General Yuzuru Chat

3 時間前, Kattさんが言いました:

Well, who could expect he bombed this hard ?  I didn't watch the stream, and when I went on twitter I'm shocked at all those pops. I expected him to make mistakes in FS, but not that many like this.  At the same time, I'm glad this happened at ACI. I'm sure he won't repeat this again in the season. You're right, he need challenges to fire him up, that's why I said this could be good for him in the long run. After all, its much much easier to improve from 155+ skate than 200+. He'll be fine at COR. 

*timidly raises arm* But I didn't expect it per se. I didn't watch it live but I did think shortly before the competition started, that the probability of the dude skating clean wouldn't be on his side since his SP was clean as a whistle but he's not skating after Fernandez going into the FS, and the last time that happened, it was back in Boston. Also, he's got a bum knee and this is only the first comp of the season and his last skate of SEIMEI wasn't exactly a clean one *and* he's doing it with a new layout and revamped choreography. Then I got to thinking about details and thought that Lz being a hot and cold element for him even as a triple and him bringing it to the forefront would likely mean he'll pop it this early in the season. Then I moved on to the second half and prayed hard that he wouldn't have problems with his 4S combo because it messes with his head too much so I thought if he's gonna pop something, please  let it be the 4T or the 3A, both if need be so long as his combo is clean, because he'll come back from failing them easier than he would the combo. I don't usually analyze the possibilities of the kind of skate he'll deliver because it gets harder to do so deeper into the season so I just don't think much about it usually. But I think the signs were pretty much there this time so my head just sorta involuntarily picked up on them. Anyway, he pulled off his combo despite everything so that's a win in my books. :DancingAlien:

Of course, I didn't anticipate he'd pull the I'm-a-stubborn-never-say-die-mule routine to this extreme degree and what-is-even-a-cohesive-program-anymore?-YOLOs his way all through the second half, lol. I was expecting maybe one or two YOLOs but not that stubborn and dogged determination to reach a consensus with that doggone 4T which he ultimately didn't properly manage to, to a point where he half-assed his 1st 3A and kicked the second one to the curb altogether. The way I see it, that was a very reckless, who-the-fug-cares-anymore shitstorm of a performance and it was actually...pretty fun to watch. It's like watching his true nature being revealed when tight control is no longer an option so there's nothing to stop the flow. >_<

And it's his first fall since December! He took so long getting back up I was wondering if he was entertaining the notion of just going fug everything I'll just stay down here and let the ice cool my ass and back until the music ends. He kinda looked like he might be thinking that for a few seconds there, lol.

All in all, and please don't stone me for thinking this, the whole thing appeared to have a slightly cartoonish quality to me so I actually found it quite entertaining. Now, in my head, when the guy fully bombs, it's either the really heartbreaking sort like what happened back in Boston, the meh sort like what happens usually at the start of a new season, or this slightly comical one here at ACI, which is new.

Note: I don't consider his COC '14 performance a bomb. Given the circumstances, that one was actually a very successful skate.

10 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

I didn't even bother to read it - my mind just went WTF 4LZ but you're right! Why would someone translate it as 4lz? :/

Maybe they didn't follow the news close enough and just took Max's "planified layout" too seriously:P After all it's too easy to get carried away with any mention of 4Lz, don't we all know that very well?:laughing:

Sorry for the repetition (I'm sure it was published a hundred pages ago), but I just stuck to this photo. It's simply me, watching all Yuzu's competitions (and my friends' reaction).

The main thing is not to hide under the seat in Moscow.

I just noticed that I got my first status (now I can be useful for Yuzu :POOH:).

10 minutes ago, kaerb said:

this is just one of those tweet exchanges where I can only raise my hands and give several dozen kudos and golf claps to 

:xD:

I have to say though, when someone first mentioned how the numbers lined up, I was thinking eh does that mean 2nd place too...nooo. but then someone else said when numbers line up in their country it means good luck, so my thought disappeared. now I feel kinda bad that it even came to my mind.. :text-line-smiley-049:

1 minute ago, yuzuuu said:

I have to say though, when someone first mentioned how the numbers lined up, I was thinking eh does that mean 2nd place too...nooo. but then someone else said when numbers line up in their country it means good luck, so my thought disappeared. now I feel kinda bad that it even came to my mind.. :text-line-smiley-049:

That was me with the numbers lining up means good luck. I didn't think it would line up all the way to the end. :facepalm:  I guess the Canadian curse was more powerful. :laughing: