General Yuzuru Chat

I'm more intrigued by that "Yuzu thought of doing LGC, but Shirota convinced him to do Chopin instead" thing :sadPooh: (Yes, I know all the issues of LGC, but I think a nailed LGC would be epic!)

(I also take it with a little grain of salt, though, because... that interview makes it sound like Shirota has quite an influence over Yuzu and that's a bit :yznotimpressed: Of course, it could very well be true, but it's weird to me when someone seems to talk themselves up like that. Especially when it's someone Japanese, because it's a very un-Japanese-like thing... And I don't mean the translation, just... it's a bit weird to me. Of course, we also don't have the original, so, it's hard to say anything.)

I would actually prefer Chopin to LGC for the Olympic season even though I love LGC for the reason that Chopin seems to be more flexible music and rhythm wise to his different jump patterns. One of the issues he had with LGC was that he had to keep in time with the music and any mistakes he made when performing that program seems to be magnified. He also doesn't need an added pressure of 'he HAS to do the program perfectly' because he wasn't able to last season. We all saw what happened at WTT when he was pressuring himself so much to finally deliver a perfect LGC. He can revisit LGC post Olympics.  :2thumbsup:

13 minutes ago, Yuzkiki said:

Chopin ballad would be a better decision than LGC. According to those who have seen it, it is said that the Pyeongchang Arena was uncomfortable to hear the electronic sound of LGC. 

Shirota-san made a comment about the acoustics at the arena too, in this interview. 

From yude at GS:

Shirota worries about the sound effect in the venue of Pyeongchang Olympics, she felt there was the gap of the sound depends on the place the skaters stood in the rink. She really hopes it will be fixed in the Olympics.

18 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Shirota-san made a comment about the acoustics at the arena too, in this interview. 

From yude at GS:

If that's the case it's not something he would miss with the emphasis he places on getting the music absolutely spot on, and he was paying close attention to the arena at 4CC.

7 hours ago, kaerb said:

I mean if I were Mr Extra, that'd be my ideal game plan - fulfil life dream of 2 Olympic results (maybe w/ one new quad) then debut one more history-making feat during the Worlds-in-Japan season (touching ALL the wood, I hope his wildest dreams come true)

well if his ultimate goal is to land all the quads in a program, and he wanted to retir* at worlds in japan, it means next season we'll have the 4A and then the next season 4F :winky:. it all fits together. imagine retir*ng after that though, skating world would feel such a huge loss

Shirota worries about the sound effect in the venue of Pyeongchang Olympics, she felt there was the gap of the sound depends on the place the skaters stood in the rink. She really hopes it will be fixed in the Olympics.

why do i feel like shirota was only conveying concerns after what yuzu said to her? after all, he did this kind of audio checking stuffs with sochi before :laughing: i guess we now know yuzu is not taking the chance that it will be fixed before olympics

This comment about Yuzu wanting at first to do LGC for olympics makes me happy because it might mean that he'll do it again next season, and that we'll perhaps finally see this program in its intended glory one day :)

But for Olympics, I think the decision to keep Chopin was the wise call. His worst ennemy this year will be the pressure, so anything that can help his confidence and comfort is the right choice, imho.

Plus, the more I watch Chopin 3.0, the more I love it. I can't wait to discover the competition version.

52 minutes ago, xeyra said:

Shirota-san은이 인터뷰에서 경기장에서의 음향에 대해서도 언급했습니다. 

에서 yude GS에서 :

LGC is enthusiastic the audience. But clapping sounds that are out of line with bad sounds make it harder to concentrate on performance...i think. :sadPooh: