General Yuzuru Chat

6 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

I'm guessing it might be https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/小林宏一

He apparently goes as KobaHiro.

And the tweet says that [they heard there that] it seems Yuzuru's going to be able/manage to land 4A soon.

Well according to other sources he's already landed some 4As so this isn't really news as far as I know? I doubt he's actively practicing it nowadays...

Just now, robin said:

Well according to other sources he's already landed some 4As so this isn't really news as far as I know? I doubt he's actively practicing it nowadays...

Hence my edit about the meaning of 'oriru'... my only knowledge of it is when Yuzuru used it in his tanabata wish making, in 2010, regarding quads. But he had already landed quads, so it made me think it might be more like being able to do it consistently. But I have no real idea and not enough experience with Japanese in a figure skating context.

i hope think by soon they mean next season n not this one :smiley-scared008: i mean, judging by the way he's going it seems like only 1 new jump per season. imo 4lz is already risky, he could already win with the layout that he had announced. but his team knows the best for him :shrug:

15 minutes ago, KatjaThera said:

If oriru in skate speak means simply landing, then it's not much reason to panic. We knew he was playing with it and probably will train after the Olympics.

If, however, oriru in skate speak means landing consistently... :volcano:

That's what i'm wondering too... 

It does sound like speculation so... let's hope for the best :slinkaway:

Just now, Hydroblade said:

That's what i'm wondering too... 

It does sound like speculation so... let's hope for the best :slinkaway:

The question is what is the best? lol

I actually wonder - honestly, because I'm still not very familiar with the physics of jumping - if, considering Yuzu's 3A, which looks so easy and effortless and like he could do it in his sleep,, training 4A would be as dangerous for him as for other skaters. I understand it's half an extra rotation compared to other quads, and so requires more height, possibly more speed, but is there any other reason that makes it so dangerous?

Just now, KatjaThera said:

The question is what is the best? lol

I actually wonder - honestly, because I'm still not very familiar with the physics of jumping - if, considering Yuzu's 3A, which looks so easy and effortless and like he could do it in his sleep,, training 4A would be as dangerous for him as for other skaters. I understand it's half an extra rotation compared to other quads, and so requires more height, possibly more speed, but is there any other reason that makes it so dangerous?

He did say it was dangerous, i think he explained why it is dangerous/difficult on that fateful 4A hologram program where they planted the seed of "i definitely can do it" :slinkaway:?

Skating thread: discusses how Yuzu's 3A seems funky lately and it might be because of a certain training of a certain jump

Next day: SEEMS LIKE YUZURU IS WORKING ON LANDING 4A CONSISTENTLY 

Well, this doesn't seem so unrealistic for me. Firstly, Ambesi said that he saw Yuzuru land it. Secondly, that 17-cm-program probably put the seed in him to try to make it work out at any cost (well, sparing his health, of course), and he's probably planning to train it even more consistently after the Olympics. The boy's gonna give us our 4A. Real soon. And we haven't even seen the 4Lz yet. Im die. I cant. With this guy. I CANT. 

3 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Skating thread: discusses how Yuzu's 3A seems funky lately and it might be because of a certain training of a certain jump

Well, this doesn't seem so unrealistic for me. Firstly, Ambesi said that he saw Yuzuru land it. Secondly, that 17-cm-program probably put the seed in him to try to make it work out at any cost (well, sparing his health, of course), and he's probably planning to train it even more consistently after the Olympics. The boy's gonna give us our 4A. Real soon. And we haven't even seen the 4Lz yet. Im die. I cant. With this guy. I CANT. 

As long as it is after PC, i don't mind it... He wants that 4A so much, i want to see his happy face when he finally lands it in public <3

16 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Not yeeeettttt I want to believe Yuzu has enough chill to at least put the 4A off for this season :tumblr_inline_n18qr5AMus1qid2nw:

Regarding 4A, Japanese learning/speaking group might want to correct me on that one, but isn't the form of oriru in this tweet (降りれそうらしい) a double 'probably'? Like 'そう' means seems/looks like, and らしい is used like the English 'apparently' at the beginning of the sentence when you start a gossip? Then, the speaker continues to add 'so he says, but seriously/is that for serious?!' So the tweet meaning would mean somethign along the lines of 'Kobahiro-san said that apparently, Yuzuru-san looks like/seems like he's about to become able to land the 4A jump, but is this for real?!' So, it's basically the thing we know since that fateful hologram show (aka the Yuzuru 'Now that you've shown me, I feel like I can jump it!' Hanyu, the first of his name), so we're at the same risk of heart attacks as we were before... minus the current Yuzuru's watch-after-my-health tactics, which so far are actually applied*le gasp* and I pray it stays this way, though who knows him:xD:

Still, I don't get why 降りform, not just 降り...what that れ does there???