General Yuzuru Chat

Completely  :offtopic: , but here's the free program of Mitsuki Sumoto who won JGP Riga yesterday.

He is a huge fan of Yuzu, and this program is choreographed by Nanami Abe!

I love Nanami-sensei's programs and this one is no exception :7938863:

Mitsuki's jumps and the nice flow after them remind me of Yuzu's a lot.

I'm sure Yuzu is watching this video in Toronto  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

I think in competition the spiral will likely be a little higher and held a touch longer but probably not much more than in that practice since it's just there as a transition not really as a program highlight :P 

casual reminder that max does not have secret insider info he is just guessin like everyone else is but as far as guesses go it's not a huge leap to think yuzu is gonna add a 4lz and is trolling

28 minutes ago, daisyjune said:

Completely  :offtopic: , but here's the free program of Mitsuki Sumoto who won JGP Riga yesterday.

He is a huge fan of Yuzu, and this program is choreographed by Nanami Abe!

I love Nanami-sensei's programs and this one is no exception :7938863:

Mitsuki's jumps and the nice flow after them remind me of Yuzu's a lot.

I'm sure Yuzu is watching this video in Toronto  :tumblr_inline_ncmifaymmi1rpglid:

So fascinating you can see Nanami Abe's hand in the choreography, particularly the footwork and arm movements (a lot of twizzling and spread eagles lol). His air position (esp arms) while jumping also looks like Yuzu's. A coach is really so influential to developing skaters' styles :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

I'm just finished watching yuzu practice video haven't follow the chat much, I just have to say I envy so much the fans who are going to watch this amazing program live, that wonderful spiral was :2011112318014775d::tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw: really nobody has yuzu quality, the last spin:7938863:, the jumps,:tumblr_inline_mqt4gi8ECy1qz4rgp:everything, I'm so curious to see the final version of the choreo in competition:10742290:

I just LOVE spiral!!! So happy that it is going to be in the program!!!

I believe he can definitely do it higher (and longer), no doubt in his flexibility.

That last spin is just prefect...prefect:10636614:.

Now I am so looking forward to this newly improved SEIMEI in competition. 

(l hope he doesn't remove this spiral or else I will throw pooh at his face) :dpooh:

1 hour ago, kaerb said:

So fascinating you can see Nanami Abe's hand in the choreography, particularly the footwork and arm movements (a lot of twizzling and spread eagles lol). His air position (esp arms) while jumping also looks like Yuzu's. A coach is really so influential to developing skaters' styles :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:

Yes!  Arm movement is very Nanami-sensei's style. I wonder how it would look like if Yuzu skated this program.

Just a small correction. Mitsuki is coached by Yoshinori Ohnishi who used to coach Tatsuki Machida.

I remember reading an interview about two years ago where Mitsuki was asked "Who do you respect most as a skater?" he answered without hesitation "Hanyu Yuzuru senshu desu." His fellow skater (I forgot his name...) laughed. It seemed like Mitsuki was supposed to say "Machida Tatsuki-senshu desu." :crazyshit2:

1 hour ago, ralucutzagy said:

Thank you, Gladi, you are amazing! :clap: :thanks: :smiley-love017:

Brian's full interview from Yuzu's open practice day!

Man, Brian really didn't shut up, did he? He was doing good hyping up work, indeed, especially about the repeat thing, but it's also so heart-warming to read about how Yuzu is being more proactive, talking more with his coaches, and how Brian and Tracy want to find ways to help him relax a bit because Toronto will always be all about the training for him and he can over-focus on it.

At the World Championships {last season}, it was actually very interesting to be able to see the top skaters on the ice at the same time during official practice and six-minute warm-up. The difference in skating skills, ability, and maturity is clear. In my personal opinion, Javier and Yuzuru absolutely stand out. And that leads to the high PCS and GOE for all the elements.

No mention of Patrick there too, Brian? Mean. :rofl:j/k

So, if Javier jumps his best 4T, he can easily receive +3. If Yuzuru does his best 4Lo, it’ll be +3. His 4S and 4S3T combination, easily +3 as well. Of course, his 3A is almost always +3. Moreover, Yuzuru is the best spinner in the world, so his spins always get +3. StSq is always exciting and dynamic, complex and difficult, so this too is always +3.

Yeah.... about that..... :slinkaway:

This is my way of approach, we want to rekindle the magic once again. For that reason, we had to make some changes to the program. The build up from two years’ worth of training and his growth as a person over the past two years. That alone raises this program to the next level.

At choreography with Shae-lynn, he trimmed out several parts. The StSq has gotten even more delicate, even better. So, I think this is the right decision. I’ll say it again, but it’s become a program worthy of the Olympics.

What does trimmed out means in this context, I wonder? Did they cut out some parts of the step sequence and replaced them with new choreography? Looking forward to seeing the evolved programs throughout the season. ACI's version won't even be the final version, since even if he nails it, he's still going to keep polishing it.

[Over the weekend] some time ago, we practiced new hydroblading technique.  We weren’t making much sound on the ice, and [the rink] was quite empty. <We tried other skaters’ variations, and Shae-lynn joined in as well (laughs). Since it is a move that Yuzuru has in his free program, he is of course very good at it.> Because what we were doing looked really interesting, several other skaters tried as well. So Yuzuru helped them––raise your hand like this, do it this way, lock your arms like this, and then do it here, raise the leg some more… It was difficult, but he was laughing a lot and enjoying himself. I thought it was great. Although it isn’t like that every day, I’m happy that we can have times like these.

Yuzu relaxing and laughing in practice, I'm :10636614: 

There are six months left right now until the Olympics. We can’t possibly zero in on that alone and chase that every day. He is not the type who takes a lot of time off, so when he is here, we have to think of ways for him to relax somehow.

Keep doing the good work, BrianTracy&Co. 

He’s had plenty and enough training. That we trust the training we’ve accumulated up till this point. We told him that and it all went well. It wasn’t coincidental, he didn’t just happen to do well. We talked about how we wanted to approach the free––in what form, and how to practice. Yuzuru listened to what I said and didn’t miss a single word. I told him, “There is no need to prove to anyone that you can do a proper Salchow.” He always, even during official practices of the championships, gives off the feeling that he has to prove to the world. That’s why we stopped him. And, when the time came to prove his strength, he proved it.

:knc_yuzu2:

Thank you so much, @gladi. I understand now what an epic effort this was. I think Brian spoke more than Yuzu in all magazines combined! :laughing:

1 hour ago, daisyjune said:

Yes!  Arm movement is very Nanami-sensei's style. I wonder how it would look like if Yuzu skated this program.

Just a small correction. Mitsuki is coached by Yoshinori Ohnishi who used to coach Tatsuki Machida.

I remember reading an interview about two years ago where Mitsuki was asked "Who do you respect most as a skater?" he answered without hesitation "Hanyu Yuzuru senshu desu." His fellow skater (I forgot his name...) laughed. It seemed like Mitsuki was supposed to say "Machida Tatsuki-senshu desu." :crazyshit2:

Ah! Gotcha - I think the part I'm surprised about is his jump technique (air position) because that's one thing I find seems to be sometimes common to skaters trained by the same coach - but actually Tatsuki kind of has a similar position. Also a possibility he watched a lot of Yuzu videos and modelled his jumping off him lol

1 hour ago, daisyjune said:

I don't know what the source of this is (anyone know?) but apparently Mitsuki said he'd like to reach the JGP final so he'd be skating in the same event as Yuzu. Cute!