General Yuzuru Chat

Is there anyone here who can edit Wikipedia? With the Olympic season happening and needing to keep Wikipedia updated with actual useful info regarding Yuzu, I went to check his wiki and may I say I find these under Other notable achievements a bit unnecessary? I don't think these are particularly important to have?

• The first skater in history to successfully land a quadruple loop in competition [118]. [and currently holds the highest score awarded for that element (14.57, 2017 World Team Trophy)] the part in [ ] can be omited
  • The first skater to successfully land 3 quadruple jumps in the second half of a free skating program (2017 World Team Trophy)[202] - I think this can be mentioned in the 2016-2017 season section?
  • The first skater to successfully land a quadruple toe loop-half loop-triple Salchow combination in the second half of a free skating program (2017 World Team Trophy).[citation needed] - He wasn't, actually. I think Yagudin did one before Edit: Actually, Yagudin did it in the first half. Still unnecessary, especially because all it does is give a second half differentiation.
  • Holds the record for quadruple toe loop (14.04, World Team Trophy 2017) and quadruple salchow-triple toe loop combination (18.71, World Championship 2017). - I find this information unnecessary, to be quite honest, both in Yuzu's and other skater's Wikis. 

I don't know if anyone else agrees?

I'm pretty cool with people who just don't "like" Yuzu's skating, because I myself have my favourites and most of the time it is only really a question of "feeling" more than something that can be rationally explained. I am less cool when they criticize his skating telling lies (I talk about those from whom one would expect a bit of technical knowledge, not the ones who have only read something but can't know by themselves).

What really I can't stand are personal attacks to Yuzuru's character, like implying that he is arrogant or pampered or that he just pretends to act nice for PR reasons but is in reality an awful person (as if anyone could have the energy for acting all the time under the constant scrutiny of thousand of people and cameras!). Yuzuru has never hid his flaws, he's actually always admitted them openly, which is way more than most people can do.

For the same reason it annoys me a lot when people instead of replying to the content of a post start sending jabs to the poster.

On 19/9/2017 at 10:17 AM, Sombreuil said:

That is really the point of this place.  I spent years looking at skating stuff on the internet without ever posting any comments or joining anything until earlier this year when the annotated version of the WC winning free skate came out and got a lot of really OTT criticism.  It annoyed me so much that I signed up and began to post because I thought it was a great resource, which must have taken a lot of effort to do and I would have been interested to see similar versions of other skaters programmes.  Unfortunately there were people who just savaged it in a totally unconstructive and illogical way, which made me see red and got me involved in an online quarrel which is quite uncharacteristic of me and would startle the people who know me ( luckily none of them cares about FS!)

This is pretty much why I abandoned my long-lasting lurking habits and registered to that place too. Actually I think a lot of people delurked because of that video, what was happening was just too unfair to keep quiet.

I was still in the phase of reading the fanfest and sometimes some competitions threads and I had already stumbled upon a most enlightening argument about half loops (that's when I started paying attention to who posted what) so I had an inkling of how some posters could behave, but what happened in the video thread was just so saddening and so crazy that it's likely I wouldn't have believed it if I had not been there following the whole thing from the start. So I knew exaclty who was lying and why some people had got angry. Some posts were merely  nonsensical, others condescending, others outright nasty. It made me feel very sorry for all those who had done that wonderful work, because they saw their efforts and the feelings behind their efforts so disparaged.

So I felt the need to give my support thanking them and maybe make *SomePeopleUpThere* realize they had majorly screwed up in how they had handled things.

But in the end it all turned out so well I would even say thank you to *PeopleUpThere* in the *other place*, because now we have this wonderful Planet Hanyu with wonderful satellites.:grouphug::7938863: (and all the wonderful Yuzu emojis LOL)

I would have never thought I would be posting more than 100 posts in my whole life, and here I am, almost to 300 and with a lot of useful additional knowledge spanning from FS to music to languages to dance to cooking etc etc etc :laughing:

I would have also never imagined I would be plannig to follow some live stream of a minor competition between 2 and 5 a.m. :13877886:Right in the middle of the night :tumblr_m9gck4P2Jf1qzckow:

I don't know if I should just go to bed with the chickens and get up at 2, or hold on the whole night till 5 am  then go to sleep...but likely I won't be able to sleep after it, and I don't know if I'll be able to sleep before either AHHHHHHHHHH :14066882::14066882:

maybe Yuzu is evil after all, look what he does to his fans :facepalm::darklordyuzu:

Exactly how I feel about it.  I have a look at what's kicking around on the internet from time to time, but I stop if something starts to send my BP up, and I don't post anywhere else because I don't trust the membership of any forum but this one.  It's amazing how un fan like some fansites can become, and as a newbie the nastiness of the tone of some so called FS fans was a big surprise to me.

6 minutes ago, xeyra said:

*whole post*

I would agree with you on pretty much everything, if it weren't that in other skaters' wiki, as you said, there are similar "notable achievements" that, while unnecessary, can still give a "wow" impression to a casual viewer (I know I would have been impressed, a year ago). So I'd say for the sake of impartiality to leave it as it is, for olympic season :laughing:

I mean, I find this info in Shoma's wiki a bit unnecessary too

At the final competition of this season, the World Team Trophy in Tokyo, he was able to win a gold medal for Japan with his team mates. His overall result (302.02) was the highest of all single skaters and 18 points higher than the one of Yuzuru Hanyu, who had a disappointing run with his short program, but was the best with his free skate.

or this "attempt" in Nathan's wiki

The first skater to attempt six quad jumps in a free skate (2017 Worlds).

and maybe this too for Boyang

Former record holder of scoring the most amount of points on one element (4Lz+3T, 19.76 points, 2016 Four Continents). Record was broken by Nathan Chen at the 2016-17 GPF.

Also, why poor Patrick's wiki is only updated decently till 2013-2014? And no 2016-2017 season at all? He deserves more love:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

19 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

I would agree with you on pretty much everything, if it weren't that in other skaters' wiki, as you said, there are similar "notable achievements" that, while unnecessary, can still give a "wow" impression to a casual viewer (I know I would have been impressed, a year ago). So I'd say for the sake of impartiality to leave it as it is, for olympic season :laughing:

Also, why poor Patrick's wiki is only updated decently till 2013-2014? And no 2016-2017 season at all? He deserves more love:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

overall result does not count..Why even mentioning Zuzu's name...:yznotimpressed:

15 minutes ago, LadyLou said:

:rofl:wiki is not a great resource, but I know I still use it. But what even.

betting whoever added that Yuzu tidbit and combined total scores in wtt is the same for that one article i came across. Like, the need to go that far by combining scores in a competition that don't matter instead of placements and when both shoma and yuzu are teammates instead of competing against each other for once :salty:

1 hour ago, LadyLou said:

Everyone wants to one-off each other's Wikis.

Edit: I didn't actually start this convo for people to be salty about others Wikis.... I just wanted a bit less unnecessary info on Zuzu's page.

9 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Everyone wants to one-off each other's Wikis.

Edit: I didn't actually start this convo for people to be salty about others Wikies.... I just wanted a bit less unnecessary info on Zuzu's page.

Nah, it isn't the wikis I'm salty about. It's the people/editors who I'll never know who they are anyway.

I'm pretty much salty or petty/dark about everything so tbh a lot of happier comments or comments just telling the anxious new fanyus to chill often helps give me a reality check when I'm deep down the pessimistic hole. This fandom helps me be a better person forreal.

At the final competition of this season, the World Team Trophy in Tokyo, he was able to win a gold medal for Japan with his team mates. His overall result (302.02) was the highest of all single skaters and 18 points higher than the one of Yuzuru Hanyu, who had a disappointing run with his short program, but was the best with his free skate.

Wow, so classy. I'm impressed. :knc_brian3: Really. :ohno::crazyshit: sorry I'm really :salty: lately

I also want to join in with big thanks to everyone! :grouphug: Make love not war!:7938863: :snpeace: 

29 minutes ago, Dori6886 said:

At the final competition of this season, the World Team Trophy in Tokyo, he was able to win a gold medal for Japan with his team mates. His overall result (302.02) was the highest of all single skaters and 18 points higher than the one of Yuzuru Hanyu, who had a disappointing run with his short program, but was the best with his free skate.

Wow, so classy. I'm impressed. :knc_brian3: Really. :ohno::crazyshit: sorry I'm really :salty: lately

I also want to join in with big thanks to everyone! :grouphug: Make love not war!:7938863: :snpeace: 

I hadn't actually seen that... yeah....... I think this is worthy of being salty, indeed, because it's such a passive aggressive dig at Yuzu in someone else's Wiki. Low blow. So if anyone with editing Wiki skills wants to edit that out as well as other info from Yuzu's, IDK.

Edit: My initial thinking about unnecessary info on Yuzu's wiki still stands, though. Especially the total element scores and the 4T1Lo3S in second half achievement.