General Yuzuru Chat

On 12.7.2017 at 0:39 PM, xeyra said:

I love Yuzu to death but I understand perfectly well when people kept saying he looked down too damn much on H&L.

I am sorry to quote a post that was made ages ago, but I'm very curious about your opinion here. (Just how do I put something in spoilers)

I remember there being a lot of criticism for him looking down too much during Seimei, but because I never watched a live performance of it I assumed it's probably something mostly visible watching in person and had no real opinion on it at that time. He did not appear to "engage" and smile at the camera the same way as f.e. Javier Fernandez, but then again the performance and piece are so different, which is why I could not follow the argument and left thinking about it at that. 

Then I ended up watching H&L in GPF stadium last year and, personally, I could not see that issue AT ALL, actually funnily more the opposite. My most vivid memories consist of Hanyu smiling up the direction of our block not few times and also right before/after difficult jumping passes nonetheless and that was H&L not Lets go crazy. The only other skaters in the mens event daring to look up at the audience as much as him were Rippon and Uno actually, to me and my friends surprise. I don't mean to say it's always the same, as everyone has good or bad days obviously as well as other circumstances that play into account, but it was so for us that day. 

Of course after coming home I was looking forward to how that translated to camera and yeah lol, it caught the back of his head more often than not! Which brings me to another point I noticed. Hanyu performs so much to all different directions in the arena, but as a consequence of that not exclusively for judges and camera direction alone.

The best I could make of that, is that the criticism is of him not looking enough into the camera for some. But I'm only speculating here as I did not succed to see the looking down issue.

Of course if you mean to say you got the impression of him looking down too much by watching H&L and forming the opinion yourself not by giving the benefit of the doubt then I don't mean to correct you. (I can only speak of my personal experience with it so far. It really makes me look forward to new Seimei though - IF I were to get any chance to watch that live).

And please excuse the wall of text and OT! That debate just makes me really curious. ☺

19 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

Trollzuru spotted

Is that Patrick in the middle? :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

So many skaters going to TCC and Yuzu is just chilling. He totally has a great team and facilities, everything he likes, just in one place. And well I guess also because he's just working on improving old programs.

38 minutes ago, ymnk said:

And please excuse the wall of text and OT! That debate just makes me really curious. ☺

It's okay. It was just my impression watching it from video sources only, not live. But after comparing it to Seimei, I agree he doesn't seem to do it as often (and H&L is an introspective program more than Seimei, even). It's just really glaring before the 4S3T, but then again, I can't blame him for that. It was the CoD and he needed all the concentration he could muster for it. :laughing:

4 minutes ago, xeyra said:

PCHIDDY AND ZUZU! TOGETHER AT CRICKET! :10636614:

This is like a fanfic waiting to be written.

I ship it.

Also Zuzu and his reporters and photographers and his skater friends and his girl friends and some coaches and fan commentators and, and... Well, I ship it. :slinkaway: