General Yuzuru Chat

4 minutes ago, Floria said:

I am not too worried about the 4Lo in the SP. It is just that out of 9 FaOI stops he did 4Lo only once, all the others were doubles iirc. But surely he did enough runthroughs with it.

I think the 4Lo in FaOI was unsuccessful because the rink size is small and the ice condition is bad, it's amazing that he even did 1 perfect 4Lo in a program in that condition :laughing:

hace 1 minuto , Killaa said:

I think the 4Lo in FaOI was unsuccessful because the rink size is small and the ice condition is bad, it's amazing that he even did 1 perfect 4Lo in a program in that condition :laughing:

hace 3 minutos , Murieleirum said:

Tbh, if you noticed other skaters didn't even try to do quads at Faoi for their routines, because the ice conditions and light conditions make matters 100% more difficult. The fact that Yuzu did Chopin clean with 2 quads during an ice show is an incredible exception, just like his WR three days ago. c: 

I completely agree with you, FaOI is not a good example because of the ice condition and the size of the rink. The thing I am worried about is he always did 2Lo and it counts 0 in SP as we all know too well.

:facepalm: please don't pay too much attention to what I say, I am still recovering from ACI.

7 minutes ago, Floria said:

I completely agree with you, FaOI is not a good example because of the ice condition and the size of the rink. The thing I am worried about is he always did 2Lo and it counts 0 in SP as we all know too well.

:facepalm: please don't pay too much attention to what I say, I am still recovering from ACI.

haha I completely understand what you mean :happy: we are all worried about him popping since last season, and that FP was basically one of our worst nightmare. But no worries he'll recover and surprises us all.  :hachimaki:

1 hour ago, Nerdincool said:

Sooo I just saw something interesting on twitter and wanted to ask those of you who actually went to ACI if it's true. Did people from IOC or ISU really come watch the competition? People in suits were allegedly spotted watching Yuzu's performance from the VIP section, but the only non fan atendees I heard about on here were the unimpressed hockey players and there doesn't seem to be any pictures of them (Also why is there a VIP section at ACI?). ACI is just a challenger series, if it's true, is that normal? 

There were definitely people in suits, but quite a number could have just been judges and the family of judges, plus the family of various skaters, plus potentially the skate canada board members bc they have to attend the victory ceremonies.

hace 1 minuto , Murieleirum said:

I haven't seen Seimei twice but I've already seen Chopin like 10 times. Selective memory? :laughing:

I haven't seen both programs since the day of competition. Somehow I want to keep for a while the memory of seeing them live, even for FS ( Yuzu fell from 3A right in front of me :facepalm: ). But I don't fill bad about rewatching the FS. It was heart breaking, of course, but he fought until the last second.

29 minutes ago, ruruzest said:

I was sitting on the judges standing sides about the next row right behind the VIP row, yes I saw lots of suited people on the first VIP row. They didn't stay for the ceremony.

also there are three VIP rows on judges side right behind the judges, I saw Caucasian of all ages, some looked like coaches, some looked like athletes 

So the VIPs did unfortunately see the FS. :smiley-laughing021: Poor Yuzu. 

14 minutes ago, yuzuuu said:

were they only there for the FS tho? not SP? :text-line-smiley-049:

Have to admit that I didn't pay attention during the SP to see whether or not any suits arrived. If they were just the judges and the board members though, I would think some did go and see the SP. But that doesn't matter that much- the SP set a new WR, it was just an issue of whether or not he could break the old Seimei records. Which I guess  our boy is looking to in CoR.

Oh my... I wished I was here all day so I didn't miss on some interesting topics... :laughing:

I was fast reading the thread, catching up, because it's about time to sleep already, and pretty entertained with all the variations of topics.. from sochi accommodation, to wine, to haunting/ghost, to Yuzu scared of thunder (how cute is that??). :tumblr_inline_mfy92hO4sm1qid2nw:

Anyway that article with Brian is so nice and heartwarming to read. You can sort of feel with him. How on one side he has to consider what he thinks is the right, most suitable strategy, but on the other hand, he can relate with Yuzu/he understands Yuzu's want and determination too, and that he doesn't wanna limit his growth and improvement.

I wonder if gloves was part of that heart-to-heart talk too.. :embSwan:   I'm glad they've figured the best way of communicating now.. it'll sure help a great deal.