.

7 minutes ago, Altie said:

I don't think it's only for exageration and modesty tbh... I think that he's also thinking about his health, when he says that first he has to participate.

I really tried to avoid saying anything abt the possibility of him not attending olys in my post lol

Well, in effect he does earn laughs with it so idk

16 минут назад, Murieleirum сказал:

Hey, Yuzu has won the last Cup of Russia he went to (in 2011) if I'm not mistaken. If he wins here again, he might think Russia loves him and come back every year? :devilYuzu:

May the skating gods hear your words :bow:

Russia loves him anyway. 

10 hours ago, Murieleirum said:

That knowledge makes things complicated. Because every time he will skate the perfect Short, he will have to deal with that pressure of that 330 (a pressure that no other skater feels nearly as much as him, imo) and will have to skate his free for 4 minutes and a half, without thinking constantly "I have to be perfect, I have to be perfect, I have to be perfect". 

So, I guess, the more experience he has with this kind of feeling (skating a clean short and having to follow-up with a clean free) the readier he'll be at Pyeongchang. So, weirdly so, I do wish that these first competitions will teach him a lot in this regard. Will teach him to 'shut his mind the hell up' during the free, LOL

This sounds tough..Even if he breaks the total score record...The pressure will be there forever when short is clean...

Wait was Vincent supposed to be in ACI...?

32 minutes ago, Altie said:

Yeah tbf when I read that he said that I thought he was talking about making the team and I was like "I don't think there's any universe where Japan has 3 skaters better than even Yuzuru on a poor day" aka he's being comically modest but then I realize he's talking about his health :facepalm: It's really smart that he's not taking anything for granted and acknowledging that the youthful recklessness of the past isn't going to work for him now.

It makes me calmer and less anxious to know he's taking care <3 and ACI kind of showed it; don't sweat the small stuff, health first 100%.

Just catching up with the thread. Great article/interview from Brian. I love what they have going on at TCC. RE: Seimei and Yolo-ing. I think Yuzu learned a valuable lesson here. That it's harder to Yolo Seimei than Hope & Legacy. :smiley-laughing021: The moment he popped that lutz I can almost feel his brain going yolo!time and just overthink everything... The rhythm of Seimei didn't help with that. He can yolo H&L because of the almost serene nature of the melody and the way it's structured can give him time to think between elements but not so for Seimei. I think that's why he fell on the 3a (le gasp!) he was rushing and catching up to the beat while yolo-ing at the same time.

8 hours ago, katonice said:

Any fellow satellites in this video, you may raise your hands up :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw: (only if you want to though ^^)

Okay, finally got the wifi to watch this.

What I find funny about Japanese media vs other commentators is that Japan has often brought up how popular Yuzu is worldwide. Like, multiple times. So only our cries have not reached the rest, fufufu.

I mean, Japan is proud of the Pooh rain in Shanghai and even covered it in media so I'm betting they may do a quick coverage of his Russian/foreigner fans at COR too. At least we'll be heard by one outlet, yay?

1 hour ago, kiches said:

Yes, that’s a group of us outside the rink after the SP! 

I'm shocked, tbh. You're not all a bunch of Yuzu heads? I am definitely a guy in a yellow tophat and tails splatted on the ground. I guess I just expected the same level of honesty from the rest of you. :/

2 hours ago, Étudeesque said:

Anyone got the link to the Orser interview? Seems like it was great :10636614: 

https://english.kyodonews.net/news/2017/09/931fd1987058-figure-skating-coach-says-hanyu-a-dramatic-reminder-of-his-youth.html

ETA. Poor Boyang is still "The Chinese Boy." Welp, we may as well start calling him TCB.

I'm not that sure that YOLO-ing Seimei is impossible. However, rhythm is very important and it was his rhythm that was ruined at ACI, IMO. When you've lost the rhythm, it's a lot harder to improvise. Especially while overthinking. I think the icenetwork Yuzu comments were very spot on - which is so weird, because that should have come across in the Japanese comments more and that it didn't makes me doubt their accuracy which is just... ugh, because they fit my own impressions the best. Namely that starting with three triples threw him off. He was unsure about the layout and was at a loss as to rhythm and pacing. And when he popped the first jump, it was like a confirmation that that layout doesn't work. So he started thinking of doing his usual YOLO-ing, BUT he also knew Brian had good reasons to tell him not to push it, so it was probably a struggle between what he was compelled to do by his competitive side - YOLO and make up for lost points and show the world he's the same Yuzuru Hanyu who broke the world record the day before - and being a good boy who listens to his coach. As a result, he managed neither. I think @Murieleirum put it perfectly, what that's like. He was fighting himself, unable to fully commit to either side.

I hope he has learned that if he'd managed to fully trust Brian and not doubt his program - and been able to practice the first triples layout more - he probably would have broken his record. And also that if he'd completely thrown the plan out the window and YOLO-ed, he still would have probably broken his record, BUT also, possibly made his knee issue worse. I think it was a great lesson for him (and part of me wonders if it wasn't Brian's plan all along, because an imperfect Seimei was bound to happen and better have it at ACI and in front of Javi.And he also surely knows about these two warring sides of Yuzu, that are probably his biggest issue and he needs to make peace with). I just hope he learned it lol.

I'm also pretty sure that after last year, Brian has also learned not to hold Yuzu back on technical content, but he will help Yuzu add that in the way that works best for him, with minimizing physical impact and not affecting the skating. That's why Yuzu needs to trust him and only YOLO when absolutely necessary (because at times, it probably will be).

I wish I was a fly on TCC rink walls to see how much he's going to practice ACI layout, in order to get it clean :P  He might need that first, before he goes back to normal training ^_^';