General Yuzuru Chat

13 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

It took me a long time to get over those pants and see through to the wonderfulness of that program. I wish they had been cut more... demurely? (I understand I'm in the minority here.)

I am probably a minority as well, but before I was corrupted, the first dozens of times I watched LGC, I didn't find the costume distracting at all. For me, it was just a body moving amazingly fast across the ice, couldn't really focus on precise shapes because I usually focus on movements in time with the music and such. I still don't find it distracting. Picutres and photos, on the other hand...

Btw, it's amazing to wake up and see that the swans reached team Hanyu! I am so immensely happy! :7562096:

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I am probably a minority as well, but before I was corrupted, the first dozens of times I watched LGC, I didn't find the costume distracting at all. For me, it was just a body moving amazingly fast across the ice, couldn't really focus on precise shapes because I usually focus on movements in time with the music and such. I still don't find it distracting. Picutres and photos, on the other hand...

Yeah, me too! :smiley-ashamed005:

Just now, Murieleirum said:

Btw, it's amazing to wake up and see that the swans reached team Hanyu! I am so immensely happy! :7562096:

Hmm, I didn't find it distacting so much as sort of... sleazy sounds a bit harsh but, you know, maybe a bit too Princey? :laughing: (Childhood sleazy Prince music video trauma may have influenced my opinion.) I also find the whole "rockstar" thing pretty unimpressive in general but I love the living daylights out of LGC now. Exposure therapy really works!

6 hours ago, yuzuangel said:

but the more 2nd's he draws early on, the fewer he'll draw later right? because what's the probability of drawing all 2nd's? this is how probability works right? right? :smiley-rpg012:

There won't be draws at gp series this season, right? If I remember correctly, the order will be according to world standing.

2 minutes ago, SparkleSalad said:

Hmm, I didn't find it distacting so much as sort of... sleazy sounds a bit harsh but, you know, maybe a bit too Princey? :laughing: (Childhood sleazy Prince music video trauma may have influenced my opinion.) I also find the whole "rockstar" thing pretty unimpressive in general but I love the living daylights out of LGC now. Exposure therapy really works!

I loved the program on first viewing. And no, I wasn't distracted by the pants :laughing: Actually, I believe I didn't like the costume at first.

Now of course, it's a different story :smiley-ashamed005:

LGC is a bit like... David Bowie in the Labyrinth.

It's GREAT and the performance is on point and the casting is perfect and it's entertaining but it's really hard to get your eyeballs to behave.

Anyway i have chosen to maybe nap, get up at 1:20am for the practice, nap again and get up at 8:40 for the SP XDDD 

11 hours ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm shaking guys...

A part of the thousand swans I made are golden. Gold around their neck. I wanted to give them to team Yuzu.

And well...

7o2oOp4.jpg

Tracy told me she will give one to Brian, one for Yuzu, one for her and one for his mom.

I included a small message inside the envelope. So our message is definitely going to reach him.

I can't even cry, I'm just happy that he will definitely get it.

:tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5::tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid: *insert every crying emoi you find here x100* Tracyyyyyy...she's an angel in disguise, or second Yuzu-mama, I don't even know...Thank you for this project @Hydroblade and the rest of you guys, it seems it works! Go, little swan, deliver our support on your wings! (I'm in poetic mode ???Since when???)

10 hours ago, kaerb said:

LOL Jordan 

:xD:

I think I adore this guy. Or his sense of humor. His situation is basically pressure sandwich...(or is it "golden sandwich"?sorry, my puns are terrible)

7 hours ago, asiacheetah said:

He drew 2nd for SP? Isn't that his nemesis?

It was, but honestly, what could be worse than the first in SP in Helsinki? xD

6 hours ago, ruruzest said:

Wow! What a day! We heard that Yuzu was at the Kiss and Cry and rushed there.... when I saw the familiar form in his UA , dancing , moving with the music, the very YUZU that I've been watching thousands times on my small tablet....I immediately broke down and cried.  I couldn't handle his awesomeness!!!!! I was mad at myself because I couldn't see him well through my tears !!!! Anyway , he was moving the whole time for a good Five minutes . It was like magic to see him so close like that. 

During practice time , when Seimei music started, I got goosebumps, the live sound is so powerful and impressive, very different from the one I watched at home, I don't have experience so  I found out that recording and watching him at the same time was very challenging! I wish I had multiple eyes like bees to do both things ! My video was full of judges' s corner table and the ice floor :sadPooh:

all and all " I'm happy now"

confessions like this make me appreciate good quality fanvids...I hope they don't give up too much of their live experience for us...-,-

4 hours ago, kaerb said:

I rewatched and I think it was actually the hole he made with his free leg in the process of jumping the 3T (as opposed to where he landed it). Either way.... :facepalm::laughing:

*detective Gadget opening plays in the background* go, go, fanyu's analysis! seriosuly tho, shouldn't e start therapy for the need of obsessive analysis...:facepalm:

4 hours ago, xeyra said:

How can he leave holes on the ice with his toe pick when he doesn't even seem like he is hitting it that hard? :facepalm:  Question of perception, of course he is hitting it hard. 

What was the arena back in the day where he apologized for ruining the ice due to his 4Ts? I think it was in Finland, back in his early senior days?

In finland he went on to help repair the ice, and in Shanghai...oh, the living Yuzu chronicle Kaeryth already explained everything, okay, thanks!:bow:to your memory...

3 hours ago, OhYuzu said:

It's so beautiful. I love it when he does the rippon. :10742290:

Is it only me or does his rippon seems to grow in variations? The last one seen looks like he is purposefully letting his arms straighten up mid rotation, so it looks like it 'grows' with the unveiling of the jump... (somebody stop me before I write ode to aesthetically pleasing fulfillments of the 'interesting/original air position' GOE bullet...)

3 hours ago, kaeryth said:

:rofl:

My first thought? FANTASTIC FOUR (and Meo-urgh, I mean, Pooh)

^Nothing like playing catch-up with the thread in the (late) morning)

How did we evolve from Seimei's besti's back to purple Pants...xD We really love taking random turns don't we?

Also, while I see that issue was resolved already, I still feel the need to apologise to anyone who read my post on Yuzu's practice layout and freaked out because of that. Sorry guys, his triples are just gorgeous, and I forgot for a moment somebody might be doing it as the first jumping pass(es), and not quads T.T I should have shut up and wait for more experienced fans to speak up first, but a sleep deprived Ao is illogical Ao.

I'm finally seated, slept a bit and now I can tell you what happened :biggrin:

I went to eat and buy an envelope to put the golden swans and when I came back @Xen and company were "Hydro, we were looking for you! Tracy was here earlier and we took a pic with her" I felt so saaaaaad :sadPooh: so I finished my last golden swan, a bit sad.

I saw Tracy coming down the aisle and my mom told me to go. I hesitated a bit because she was taking to someone but I figured that if I didn't do it I would regret it, so I gathered courage and went to her.

I apologized for bothering her and talked about our little swan project. She asked me why swans instead of cranes and I said that it was because we felt a swan represented him better than a crane (she nodded and said "yes, excellent idea!"). She asked me who I wanted her to give the swans to (what is English, sorry) and she said "Brian, Yuzu, his mother and the other coaches? It's that what you want me to do :) " I said yes, and that there was a note included in the envelope explaining what it was about (i used my username instead of my name and put a link to the planet) and that I was very happy that she agreed to do it. And that she had no idea just how much it meant to me.

I went inside the rink and guess who I found there? Brian :biggrin: so I got a pic with Brian, told him I have Tracy something, briefly explained it to him too and got a pic with him :biggrin: I also got to thank him for the work he has done, and fit everything he has done for Yuzu. He said "thank you so much, I really appreciate that" and he sounded so sincere, my heart felt all warm 💖

So that's it, that's the story of how the swans reached team Hanyu :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

(I told Tracy I came from Mexico and she gave me the kindest smile and said "aww, aren't you sweet!?". My heart melted and I can't begin to express how much I like her and Brian. They're wonderful people and I'm really glad Yuzu has them watching over him :sadPooh:)

5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I went to eat and buy an envelope to put the golden swans and when I came back @Xen and company were "Hydro, we were looking for you! Tracy was here earlier and we took a pic with her" I felt so saaaaaad :sadPooh: so I finished my last golden swan, a bit sad.

I saw Tracy coming down the aisle and my mom told me to go. I hesitated a bit because she was taking to someone but I figured that if I didn't do it I would regret it, so I gathered courage and went to her.

I apologized for bothering her and talked about our little swan project. She asked me why swans instead of cranes and I said that it was because we felt a swan represented him better than a crane (she nodded and said "yes, excellent idea!"). She asked me who I wanted her to give the swans to (what is English, sorry) and she said "Brian, Yuzu, his mother and the other coaches? It's that what you want me to do :) " I said yes, and that there was a note included in the envelope explaining what it was about (i used my username instead of my name and put a link to the planet) and that I was very happy that she agreed to do it. And that she had no idea just how much it meant to me.

I went inside the rink and guess who I found there? Brian :biggrin: so I got a pic with Brian, told him I have Tracy something, briefly explained it to him too and got a pic with him :biggrin: I also got to thank him for the work he has done, and fit everything he has done for Yuzu. He said "thank you so much, I really appreciate that" and he sounded so sincere, my heart felt all warm 💖

So that's it, that's the story of how the swans reached team Hanyu :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

(I told Tracy I came from Mexico and she gave me the kindest smile and said "aww, aren't you sweet!?". My heart melted and I can't begin to express how much I like her and Brian. They're wonderful people and I'm really glad Yuzu has them watching over him :sadPooh:)

...we thought you ran into Misha in a corner and fainted initially....

...now to see if the second part of what I said will come true this weekend....

5 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

This story has just melted my heart :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: 

Thank you for sharing this, enjoy the rest of the event! :tumblr_inline_mi7tcqZmot1qdlkyg:

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I'm melted.

That's right, a puddle of a fan is writing what you're reading right now. They're the. very. best. team I can imagine, and I have a very big imagination. I don't care, I'm a soap right now, and I'm going to be sappy a lot for the rest of my day. Again, thank you @Hydroblade, and thank you all the other creators of the swans, for making me feel like the lightest person on the world. Not sleeping to wait for the short will be a breeze in this state.