General Yuzuru Chat

1 minute ago, yuzuangel said:

oh, oops.. i thought it was the same knee as his lisfranc.

...well now it's a different knee? :tumblr_inline_mfy930ntA01qid2nw:

worst part, it's his landing knee. It gets enough pounding from jumping alone, but both flip and lutz use the right leg to vault up, so wondering which was the main culprit.  Wonder if the pain is more jump fatigue pain on the kneecap from overtraining, or more pain from banging his knee on the ice....

5 minutes ago, yuzuangel said:

oh, oops.. i thought it was the same knee as his lisfranc.

...well now it's a different knee? :tumblr_inline_mfy930ntA01qid2nw:

Right knee is his landing knee so I'm not surprised skaters can injury themselves on it with all the weight put on it. He'll be okay.

Just now, Xen said:

worst part, it's his landing knee. It gets enough pounding from jumping alone, but both flip and lutz use the right leg to vault up, so wondering which was the main culprit.  Wonder if the pain is more jump fatigue pain on the kneecap from overtraining, or more pain from banging his knee on the ice....

ow. although banging on the ice sounds like it would heal faster. hopefully it's just a bruise and all.

i hope he hasn't been seriously practicing the 4F for this very reason. not in olympic season, please, zuzu.

:13877886:

well, we all knew yuzu wasn't going to be 100% on top of his game the whole season. he will be there when it counts.

Just now, Xen said:

Why immediately think overpractice, though? Might just be a bad landing once.

Nooo poor Yuzu :59227c768286a__s:I hope it isn't serious.

It looks like he just can't have a smooth start of season ever :sadPooh:

but what matters the most is what will happen later on, so just pls Yuzu  take it easy and heal, no need to overdo in this competition:pbow:

1 時間前, fluffypoohさんが言いました:

I thought he usually hides his injury til the season is over, how does the media know? And I thot Brian said he's in good condition :sadPooh:

Because that worked out so well in past seasons. >_< This shows he's finally learned. What's the point in aggravating his injury by revealing his cards so soon? Especially when he could use it to his advantage instead? Uno's shown most of his, and Chen hasn't but his strategy is clear. And we still haven't seen what the other three are going to be doing yet.

The field heading into the Games this time is very different from the last. Hanyu may be the reigning World Champion but unlike past Games, this one doesn't have just one favorite with a single biggest threat to it. This one has competition, all with their own carefully devised strategies, coming from all sides. It's exactly the kind of competiton Hanyu said four years ago in Sochi, right after his win, would come to be. He hoped for it. Now everything is in place exactly the way he wants it to be. And he's got *one* shot in nailing it the way he wants to nail it.

So unlike past seasons, he's gotta be infinitely wiser about every move he chooses to make in this one. Anything he wanted tested out, he'd have done it all in the past seasons. Any risk this time has to be very carefully calculated. He has multiple hands he could play. And his smallest one is already bigger than most out there. Why not play it first?

Brian knows what he's doing. It's nice to see Hanyu on board with it. For once.

P/s: In terms of revealing his injury, which some may find uncharacteristic of him, know this: All eyes are on him as the defending champion and the one to beat. That's inevitable. So instead of needlessly withstanding the pressure of scrutiny, why not be transparent (or at least semi-transparent) from the get-go? It'd relieve a lot of the pressure that's meaningless to bear anyway. No excuses being made here, since those are usually made after the fact. The injury is worrying, but it's a lot less than if he were to have stubbornly hidden it and continued going for broke.