General Yuzuru Chat

The translation makes more sense. @gladi thank you for the awesome translations as always!

I love LGC, I love Hope and Legacy, but if I had to chose, I would have also picked Ballade and Seimei over the 16/17 programs. Much as I love LGC, it was also a program that had an "acquired taste" feeling to it. Unlike Ballade, I only gradually liked LGC and all its nuances. On the other hand, Ballade's intensity captured my attention right from day 1. Yes, probably skating to Chopin does fit into a stereotype of what figure skating is, but with Yuzu's performance, what a beautiful stereotype to behold. If I had to choose, hard as it is, I think Ballade's intensity fits Yuzu more than LGC.

@Hydroblade you seriously want LGC as an ex at ACI? Really?! I think you declared the possibility of fainting several times just to Seimei hydroblade, what if you have to witness a zusa to your general direction? Are you ready to faint that many times? Not sure if we have enough smelling salts for ya....

"Viktor Petrenko won the gold medal to repeat SP&LP in 1992. Jeff Buttle was actually the the first person since Viktor Petrenko to repeat SP and LP in the same season. Jeff did that in 2008 to win Worlds."

I saw other forums.

5 minutes ago, Xen said:

@Hydroblade you seriously want LGC as an ex at ACI? Really?! I think you declared the possibility of fainting several times just to Seimei hydroblade, what if you have to witness a zusa to your general direction? Are you ready to faint that many times? Not sure if we have enough smelling salts for ya....

It's a very good way to go. Death by zusaa :tumblr_inline_ncmif5EcBB1rpglid:

LGC's movement is so exciting like flying on the ice it can be possible. 
Ballade is beautiful without saying anything. Yuzu is like a pianist.
Whatever it may be, I hope he can focus on perfomance in this season:tumblr_inline_nhkezsTB3v1qid2nw:

5 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes please LGC as an Ex

Also, Yuzuru talking about his own "rough masculinity" ...

Yuzu, a warning, maybe, before you say such things? :volcano:

For some reason I could see Queen's music as an Ex fitting well with him...

But that "rough masculinity" line reminds me of Kenji no Heya where they talked about ideal types and Yuzu's own complex about his features being too delicate and plain. So on the next episode of Kenji no Heya.

Kenji: So that was why you were okay with doing Let's Go Crazy to Prince?

Yuzuru: Hai. Well maybe it was due to my complex over my more delicate style....so I thought maybe it's a good chance to try out a more rough masculinity style of skating...

Kenji:.......

1 minute ago, Xen said:

For some reason I could see Queen's music as an Ex fitting well with him...

But that "rough masculinity" line reminds me of Kenji no Heya where they talked about ideal types and Yuzu's own complex about his features being too delicate and plain. So on the next episode of Kenji no Heya.

Kenji: So that was why you were okay with doing Let's Go Crazy to Prince?

Yuzuru: Hai. Well maybe it was due to my complex over my more delicate style....so I thought maybe it's a good chance to try out a more rough masculinity style of skating...

Kenji:.......

It's like he had to show himself he could be rough and masculine. Well, I won't say he needed to show it to us, I think most of his fans had already saw glimpses of that even in his younger performances, like Romeo... (his Romeo is extremely masculine, tbh). But I won't say I didn't appreciate it

I don't find Prince a symbol of raw masculinity though, so I don't really see where he was going with that train of thought. It's more...glam masculinity? Which seemed to have worked well for him. I mean I wouldn't have thought it would but he completely owned it.

If he wanted more raw masculinity with a huge side of sexiness, something along the lines of George Michael would've worked better, I think. xD I mean as a solo artiste, not as part of WHAM! 

Though he'd prolly have fun with WHAM! stuff too...

53 minutes ago, Xen said:

Much as I love LGC, it was also a program that had an "acquired taste" feeling to it. Unlike Ballade, I only gradually liked LGC and all its nuances. On the other hand, Ballade's intensity captured my attention right from day 1. Yes, probably skating to Chopin does fit into a stereotype of what figure skating is

I believe this has been brought up before...But I think the " aquired taste" really depends on people (I think the argument of nationality and culture was pretty valid too), because I am the exactly opposite of you. LGC drew me in and captured MY attention from day 1, while I only grew to like Chopin after I become a true fan and watched it more and learn to appreciate the delicacy of it... LGC not being the stereotype classic piece and having tons of memorable signature moves ( the zusa! The high kick! I think people/kids being able to copy the poses brings popularity quickly! Ex: pistol pose of PW ) really  captivated me on first viewing...Whereas after I watched Chopin the first time, I honestly can't remember any move from it (I just rememberes that it was pretty~)so Chopin was the "aquired taste" for me...But then again, I also really like PW upon first viewing, and Yuna Kim's first memorable program for me was her Bond program... So I guess I am just a sucker for more western, pop culture associated , outwardly exciting type of program~ (which is why I think LGC will draw casual viewers attention too...Le sigh.. what could have been....)

But at the end of the day, Yuzu has to deliver a clean program with good flow to capture attention and garner more support, so Chopin in his state now gives him the most probability to achieve that, so I am still behind his decision but I am glad to hear that he really considered LGC seriously and recognize his own strength and charisma in these type of program (LGC & PW)...So hopefully we will see more flaunting of his "rough masculinity " later haha 

P.S. I think he can do a tango well now, after the initiation of LGC :winky:

4 minutes ago, ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ said:

I don't find Prince a symbol of raw masculinity though, so I don't really see where he was going with that train of thought. It's more...glam masculinity? Which seemed to have worked well for him. I mean I wouldn't have thought it would but he completely owned it.

If he wanted more raw masculinity with a huge side of sexiness, something along the lines of George Michael would've worked better, I think. xD I mean as a solo artiste, not as part of WHAM! 

Though he'd prolly have fun with WHAM! stuff too...

This interpretation depends a bit on the translator, I think. @gladi's interpretation of that was 'wildness' whereas iron_klaus was rough masculinity. Take which one you prefer. :biggrin:

I think a whole bunch of people who only watch Olympics, especially the past me, checked out Yuzu's short program Parisen Walkways because it broke wr and were surprised to actually like it because of how far it strayed from their thought about fs and the prejudice on the men's singles, like, "Wow, I didn't know FS could be dynamic and exciting like this." LGC had the potential to make casual viewers take notice. And Yuzu knew it's potential. But I concur, I think Chopin was the smart choice for the masterplan. And perhaps its elegance and flow would also change people's mind and see the beauty in the men's singles too.

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

LOL... last Olympic cycle his Ex skates were all recycled (previous programs):

• SC 2013 - Etude
  • TEB 2013 - NDP
  • GPF 2013 - Story (From Ice Shows)
  • Nats 2013 - Hana ni Nare
  • OWG 2014 - White Legend
  • Worlds 2014 - R+J1

So the possibility of seeing POTO, LGC, and H&L as EX pieces won't be a surprise.

5 hours ago, kaeryth said:

Hmmmm... Lemme take a crack at it:

Rostelecom: POTO

NHK: H&L

GPF: Ienai Yo?

Nats: Requiem

OWG: LGC

Worlds: Notte Stellata

ETA: Throw in Pari-san somewhere..

Dream....Sounds really Yuzu...