General Yuzuru Chat

hace 7 minutos , meoima said:

Yuzuru will be fine and he will win Olympic again.

and the skaters whom most people think will do well might not do that well. I don't want to name them here. Just believe me. 

May the skating gods hear you!

What happened today is just a price to pay for the big things. 

12 minutes ago, kaerb said:

just his critics and they will always be there and never satisfied or backhand-complimenting him. best to leave them to their salt :laughing: If he can leave jaded media people in awe at how weird/unique/impressive he can be, I'm not too worried. He has plenty of fans in Japan and around the world (even though Western media will assume they're all Japanese fans :facepalm:)

(it's hilarious to me that he gets criticised in Japan for being too Extra/arrogant/'Westernised' and in Western media for being too emotionless/cold/controlled and playing it safe. Did someone say...cultural differences?)

I think him being extra is one of the reason why people liked him. He's so unique. Is there another skater as weird/extra as him to liked Pooh dolls in the state that he should bring it in every competition (to comfort him by squeezed it lol)? (I see it cute tho) 

I find it amusing why Japan don't like their skaters/athletes to be so extra/westernized/emotional, while in the anime that their made, the characters are always too extra. :laughing:  even the dialogue! 

7 minutes ago, Floria said:

You can't please everybody, but he has much more fans then haters. If Japanese media wants to push Shoma so be it, less pressure for Yuzu. And Shoma seems smart enough not to play their game of rivalries. I am not sad about the silver, I am sad about all the nasty comments he'll get because of it. 

And probably I will agree that he will never be as consistent as Medvedeva for a variety of reasons. But Zhenya's skating will never take my breath away.

:iagree:

About the media, if it will create less pressure for Yuzu, that's good. I also sincerely hope then that Shoma can cope with the burden/expectation being on him. Neither of them can win with this media circus, can they?:sigh:

37 minutes ago, SSS said:

Congratulation!!!!!!

Hydro, I am proud of you!! you did it!! Could I get a recording of your "Hanyu senshu!!!" I can borrow it to get attention:xD:

and you didn't faint!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't shout too loud because he was like... Right in front of me. I could have been leaning more and I could have been able to brush the costume with my hands. 

If he remembers me he might freak out if he hears my voice lol 

Maybe he will remember me because I was the only non-asian in the section where I was squished. And those who met me prbably noticed that I'm like 90% eyes and 10% face. Maybe that'll help him remember me next time I see him. Tracy definitely recognizes me, as I said earlier, she said hi to me and kept smiling at me 💔 

37 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I'm so happy that all your hard work and heart put into preparing the swans and also working on the Planet has paid off beautifully at your first live competition, what a dream~~~ So happy you got the courage to yell out to him too! :tumblr_inline_mm2wbaeqQM1qz4rgp: 

I feel like karma from a past life must have been finally balanced out something idk, so many people plan out their ideal situations and that rarely works out as you imagine it. This was better.

My imagination was like a knockoff Sharknado movie compared to what happened over these days. 

14 minutes ago, meoima said:

Yuzuru will be fine and he will win Olympic again.

and the skaters whom most people think will do well might not do that well. I don't want to name them here. Just believe me. 

I have zero doubts he'll defend his title. I don't kniw why. I just know it. I'm so with you on it :)

1 minute ago, Hydroblade said:

I didn't shout too loud because he was like... Right in front of me. I could have been leaning more and I could have probably been able to brush the costume with my hands. 

If he remembers me he might freak out if he hears my voice lol 

Maybe he will remember me because I was the only non-asian in the section where I was squished. And those who met me prbably noticed that I'm like 90% eyes and 10% face. Maybe we'll help him remember me next time I see him. Tracy definitely recognizes me, as I said earlier, she said hi to me and kept smiling at me 💔 

I feel like karma from a past life must have been finally balanced out something idk, so many people plan out their ideal situations and that rarely works out as you imagine it. This was better.

My imagination was like a knockoff Sharknado movie compared to what happened over these days. 

Well, I can do something with the recording and make it louder and sound like a guy?:xD: jk

Live account:

-BrightonDogwoods said he was pointing to all the places he missed jumps and just talking to himself (or maybe Kikuchi?) when he was done skating. #CoachYuzu in action!

-Last lap around the rink, after they got all the press photo ops done and the medals done, he seriously looked at all the Hanyu banners flying around, and seemed genuinely happy and grateful

hace 9 minutos , Xen said:

Live account:

-BrightonDogwoods said he was pointing to all the places he missed jumps and just talking to himself (or maybe Kikuchi?) when he was done skating. #CoachYuzu in action!

-Last lap around the rink, after they got all the press photo ops done and the medals done, he seriously looked at all the Hanyu banners flying around, and seemed genuinely happy and grateful

Yes, I recorded it, he was looking at the banners! 

1 minute ago, Floria said:

I think it was Brian's plan to make the first competition not so easy to win. I hope it works and the lesson is learned. 

It's a good thing that both Javi and Yuzu competed against each other right now so they are already exposed to real competition so early. One point for team cricket. Even though it wasn't really important competition I am glad Tracy was here with Brian. Just look how much Yuzu talked to her in K&C, he could get everything off his chest so quickly. Imagine if he had to be there alone. And TSL called her scary yesterday... Like what? 

About media... Brian knows exactly how this feels. He was under constant pressure and critisism from Canadian media when he was competitive skater. He was also reigning world champion going into his second olympics so that also helps him to understand Yuzu a little more. I am sure he and Tracy will do everything they can to help Yuzu :tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw: So I can't wait for another interview about pancakes. :pancake: And they need to figure out how to smuggle Pooh-san to Olympics :POOH: