General Yuzuru Chat

3 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I rewatched and I think it was actually the hole he made with his free leg in the process of jumping the 3T (as opposed to where he landed it). Either way.... :facepalm::laughing:

Yep, he picked that spot. I snorted when his upper body flopped forward right on the dramatic note.

6 minutes ago, kaerb said:

I rewatched and I think it was actually the hole he made with his free leg in the process of jumping the 3T (as opposed to where he landed it). Either way.... :facepalm::laughing:

How can he leave holes on the ice with his toe pick when he doesn't even seem like he is hitting it that hard? :facepalm:  Question of perception, of course he is hitting it hard. 

What was the arena back in the day where he apologized for ruining the ice due to his 4Ts? I think it was in Finland, back in his early senior days?

I squealed when I saw Tracy with the swan on the twitter feed, not gonna lie. I've woken up in a mushy mood, apparently :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

Also: Yuzu, dear, why so many 4T when you're saying you're cutting down on right-foot take off jumps? They're looking mighty good (that 4T-3T rippon killed me), but you're not exactly watering down much of anything XD

3 minutes ago, Valkyria said:

I squealed when I saw Tracy with the swan on the twitter feed, not gonna lie. I've woken up in a mushy mood, apparently :tumblr_inline_mzx8t1Yuvn1r8msi5:

Also: Yuzu, dear, why so many 4T when you're saying you're cutting down on right-foot take off jumps? They're looking mighty good (that 4T-3T rippon killed me), but you're not exactly watering down much of anything XD

Toe loop is a left toe pick jump though... 

10 minutes ago, xeyra said:

How can he leave holes on the ice with his toe pick when he doesn't even seem like he is hitting it that hard? :facepalm:  Question of perception, of course he is hitting it hard. 

What was the arena back in the day where he apologized for ruining the ice due to his 4Ts? I think it was in Finland, back in his early senior days?

Its was in China at COC 14 practice.

From GS user Sugiady:

The Capital Indoor Stadium is standard competition venue, is much more better than the commercial venue in Shanghai. My friend went skating in Shanghai's venue, and the staff told her Yuzuru's 4T leave a hole on the floor under the ice.

And the staff said they used almost ONE YEAR to repair that hole.

13 minutes ago, xeyra said:

I thought it was in Shanghai?

BTW, as the last person to skate, there are always a lot of holes on the ice. how did Yuzu manage not to trip himself...