General Yuzuru Chat

18 minutes ago, WinForPooh said:

I don't suppose the Pumpkin King will be at Nebelhorn? He's growing on me, too.

Nope, GBR entries for men are Graham Newberry and Philip Harris. :( I hope Mattick does a few more things through the season though his FS is a hoot

(plus it gives me the feels because me and my dad have a tradition of watching The Nightmare Before Christmas and A Muppet's Christmas Carol every single Christmas Eve. ON VHS because it's been a tradition since I was born)

1 hour ago, Xen said:

man....almost withdrawing, injured, not practice for a week and sets off a new wr short by pure muscle memory? To the other men: so, how do you like them pancakes boys?

For those who are worried about his knee:  if the person I saw at the airport was really him, then he should be fine. He was walking super fast and even skipped a little down the glass walkway before stopping to wait for the rest of his team.

I think someone took a pic of him leaving the airport earlier. And I wonder what that gift is. And I dont know if I'm allowed to post this here. :laughing:

4 minutes ago, PapiandPooh421 said:

There are 6 spots available for the team event, am I right? So only 4 spots are in contention... 

Just like it was in Sochi, 10 teams can qualify for the Team Event in PyeongChang, too.

@Yatagarasu already opened the thread for the Nebelhorn Trophy, let's discuss anything related to the qualification process there! :smile:

2 minutes ago, Pamigena said:

roughly about zip to none, I think

si g h. I'm torn because I genuinely want the JP pairs and dance teams to skate on Olympic ice and of course it'd be a delight to get to see the skaters twice but....... strategically, is it worth tiring out the mens/ladies? That being said, maybe it's a good way to acclimate to the Olympic ice. knowing Team JP though, they'd go all out for it either way. 

(this is why you schedule the team event after the individuals ughhh Olympic organisers......)

5 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

Nope, GBR entries for men are Graham Newberry and Philip Harris. :( I hope Mattick does a few more things through the season though his FS is a hoot

He's really cheerful, too. More que sera sera than kuyashii.

Not that I doubt his determination to conquer all and be proclaimed the rightful heir to the Iron Throne.

No wait, wrong universe.

IDK about what the gift might be but it made me think about what i'd gift him if i had infinite money - a portable air purifier. I just had a horrible though that Yellow Dust tends to roll in around/after Seollal. I have no idea if it hits Gangwon-do but it would be awful if it came in early. I hope Yuzu stocks up on fine-dust masks before coming to Korea :S 

52 minutes ago, kaerb said:

What are Team JPN's chances of actually medalling at the team event, assuming they qualify dance or pairs? As much as I want more chances for them to skate on Olympic ice...I won't lie, the scheduling of the event makes me nervous (also kind of seems to be an advantage for the skaters who don't have to skate at the team events, no?)

(actually who's most likely to win? I feel like Team Canada right now?)

Japan's chances to win are 0 given the poor Pairs and Ice Dance fields. And highly  unlikely to medal. The Team podium will be Canada, Russia and USA, in whichever order (likely Canada in first). So for Team Japan, competing in the Team Event will be merely for nationalistic pride. 

Edit: Sorry, replied late and without noticing we should probably be talking about that at the Nebelhorn thread. :facepalm:

42 minutes ago, Anya said:

I think someone took a pic of him leaving the airport earlier. And I wonder what that gift is. And I dont know if I'm allowed to post this here. :laughing:

The gift is 25 hand-painted folding fans all made with different costume themes from Yuzu's senior years. They're super delicate and detailed, just breathtaking. I believe it was posted on the planet like many many hundred pages ago... but here's a link to see them now :)

The fan who made them says she's moved to tears to learn that her gift and good wishes are handled by Yumi-san with so much care. She knows that her love and gratitude have reached them and is appreciated and cherished. I feel so happy for her - the folding fans will surely be kept by the Hanyu family for a long long time!:sadPooh: