General Yuzuru Chat

Not sure if this has been asked or not... when did yuzu start to do the hydroblade move?

It's definitely in his Change EX from 2008/2009 (?), so it's been a while!

Oh ok thanks!!!

Another question, so yuzu's mom is always with him right? Any pictures available? I've tried googling but uncle google can't give me the results... or she has always maintain her privacy?

Oh ok thanks!!!

Another question, so yuzu's mom is always with him right? Any pictures available? I've tried googling but uncle google can't give me the results... or she has always maintain her privacy?

There are some pics but... yeah they are a very private family.

Clo said:
Icy said:
xeyra said:

That would be a shocker. After the Battle Royale of choreographers between DW and SLB, which left both too bloody to finish a damn thing, Lori tiptoed into TCC to offer her services. To the theme of Man of Steel. For variety, you see.

Maybe she was the one who caused the battle in the first place... by making the other two fight for the golden apple with an inscription that read: "to the best choreographer ever".

So in this scenario, Lori is Eris... we're missing a third contender for the apple, obviously that one is Jeff (imagine him side-lunging into the scene asking "Shouldn't that be mine then??". Bonus points for Let's Go Crazy sounding in the background).

But then... who is Paris? :rofl:

In this case Lori would be both Eris and one of the three contenders. Yuzu is Paris as he has to decide who's the best choreographer.

I think his mother is here:

Yep, she's the one sewing the costume. How fitting, we're talking about this costume in the costumes' thread

Once you know what she looks like, it's hard not to pick her out. Yuzu looks a lot like her.

It's pretty amazing that she still stays with him in Toronto after all these years, despite him being older now. I can imagine what a change her life took when they made the decision to go to TCC. I bet she didn't think she'd be living part of the year in Canada and then travelling all around the world with him when she took him to his first lessons, lol!! I'd say it's a family success story.... as many stories are for top athletes and the sacrifices everyone makes.

Yoa said:
ymy said:

Also in this video from 05:38 there's more of her (later on is the part that Yoa linked, and another new part after that).

When I hear her talk it makes me feel all fuzzy inside, and even more so when she laughs. As expected of Yuzu's mom.

Bonus: young Kikuchi-san before he had the fate of all men who surround Yuzuru, of going bald, white or both :D

Yoa said:
ymy said:

15-year-old Yuzu. Mom hand-making Zigeunerweisen costume designed by Johnny Weir for his senior debut. Lots of love going into that costume. :smiley-love017:

Geo1 said:
Yoa said:
ymy said:

15-year-old Yuzu. Mom hand-making Zigeunerweisen costume designed by Johnny Weir for his senior debut. Lots of love going into that costume. :love:

Did you spell that from memory or did you have to, like all normal human beings, copy paste it from somewhere? :rofl:

steemsprite said:
Yoa said:
ymy said:

Also in this video from 05:38 there's more of her (later on is the part that Yoa linked, and another new part after that).

When I hear her talk it makes me feel all fuzzy inside, and even more so when she laughs. As expected of Yuzu's mom.

Bonus: young Kikuchi-san before he had the fate of all men who surround Yuzuru, of going bald, white or both :D

Wow, he really looks so much like his mom.

Thanks for the link to the whole documentary, I had only seen parts of it before :D

xeyra said:
Geo1 said:

15-year-old Yuzu. Mom hand-making Zigeunerweisen costume designed by Johnny Weir for his senior debut. Lots of love going into that costume. :smiley-love017:

Did you spell that from memory or did you have to, like all normal human beings, copy paste it from somewhere? :rofl:

If you remembered that from memory, you have to put a ring on it!!

kaeryth said:
liv said:
Once you know what she looks like, it's hard not to pick her out. Yuzu looks a lot like her.

Yep! But I'm actually amazed by her ninja moves as well. She has a sixth sense when cameras start clicking and is just able to hide/blend into the background.

When she arrives at the airport with Yuzuru for comps, it's not unusual to see her dash away from the cameras, so you can see her only for a split second :D it's pretty cute

beki said:
How did Yuzu befriend one of his idols at such a young age? It's really cute. Back in the day I was a Johnny uber so this connection makes me happy :)

It is, and I wonder if this is to the credit of Johnny's insight. It's funny and awesome how Yuzu managed to become the idol of both of his idols in such a ... world record time :coolio: