General Yuzuru Chat

10 minutes ago, Hydroblade said:

I was DYING to post about this but i was waiting to get pics :biggrin:

I bet most of you know about the thousand origami cranes legend, right? If not, well, supposedly, if you make one thousand origami cranes, the gods grant you a wish (i think that other versions of the legend say that you'll get health, luck and happiness)

Before Worlds, i made a small origami swan with golden paper, folding it so the gold was showing on the neck. And we all know what happened :biggrin:

So i took it as a good thing, and thought about doing a thousand origami swans for this season. Yuzu said once that White Legend was his favorite program, and well, we had Notte Stellata last season. A swan felt more fitting to wish for a good season filled with health, success and that smile we all love so much.

I commented this with @yuzuangel and also @hamaguri and they kindly offered me their help in making swans.

It doesn't stop there though :)

Yuzuangel and i had the idea of giving the swans out to other Yuzu fans at ACI, to spread the wish. And we took it even further :) we want to reach all the competitions!

So far we have ACI (of course), CoR (courtesy of @sallycinnamon who already got some swans mailed to her haha), Olympics and Worlds. We're still working on getting in touch with someone attending NHK, GPF and ideally Nationals (if any of you are attending and want to help, we'll be very happy haha)

So, any of you attending the competitions we have covered so far, will probably get a swan :) they're made with love and a strong desire to see him attain his goals this season.

Pics!:

Pooh drowning in some of my swans:rofl: (you can see a golden swan right on top of him):

DLYWvdQ.jpg

Some of hamaguri's swans(she said she will take out the silver one. Only gold for our Swan Overlord!):

QxDQA9N.jpg

Yuzuangel's swans which will take a trip to Moscow :biggrin: (spot the rebel swan)

ibnq45z.jpg

I hope these swans can reach many Yuzu fans, and ofc i would love it if most of you attending get a swan :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:  

As fans, i think we're always thinking of ways to support him, and we can't be in every competition (if only!) so making our wish reach as many competitions as possible in this way is another way to support our Trollzuru Hanyu. So we will let the origami swans take over the world :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

Wow, what a labor of love!

I'll be at ACI and I would actually love to learn how to make one and contribute to the stash if you're bringing any origami paper there. 

8 minutes ago, Xen said:

hydroblade, this is amazing. Will we chain them up as a banner for aci?

The things one does for love :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw: I am not sure yet, currently my only plan is unceremoniously taking them in a box :P and giving them out during the whole event. I did think of stringing them together like one does with the cranes but it would be a bit hard to take them out to give them to other people :tumblr_inline_ncmifiE3IT1rpglid:

4 minutes ago, kiches said:

Wow, what a labor of love!

I'll be at ACI and I would actually love to learn how to make one and contribute to the stash if you're bringing any origami paper there. 

Sure! I still have A LOT of paper (i had to make 350, i'm currently 20 swans short haha) It's pretty easy to do them :) it takes about five minutes for each swan :) i guess that there's nothing wrong in going over the 1000 swans haha, we would have more than a thousand but if you guys contribute a bit i think it means a lot too :7938863:

I finally got seat allocations for Pyeongchang~ I'm hoping if photos are allowed ill be able to get photos for the sp and fs since seats for both hold that potential lol I'm front row for SP tho I'm on the end of the rink not the side ㅠㅠ 

im actually the same side the sp and the fs as I was for the fs at 4CC but in better seats so at least I have a good idea of what my view will be like lol

23 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I finally got seat allocations for Pyeongchang~ I'm hoping if photos are allowed ill be able to get photos for the sp and fs since seats for both hold that potential lol I'm front row for SP tho I'm on the end of the rink not the side ㅠㅠ 

im actually the same side the sp and the fs as I was for the fs at 4CC but in better seats so at least I have a good idea of what my view will be like lol

wonder what it would be like if this forum ever got together and gave him a fan photobook? Gather all our photos in it, since we do have some pretty good photographers.

27 minutes ago, CupidsBow said:

I've was trying to find this earlier tonight, but does Gangneung Ice Arena have a seating chart? Got the seat assignments for the team event and can only speculate as to how good they may be. 

6 hours ago, Mastyaeva said:

Hi, guys!

I'm deeply sorry, I didn't mean to imitate our dear trolling overlord by promising my story about Helsinki and not telling it. :oops:I just wasn't sure anybody would be interested, so I asked my question and went to finish my university paper. Then it took me an eternity to write everything in English. But your "likes" gave me the courage to finish. Thanks!

I really wish I could paint or write poems : I would not spam everybody with my endless stories about Yuzu. But I can't. So, it will be a very long story. Actually, it's so long that when I realized it, I made a PDF to not bother you with a tremendous post. Feel free to download. But I’m warning you I have a tendency for you graphomania and my story is full of personal thought and opinions. So, to not bother yourself, you can read only a part where I finally see Yuzu’s performance – I made it in in bold. I just ask you to have mercy for a very emotional girl with poor English whose first life competition ever happened to be WC free skate in Helsinki. Besides, it’s the very precious memories I have.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B90gUm4gt1YXZTRMZTc0VVIxLTg/view?usp=sharing

Wow!  Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share this.  I was with you all the way through your journey.  Your beautiful and heartfelt recollection reminded me of the way I felt after watching the FS on television.  I still to this day have watched it over and over again and marvel at the magnificence and beauty of it.  Only Yuzu could have skated that masterpiece. Your description of the silence before his performance helped me understand what Yuzu meant.  I guess it was almost like everyone was holding their breath all at once? 

You also wrote:

"I left the stadium like a little drunk. I was absolutely happy. Then I tried to explain
to my family and friends that I saw a miracle. But they did not understand me. Of course,
they said that to win gold being the fifth is a miracle and that this guy is exactly brilliant.
But it was not that. His skate that day was a miracle for me. It was not simply perfect It
made me truly happy. It's quite easy to enjoy your own successes. Yuzu gave me a feeling

of pure joy for someone else, without a shadow of envy. In other words, he made me
better than I really am, albeit not for long. I will always be grateful to him for this."

Exactly!! And, it made me feel stronger.  I think Kurt Browning said he immediately felt that he could run a marathon.  I felt like I could and should be a figure skater, and I've only poorly skated once in my life!  This 'high' stayed with me for days, and still amazes me. And yes, the feeling of "pure joy" for him "without a shadow of envy" was overwhelming for me too.

Thank you again!

Hello, I'm a little bit nervous posting here (although I became a member of this forum in May), my translation was brought up in  a few pages back so I'm here:smile:

I just wanted to tell you that I always translate only reliable sources, so please don't worry. And my posts are kind of "information delivery" and I tend to omit the flow of the conversation, so it may sound weird sometimes and confusing and I apologize for that. I really appreciate other translators' works which are well-nuanced and have more vocabulary:2thumbsup:

A bit of information though, Orser said Yuzuru was practicing new "Shae-Lynn-ish" hydro-blading in one practice session, so I personally think seeing it in SEIMEI is more possible than seeing 4A :laughing:

Also in regards to announcement of his LP on media days, Yuzuru asked the media not to announce that until his interview was over because he wanted to explain directly to them. The coaches' interviews had already been finished before Yuzuru's practice, so all the media had to be really patient but they kept their words:biggrin:

OK, that's it! Have a great day everyone:tumblr_m9gcv6So5s1qzckow:

1 minute ago, yude said:

Hello, I'm a little bit nervous posting here (although I became a member of this forum in May), my translation was brought up in  a few pages back so I'm here:smile:

I just wanted to tell you that I always translate only reliable sources, so please don't worry. And my posts are kind of "information delivery" and I tend to omit the flow of the conversation, so it may sound weird sometimes and confusing and I apologize for that. I really appreciate other translators' works which are well-nuanced and have more vocabulary:2thumbsup:

A bit of information though, Orser said Yuzuru was practicing new "Shae-Lynn-ish" hydro-blading in one practice session, so I personally think seeing it in SEIMEI is more possible than seeing 4A :laughing:

Also in regards to announcement of his LP on media days, Yuzuru asked the media not to announce that until his interview was over because he wanted to explain directly to them. The coaches' interviews had already been finished before Yuzuru's practice, so all the media had to be really patient but they kept their words:biggrin:

Thank you for your translations, @yude - I apologise if I hurt you! Anyway, your translation was retranslated into Russian and is being discussed there!

23 minutes ago, yude said:

That part about the hydroblade was my favorite, especially when you said he ended up having other skaters join in and teaching them how to do it and was having fun. :10636614:

34 minutes ago, yude said:

Thank you very much for all the quick translations!  :bow:

@Hydroblade you made me teary :tumblr_inline_ncmif7esGm1rpglid:

the idea is wonderful, and the project is massive amount of love and joy. 

I rarely post over here since I'm terrible at wording my thoughts (so pls forgive me if you feel my wording is awkward), but I just want to say thank you to all of you, admin team and members.

I'm moved a lot. It's just amazing. The joy and emotions that Yuzu brought to us are being shared and multiplied over here among members, and now they are going to reach other fans outside the forum. To me it's like the spirit of Olympic torch. Yuzu is the bearer who brings light of hope, love and joy to us; we receive his fire, sharing it and firing up those emotions inside us as well as in others. And the world, or as least my world, is lighted.

This is the first time I actively participate a fandom, thanks god it is a beautiful experience :tumblr_inline_n18qr5lPWB1qid2nw:

@Hydroblade that's a lovely n wonderful idea! you guys and your dedication wow :tumblr_inline_nhkf04zUM41qid2nw:

49 minutes ago, yude said:

This made me curious on how Shae Lynn does hydroblade n if its actually like this

i sadly have to say that i prefer yuzu's :slinkaway:  (unless we're talking about other type of hydroblade she did)