General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Since I just had a panic attack over how unprepared I am for my first ever student exchange (any satellite from Lubljana?), I had to do a bit of calendar math and yikes, it's not really that long....I don't want to terrify anybody, but we have barely four months and a week till the start of PyeongChang...if we separate time into smaller portions (ie, with Yuzuru's competitions), you have month till Rostelecom, then NHK and GPF, then by the end of December the Nats, then one month of suspension (though I'm like 100% sure there is B cat events in January too) and then tha great stage...

And it will be my biggest achievement to date if I manage to survive till then. Not even counting the fact that during the Olys I'll most definitely die of pure stress :tumblr_inline_mzx95p7TPv1r8msi5:

6 minutes ago, Aotoshiro said:

Since I just had a panic attack over how unprepared I am for my first ever student exchange (any satellite from Lubljana?), I had to do a bit of calendar math and yikes, it's not really that long....I don't want to terrify anybody, but we have barely four months and a week till the start of PyeongChang...if we separate time into smaller portions (ie, with Yuzuru's competitions), you have month till Rostelecom, then NHK and GPF, then by the end of December the Nats, then one month of suspension (though I'm like 100% sure there is B cat events in January too) and then tha great stage...

I feel like this year will really fly by... when there's lots of stuff to do, time passes really quickly. 

But some particular moments, like the evening after a late night streaming party ended sourly, when there is no hot chocolate to keep you company, no actual human being company near you... eh... I get all melancholic and romantic. It's okay though. The hype for another competition is gonna come back soon enough. 

14 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Sigh... Really Zuzu I hope you stay at least for another season because I want to see you again :sadPooh:

I wonder if we should start writing this in letters that we send him... try to convince him through guilt LOL. 

I know exactly how you guys feel. I woke up feeling all kinds of emotions. I was kinda overwhelmed by everything. It might be a mixture of stress, pms, lack of sleep, etc., but yuzu definitely did something to me yesterday. Who knew that that video I discovered months ago would make me so emotinally attached to a skater?

16 hours ago, Xen said:

Live account:

-BrightonDogwoods said he was pointing to all the places he missed jumps and just talking to himself (or maybe Kikuchi?) when he was done skating. #CoachYuzu in action!

-Last lap around the rink, after they got all the press photo ops done and the medals done, he seriously looked at all the Hanyu banners flying around, and seemed genuinely happy and grateful

I'm so far behind on this thread, maybe there is a fan cam of Yuzu by the k&c, watching Javi skate?

I have to confess, I couldn't watch Javi, I wanted to see how Yuzu was reacting... What I saw was, he was closely watching Javi's jumps but I think when the program got to steps or spins Yuzu's face looked kinda fierce and he was mouthing something, it looked like he was being Coach and giving himself a good 'dress down'! But that's what a good coach has to do at times and he is certainly one of the excellent coaches of Team Yuzu. I love watching him carrying on with himself when he's at practices he seems to always have something to say!

:ohno:

Anyway, that's my impression, videos may tell a different story. :smile: I am still several sleeps away from recovering from being there so I am not quite in my right mind just now. :tumblr_inline_ncmiffG34Z1rpglid:

I have now been to 4 of his last 5 silver medal competitions (only missing 4CC!), and I'm happy to be part of the crowd that ALWAYS showers him with more appreciation and love than anyone else there, even the champion. I don't think Javi got a standing O after his FS at ACI (or not much of one) but Yuzu did. And of course after the medal ceremony everyone stayed there until Yuzu was gone, and every eye was on his every move. 

And of course Yuzu is aware of all this and has fortunately learned how to live with this as an asset instead of a burden. So while it hurts to see him kuyashi, I would not hesitate to attend ACI or SC if he was competing there next year!

:10636614:

Miyagi mascot giving out support again. He is so beloved :7938863:

Honestly, I'm super chill. Some have Boston flashbacks but I feel this is entirely different just based on the pre and post victory ceremony pics/vids we've had. In Boston, you can plainly see how much he was hurting but here, while he did have the fake smile in the podium (which he ALWAYS has when he's in second place) afterwards he was all giggly and apologetic (NOOOOO.... you don't need to apologise for anything!). I do think it was a mental issue combined with lack of practice and having to do an "easier" layout. Like T. Kozuka said (thanks... I forgive you for your crossrolls comment LOL) he's not used to triples anymore. And as someone who jumps to rhythms that must've been off-putting for him. 

Also, can I just say that I'm laughing at how he now finds it hard to do triples (that's not in a combination) just like how his body is incapable of jumping a 2a?

1 hour ago, Elaine said:

I had a reinforcement treatment with my Boston PTSD last night:embSwan:but its okay, my faith on Yuzu never changes, just get stronger than ever.

last night somehow was expected. sorry I had magic power in ACI...Last night was okay. It was at the end, fun...like Yuzu is trolling... what is not acceptable is I COULDN'T GET GPF OR NHK FS TICKET...