General Yuzuru Chat

Icy said:
xeyra said:

That would be a shocker. After the Battle Royale of choreographers between DW and SLB, which left both too bloody to finish a damn thing, Lori tiptoed into TCC to offer her services. To the theme of Man of Steel. For variety, you see.

Maybe she was the one who caused the battle in the first place... by making the other two fight for the golden apple with an inscription that read: "to the best choreographer ever".

You two!!! Go write some juicy article for some tabloid :rofl2: You're good at it

I don't know if this is already posted and I don't know where to post it elsewhere, but I stumbled on this Worlds 2017 montage of Yuzu, Javi, Shoma, Elladj and Misha :)

Maybe there should be a video thread for video links for montages and fan edits, too? (apart from the video threads for competition and analytical videos etc.) :)

Edit: and the most hilarious thing is while other montage use dramatic, heroic music, this one's using the official Worlds 2017 song :rofl:

I hope he continues with Shae-Lynn, I think they work well together, it seems like he is able to offer input into the choreography. She is able to play to his strengths. I wasn't fond of David Wilson for Yuzu (he clicked with Yuna thought!) until Stella Notte. It redeemed him to me :yes: 

I would love for him to stay with Shae-Lyn. I feel like she gets him - his personality and philosophy. When they did interviews with her she also used a lot of metaphors (like our dear zuzu) to describe both the Seimei & Hope and Legacy programs. I also love the fact that she did research for Seimei when he first presented it to her. I just have mad respect for Shae-Lyn and I think her personality/style really matches with Yuzuru.

beki said:
Eclair said:
Edit: and the most hilarious thing is while other montage use dramatic, heroic music, this one's using the official Worlds 2017 song :rofl:

Noooo my sister and I had that song stuck in our heads for days! I am not watching that :)

But in the video yuzu is dancing to that song. Don't you want to see that? (I admit it's not thaaaaaat great, but still good for a chuckle)

Icy said:
xeyra said:

That would be a shocker. After the Battle Royale of choreographers between DW and SLB, which left both too bloody to finish a damn thing, Lori tiptoed into TCC to offer her services. To the theme of Man of Steel. For variety, you see.

Maybe she was the one who caused the battle in the first place... by making the other two fight for the golden apple with an inscription that read: "to the best choreographer ever".

So in this scenario, Lori is Eris... we're missing a third contender for the apple, obviously that one is Jeff (imagine him side-lunging into the scene asking "Shouldn't that be mine then??". Bonus points for Let's Go Crazy sounding in the background).

But then... who is Paris? :rofl:

Not sure if this has been asked or not... when did yuzu start to do the hydroblade move?

I feel obliged to answer this but i am not sure.

I know he has been doing it since 2011 though

Ok cool thanks.. was watching his fs for 2013 worlds. No hydroblading in that program (ndop?). And I can't remember if there is any in his Sochi olympics fs.

I like shae's programs for him though so would like her to choreograph for yuzu next season.

Eclair said:
beki said:
Eclair said:
Edit: and the most hilarious thing is while other montage use dramatic, heroic music, this one's using the official Worlds 2017 song :rofl2:

Noooo my sister and I had that song stuck in our heads for days! I am not watching that :smile:

But in the video yuzu is dancing to that song :tongue: don't you want to see that? (I admit it's not thaaaaaat great, but still good for a chuckle)

HONESTLY, how many times have we seen him dancing to random pieces of music, just out of the blue? I still remember that time he was watching Maia Shibutani reharsing the coreography for the Boston gala and he just started to imitate her. Such sass, I can't

Blt said:
I hope he continues with Shae-Lynn, I think they work well together, it seems like he is able to offer input into the choreography. She is able to play to his strengths. I wasn't fond of David Wilson for Yuzu (he clicked with Yuna thought!) until Stella Notte. It redeemed him to me :)

I'm still skeptical(is that correct?) about DW choreo for Yuzu. Like you said, with Shae he has imput into it as she seems strict but more flexible and to me she understand him better while as far as i know(read) DW is not fond of

suggestions on his choreos. Notte Strellata is beautiful as EX but i don't if would be as great if it was a program with all the transitions and etc.

Not sure if this has been asked or not... when did yuzu start to do the hydroblade move?

It's definitely in his Change EX from 2008/2009 (?), so it's been a while!

edit: someone already answered, sorry!! Enjoy the EX anyway, it's one of my favs because it's such fun to watch