General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, SSS said:

Why do they hate shounen manga main character...

just his critics and they will always be there and never satisfied or backhand-complimenting him. best to leave them to their salt :laughing: If he can leave jaded media people in awe at how weird/unique/impressive he can be, I'm not too worried. He has plenty of fans in Japan and around the world (even though Western media will assume they're all Japanese fans :facepalm:)

(it's hilarious to me that he gets criticised in Japan for being too Extra/arrogant/'Westernised' and in Western media for being too emotionless/cold/controlled and playing it safe. Did someone say...cultural differences?)

2 minutes ago, kaerb said:

just his critics and they will always be there and never satisfied or backhand-complimenting him. best to leave them to their salt :laughing: If he can leave jaded media people in awe at how weird/unique/impressive he can be, I'm not too worried. He has plenty of fans in Japan and around the world (even though Western media will assume they're all Japanese fans :facepalm:)

(it's hilarious to me that he gets criticised in Japan for being too Extra/arrogant/'Westernised' and in Western media for being too emotionless/cold/controlled and playing it safe. Did someone say...cultural differences?)

that is the reason why he has fans from all over the world...:darklordyuzu:

2 minutes ago, meoima said:

Being his fans for years, I kinda give up to the pattern. I mean... knowing him... this is just the Yuzuru we all know and love. Breaking records yesterday and making some mess the next days. When he said he wanted to raise the average and be like Zhenia Medvedeva... I chucked a bit. I have said many times he can't be like her. Really, people are born with their true nature and I never see anyone changing that. The point is he will take all of this as some lessons and turn it into advantage in the most important moments. He did it at GPF 2015, WC 2017, he can do it again. 

He will be fine, as long as he is healthy, he will find a way to win big. The rest is just dust in the wind.

I really love you @meoima. Your word alway make me relive from stress. :8232307: 

But your prediction scared me too.....:dpooh:

hace 43 minutos , norwhite said:

Can someone advise me on whether I should watch Rostelecom live? Cuz I missed the short with a WR and then made the free with... something else. (And I cut myself peeling chestnuts trying to stay calm...) :facepalm: 

i used to kind of blame myself for Yuzu's flops too because every program i'd been able to stream live turned out disappointing... :smiley-dance018:i even avoided watching Worlds LP live for this reason and i still regret having missed such greatness.. because of that i decided i'd never miss a live performance again.. then the recent Chopin WR happened and i realized that being a fanyu is a rollercoaster of emotions but in the end the ride is totally worth it- so i think you should definitely watch the next competitions live :happy:

42 minutes ago, norwhite said:

Can someone advise me on whether I should watch Rostelecom live? Cuz I missed the short with a WR and then made the free with... something else. (And I cut myself peeling chestnuts trying to stay calm...) :facepalm:

That's why we have streaming parties, so you don't have to be alone with the emotional rollercoasters.  They are very helpful until you attain Meoima-level of zen....

12 minutes ago, Floria said:

If you are a true fanyu you are condemned to suffer from time to time. And to feel the overwhelming happiness from time to time also.

Oh I think I'm being a true fanyu in the progress and in the level 'can't go back' anymore. Yuzu just captured my heart and I can't ignore him. Seriously before NHK 2016 I'm still a normal viewer but after GPF '16 my heart race risen up every time yuzu showed  up. And finally I got in the state of being 'total fanyu' at 4CC. I will be sad if he's sad and will be happy if he's happy. I know I can't be helped. :facepalm:  

1 hour ago, somnis said:

First post after lurking since May >.<

I met a bunch of people from PH, but didn't quite get everyone's usernames here...sorry about that!

Thanks to the few that I did meet for making my first live competition such a great experience! I was so happy to be sitting with fellow Yuzu fans (though granted, that was probably most of the stadium) and being able to *fangirl* without feeling too awkward about it haha. I have to say that seeing him live was a whole other experience than watching on TV, and I definitely hope to have the opportunity again in the future.

(I also had a chance to have a photo with him, but chickened out last minute. I found the back door he was leaving from and waited until midnight, when he left, but there were a bunch of reporters and such interviewing him/ filming him getting into the car. I guess there's always next time) 

omg were you the one i met? we sat near the skater's entrance :tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp:

hace 7 minutos , kaerb said:

You can't please everybody, but he has much more fans then haters. If Japanese media wants to push Shoma so be it, less pressure for Yuzu. And Shoma seems smart enough not to play their game of rivalries. I am not sad about the silver, I am sad about all the nasty comments he'll get because of it. 

And probably I will agree that he will never be as consistent as Medvedeva for a variety of reasons. But Zhenya's skating will never take my breath away.

5 minutes ago, meoima said:

Yuzuru will be fine and he will win Olympic again.

and the skaters whom most people think will do well might not do that well. I don't want to name them here. Just believe me. 

I still remember your power before 17WC XD:10742289: