General Yuzuru Chat

you know what I was just reading a japanese manga in japanese because the english version took ages to surface on net and the word ドs wildly appears :rofl: immediately zuzu came to mind lol :tumblr_inline_mm2wb3v3qq1qz4rgp: but we still love him despite that S trolling side of him :snpeace: we're all ドM-s like Nobu

7 minutes ago, SuzyQ said:

Oh, Nishiyama Shingo kun :girlsigh:

oh he trains with brian now too? :7562096: and is the video from 2013? the skate canada one looks totally different lol :laughing: if it's from 2016 skate canada then it's 3 years from the video and he changed so much.. and the kid in the video next to him reminded me of a young shoma for some reason

41 minutes ago, AsteroidB-612 said:

You know, looking at picture of Johnny and Yuzu makes me glad that Yuzu adores both Plushy AND Johnny... I think it really speaks volume about his ideal skating. How he wants to embrace both the fierce quads (some may say more "yang" (陽) or masculine side of skating )and the fluid graceful artisitry (the more "ying"(陰) or feminine side of skating ).

How fitting that he is portraying Onmyouji(陰陽師), basically a wizard who is familiar with the Ying and the Yang and can blend and utilizes power of both, to bring us his ideal skate! 

I'm sure he is very aware of this, of the balance that portraying Onmyouji requires. The movies are so amazing for this very reason. Also, what I appreciated in the first movie is that even if Onmyouji is a wizard and can see and fight evil demons and spirits, ultimately he needs the help of a woman that has the power of immortality. A power very fitting for women, more than men. It's unusual for an old movie to subtly imply gender equality like this. It's easy to make a hero who 'does all, saves all', but, of course, Onmyouji did not disappoint  in this regard. This just adds up to the reasons why I love SEIMEI and I'm so happy that Yuzuru is repeating it! 

11 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

I'm sure he is very aware of this, of the balance that portraying Onmyouji requires. The movies are so amazing for this very reason. Also, what I appreciated in the first movie is that even if Onmyouji is a wizard and can see and fight evil demons and spirits, ultimately he needs the help of a woman that has the power of immortality. A power very fitting for women, more than men. It's unusual for an old movie to subtly imply gender equality like this. It's easy to make a hero who 'does all, saves all', but, of course, Onmyouji did not disappoint  in this regard. This just adds up to the reasons why I love SEIMEI and I'm so happy that Yuzuru is repeating it! 

:13877886:

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

WELL, okay, not that old. I mean, for a MOVIE it's a little old, plus comparing the Japanese movie industry with the American movie industry, more than 2001 it looked like it was done in the 80's or something :laughing: 

3 hours ago, SparkleSalad said:

It's a bit sad that people feel the need to try to defend him by playing up his masculinity, too. It's okay! Femininity isn't a weakness! It's definitely a strength in male figure skating!

3 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg i'm so sick of haters who criticize him by saying he's too feminine - what a heap of bullshit!

it's how fluid and flexible he is (the "femininity") that makes him so unique in male skating

women are so strong!  why people be so sexist and diss femininity like it's a bad thing!

2 hours ago, sublimeskating said:

social norms are so narrow minded

i'd like to see girls skate as musketeers and warriors and boys skate as beautiful swans!

Yes!!! Yuzu is one of the rare few who are both very feminine and masculine at the same time.  And I hate it when people talk about femininity and masculinity as two polar opposites; sure, there are differences but there are commonalities too!

I hope to see more variations in women skating as well. This is a sport and I don't want it to be restricted by social expectations (which should be updated to reflect the 21st century).

2 hours ago, MrPudding said:

'I'm better at arguing my point' lol

Bb did you forget tracy :rofl:

Maybe that's Yuzu's motivation to study English better - to win arguments. :rofl:

54 минуты назад, Murieleirum сказал:

WELL, okay, not that old. I mean, for a MOVIE it's a little old, plus comparing the Japanese movie industry with the American movie industry, more than 2001 it looked like it was done in the 80's or something :laughing: 

The movie's graphics defiantly looks a bit outdated :laughing: but I really like the main character (and his friend))) and all his secret smiles... fits Yuzu well :devilYuzu:

I really admire how Yuzu found the character that will suit just him (he himself said that he couldn't portray a samurai, but it was 2 years ago, now I feel like he can :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:)

34 minutes ago, Lunna said:

The movie's graphics defiantly looks a bit outdated :laughing: but I really like the main character (and his friend))) and all his secret smiles... fits Yuzu well :devilYuzu:

I really admire how Yuzu found the character that will suit just him (he himself said that he couldn't portray a samurai, but it was 2 years ago, now I feel like he can :animated-smileys-hands-fingers-01:)

Yes, Seimei's aesthetic is literally perfect for Yuzuru, very kitty-sh, feline, quiet and mysteriously powerful. The actor himself is tremendously handsome if I may. (In real life he's like 51 now, but he's still handsome and when he was a little younger he was literally... I mean, try to say no to those eyes, I dare you) 

4e20a456d450b56f15eb66f03bb04a0a.jpg

^ This right here is a Seimei murderface prototype. 

14 minutes ago, Murieleirum said:

Yes, Seimei's aesthetic is literally perfect for Yuzuru, very kitty-sh, feline, quiet and mysteriously powerful. The actor himself is tremendously handsome if I may. (In real life he's like 51 now, but he's still handsome and when he was a little younger he was literally... I mean, try to say no to those eyes, I dare you) 

4e20a456d450b56f15eb66f03bb04a0a.jpg

^ This right here is a Seimei murderface prototype.