General Yuzuru Chat

Gladi also translated the show with Nobu.  

video source

2017.08.17 Asachan Weekly Figure Skate 
Oda Nobunari on Hanyu Yuzuru program choices

0:22
YH: There is no point if I don’t win. If I do this program, 100% I can exceed it, right?

02:01
YH: I am doing Ballade for SP and SEIMEI for FP this season––SEIMEI is a SEIMEIwith a completely different composition, so different that it’s worth a title change in my mind. I will work hard and aim for [a level of] performance such that the audience will think so too. 

02:24
Ishii (the male announcer to the left): Well, let’s talk to Oda-san. So, bringing the same programs…

Oda: In the figure skating world––well, you all might already know––that happens quite a lot. There are even people who use [the same programs] three or four times. Amongst these––and after all, Ballade and SEIMEI were programs that broke world records at the time, so of course there is quite a good mental image even [in Hanyu’s own mind]. **. Hanyu-kun said it too, but the layout has changed a lot, so I think the audience’s impression [of the program] would also end up quite different.

**(やっぱそういうプログラムでぞんずみたいって気持ちもすごくわかりますし。Either bad pronunciation or a slip of tongue here. A bunch of native speakers weighed in and all had differing views. @tadakixd thanks for puzzling over this with me! \o/)

Ishii: Truly, many parts have been revised [in this version]. Especially with the quads. One, two, three quads. Remember this please. Only [one quad] in the second half. It used to be this layout [in the past]. The layout this time has become this (03:28). Oda-san, five quads, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. And––(Natsume interjects: additionally, three quads are in the second half!)––that’s right! In the second half with 1.1 multiplier on BV. 1, 2, 3 quads. Oda-san, that is immense!

Oda: That’s right! Already––this already––even to Hanyu-kun too, is MAX difficulty (makes X sign). Exactly because it is MAX difficulty, that it is done this Olympic season. If it were me and what I would do in terms of the layout, I would go with the layout I already have and do it properly. Well, that is the option that the average, mediocre skater like me (t/n Nobu?!!?) would go for. But this is an “attack.” This many quads––because the men’s figure skating field is heating up. And “I won’t win if I don’t attack” is a very Hanyu-esque sentiment, isn’t it?

Natsume (the female announcer to the right): His expression too, year by year––(gestures to indicate climbing up a ladder, nods)

Oda: Oh yes, indeed! And this program too, there are many big revisions to the transitions in between elements, and steps too, so the [audience’s] impression would change completely as well.

source

Okay my heart jumped when I see the pages go up by a lot this morning :laughing: and turns out boyang had taken over this forum lol btw I love the jumping faces they are so funny!

53 minutes ago, katonice said:

so he decided to do ballade after worlds and seimei after 2015-2016 season ended :crazyshit2:

5 minutes ago, freeyafanfan said:

Okay my heart jumped when I see the pages go up by a lot this morning :laughing: and turns out boyang had taken over this forum lol btw I love the jumping faces they are so funny!

so he decided to do ballade after worlds and seimei after 2015-2016 season ended :crazyshit2:

I feel "betrayed"...

Well glad Yuzu is having fun...:dpooh:

29 minutes ago, Forcefield said:

Okay this reminded me: Jeff wasn't present during the media day at TCC. Whatever happened to the interviews with Shae and DWilson?

I don't know about Shae, but I think I read somewhere (can't remember where, I think Twitter) that Wilson was sick that day (anyone, please feel free to correct me if I got the info wrong).

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

:thanks:

"He has gone through very concentrated training since, and his condition is great. So great that I’d say he would be ready even if the Olympics were to happen next week.” 

:knc_tracy1: Brian is this confident. My. God.

1 hour ago, MrPudding said:

Gladi also translated the show with Nobu.  

"If it were me and what I would do in terms of the layout, I would go with the layout I already have and do it properly. Well, that is the option that the average, mediocre skater like me (t/n Nobu?!!?) would go for. "

Well, about keeping the layout, he is right, I think. Most skaters will keep it if they repeat programs. But saying he is a mediocre:crazyshit2: This is the same man who land 4T-Lo-3S after 4 years of r****ment. Mediocre indeed. (I second your sentiment: Nobu?!!?)

35 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

"He has gone through very concentrated training since, and his condition is great. So great that I’d say he would be ready even if the Olympics were to happen next week.” 

"If it were me and what I would do in terms of the layout, I would go with the layout I already have and do it properly. Well, that is the option that the average, mediocre skater like me (t/n Nobu?!!?) would go for. "

Well, about keeping the layout, he is right, I think. Most skaters will keep it if they repeat programs. But saying he is a mediocre:crazyshit2: This is the same man who land 4T-Lo-3S after 4 years of r****ment. Mediocre indeed. (I second your sentiment: Nobu?!!?)

Well Brian....I don't know about that, is your hair that confident?

And I think Nobu smells something with the layout....

46 minutes ago, yuzupon said:

He has gone through very concentrated training since, and his condition is great. So great that I’d say he would be ready even if the Olympics were to happen next week.” 

Am I the only one who still worry about health...Or I should say how long can Yuzu maintain his healthy body...everytime he jumps, I am worried...It is still early...6 more months...l:hachimaki:keep healthy yuzu:snonegai:also peak..He is not peaking right now, right ?...

3 minutes ago, SSS said:

Am I the only one who still worry about health...Or I should say how long can Yuzu maintain his healthy body...everytime he jumps, I am worried...It is still early...6 more months...l:hachimaki:keep healthy yuzu:snonegai:also peak..He is not peaking right now, right ?...

Haven't you learnt to believe in this miracle, yet? :embSwan: I've put all bad thoughts out of my mind. Something amazing is coming and I need all of my brain to fathom it!

3 minutes ago, SSS said:

Wasn't 'avoiding long build up to peaking' one of the reasons for repeating programs? Yuzu wants to wow the skating world from the get go.

As for his health, it has become the main focus of Yuzu this year, compare to previous years, and so I don't worry so much about that.

1 minute ago, SparkleSalad said:

Haven't you learnt to believe in this miracle, yet? :embSwan: I've put all bad thoughts out of my mind. Something amazing is coming and I need all of my brain to fathom it!

Boston wound is hard to heal ...Healthy body is luxury for Yuzu...

Can't wait for SEIMEI to blow my mind:joy: