General Yuzuru Chat

liha said:
I'm coming through with another one. I present to you:

:xD: 

eta: sorry to interrupt the convo, keep on going

Our memelord yuzuru hanyu :bow: :bow: :bow: :goe:

Regarding to a rumour about Shae and DW battling to make a choreography for yuzu LP, I don't think it's true. Why would someone make a choreography to skate but at the end it wasn't used coz it wasn't chosen? For next season, I bet yuzu will choose Shae as a choreographer for his LP.

beki said:
I'm surprised not to hear this here first, but I've seen that there is a rumor in a Japanese skating magazine that Shae-Lynn Bourne and David Wilson will both choreograph an LP and then Yuzu will pick one. A choreographer battle. Has it been mentioned in our Japanese-language thread?

And because it seemed some were critical of that, these are my thoughts: if the choreographer battle rumor is true (a big if), I wouldn't interpret it as Yuzuru taking advantage of DW and SLB. It's out of the ordinary for choreographers to compete for the attention of a skater (instead of the other way round), but clearly the opportunity to choreograph for the defending Oly champ is one they're willing to fight for. He's giving them both a chance, and I'm sure he can compensate them for their time.

Personally, I would give the advantage to Shae, because she knows him better and he developed his artistry with her. But I'm not against Yuzu leaving no stone unturned in his quest for repeat gold. And in my eyes, David has partially redeemed himself for some uninspired programs with Notte Stellata.

In fact I read a Japanese tabloid article "exclusively disclosing" Yuzu's "painful" decision to go back to "more prestigious and experienced DW " for Oly but this story about choreographer battle between him and Shae is nowhere to find. Quite fishy. But you say the source is "a skating magazine" ?

Poor yuzu. In the gossip magazine world he has quite the life... secret girlfriend, painful choreography decisions with face offs..oh, wasnt he also upset one time that javi was with miki so could not compete?

Anyway, that is all gossip, but I wanted to say how awesome it was to see the *2017* on the tcc plaque!!!! He must feel great looking at that :clap: 

In fact I read a Japanese tabloid article "exclusively disclosing" Yuzu's "painful" decision to go back to "more prestigious and experienced DW " for Oly but this story about choreographer battle between him and Shae is nowhere to find. Quite fishy. But you say the source is "a skating magazine" :eh: ?

Actually, it's weaker than that. It's a poster on a different forum saying they had seen such a magazine. So it was irresponsible for me to repeat. I was just very surprised, and wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything.

Yoa said:
ShiroKJ said:

Has that ever happened before? Two individual choreographers working together on one program?

Jeff and DW choreographed Javi's 'Black Betty' and 'I love Paris'.

Ohh, Black Betty was amazing.  Im totally on board with the duet idea. :goe: 

:xD:  I think this is the appropriate face expression for those tabloids rumors.

I'm fine with both DW and SLB, I just wish he will make a program that goes with the judges' horrible taste. Like ignore ur inner creativity Yuzu and just go with whatever war horse program the judges want u to do to get those points u need to win the Olympic... please Yuzu please...

xeyra said:

That would be a shocker. After the Battle Royale of choreographers between DW and SLB, which left both too bloody to finish a damn thing, Lori tiptoed into TCC to offer her services. To the theme of Man of Steel. For variety, you see.

Maybe she was the one who caused the battle in the first place... by making the other two fight for the golden apple with an inscription that read: "to the best choreographer ever".

After worlds when he arrived at the airport and was interviewed by Japanese media about next season, didn't Yuzu say something to the effect of that he usually trusts Jeffrey to chose the music and that he had chosen the music and participated in the choreography with Shae Lynn, and that it would probably be the same next season? So to me it sounds like it is most likely that he will continue his work with Shae Lynn.

Though I do wonder whether he is going to keep his short program or get a new one. I'm leaning towards getting a new one but who knows :scratch3: